The Official New Years Day Bills-Jets Game Day Thread

joewilly12

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Hackenberg doesn't get the fourth quarter, I wouldn't even let Bowles get back to the locker room before I fired him and Maccagnan. I'd fire them, if I was Woody, and show up to the post-game press conference and apologize to the fan base, then announce that I'm hiring a Team President who will have complete control. 

Good thing fans like you don't run complex organizations 

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It is kind of surreal that he isn't playing. Completely meaningless game where a L can do nothing but help and a W accomplishes nothing, against a team playing for nothing that just lost their coach. Oh, and we're home. Ideal place to play for someone so green, and we went with the vet that isn't going to be here next year. Bizarre sh*t.

It's not even like Brandon Marshall or Decker are in uniform today. This is a preseason game and the Bills have packed it in. Makes no sense.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It is kind of surreal that he isn't playing. Completely meaningless game where a L can do nothing but help and a W accomplishes nothing, against a team playing for nothing that just lost their coach. Oh, and we're home. Ideal place to play for someone so green, and we went with the vet that isn't going to be here next year. Bizarre sh*t.

I think most people agree that Hack needs a lot of work.  I'm ok with ramping him up next year in training camp and see what he has.

4 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Romo to Jets concerns me.  One injury and we're back to square one, or worse.  Dallas' Oline couldn't protect him, think we can?

He will be 37 on opening day. When Testaverde got here he was 35, Favre 39. 

Right now this is exactly the kind of performance that can allow a team to put a smiley face on a garbage year, even with Fitz sent packing. And we know Woody never really likes to fire anyone.

Not playing Hackenberg today is criminal. Spare 2 shots downfield this offense is a dumbed down handoff festival anyway.

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

IMO it is insane and guarantees that a large number of teams will be unsuccessful...

That's what happens when owners get too involved. They don't interfere probably with other businesses they own they let the experts and professionals manage them and don't fire people after one year. They are just duplicating what some of their fan base is demanding and they are irrational. 

14 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Jets had Geno (cough). They weren't going to take another QB.  But rex was all Ga Ga over Manuel. 

Lol what?

Round 1 = Jets took 2 players at #9 (Milliner) and #13 (Richardson).

Round 1 = Bills took EJ Manuel at #16

Round 2 = Jets took Geno Smith at #39

If the Jets wanted Manuel they'd have drafted him. The QB Rex had a hardon for was Sanchez, and it's unlikely he wanted Idzik to draft any QB in 2013 (except maybe in later rounds, to replace Tebow as Sanchez's backup). When he went to Buffalo, they jumped on Taylor in FA before holding one practice with EJ Manuel.

Archived