The Official New Years Day Bills-Jets Game Day Thread

joewilly12

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Fitz has the weakest arm it's basically average. He can make the throws the problem I see after watching him for two years is poor judgment too many times esp for a vet. For an inexperienced Qb they have that excuse but Fitz too much like Sanchez in 2016. 

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Jalin Marshall has bummed me out. I hope he gets better with another preseason. I like the potential he flashes, but he makes mental errors s lot

If it was my choice he would have been benched.  Can't hold onto the ball and hasn't made any notable plays I can recall.  Anderson has been terrific, hope he adds some bulk in the off season without hurting his speed and jumping ability.

Just now, Powpow said:

so if we lose and rams and others win we still pick 6th? Don't think  so.

If we lose I think we need the Jaguars, Bears and others to win to move up. So an unlikely chain of events. And even if they happen, we only move up to 4. So there really is no consequence for winning

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Fitz looks so sad on the sideline. I think he is realizinf this may be his last NFL game. He's a good dude, just failed at this job this year. Hope he has a solid game on his way out. 

He will back up someone and take over as the starter. Its his destiny.

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Dear 19 year-old little boy, you may want to start considering the possibility that nobody is listening to you because of the way you have conducted yourself on this forum since you joined.

Ninja'd

3 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

That's a bit of a problem.  Warmack's lack of athleticism has been a problem in the NFL.

meh, a LT that can't pull isn't a big deal as it is for a G.  Fournette could be lendale white with nowhere to go

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

Leonard Fournette would make a great addition to the Jets.

Disagree.

Drafting a RB before building the OL is the wrong order for two reasons;

Unless your name is Barry, you need some daylight and a QB that defenses respect.  See Todd Gurley.

The 2nd reason is the RB position has to be approached conservatively from a financial perspective.   Draft Fournette now, and he isn't fully useful in a rebuild until he is close to the big bucks of his 2nd contract.  Build the OL first, then draft the blue-chip RB... and get better production and more bang for your buck on a rookie contract.

Makes sense, right?

Just now, RoadFan said:

Disagree.

Unless your name is Barry, you need some daylight and a QB that defenses respect.  See Todd Gurley.

The 2nd reason is the RB position has to be approached conservatively from a financial perspective.   Draft Fournette now, and he isn't fully useful in a rebuild until he is close to the big bucks of his 2nd contract.  Build the OL first, then draft the blue-chip RB... and get better production and more bang for your buck on a rookie contract.

Makes sense, right?

Carpenter and Winters are a good duo.  And Powell has been able to run behind this line.  What do you think Fournette would do?

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Disagree.

Makes sense, right?

Does make sense, but Fornette is not gonna be around next year.  Draft the best available player and do the best you can on building the line.

6 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Carpenter and Winters are a good duo.  And Powell has been able to run behind this line.  What do you think Fournette would do?

The Jets tackles are lousy.  You're missing the point anyway.

This team is NOT going to compete for 3 to 4 years. The same concept applies. 

Why use a high investment on a RB a the start of a rebuild?  To put hard miles on him while the team sucks? And then you have to pay him... after 1000 touches?  Or the volatile nature of the RB position produces a severe injury?

Archived