Bill O'Brien to be fired per Glazer

Matt39

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he gets fired we have GOT to fire Bowles & reunite Obrien with Hackenberg! Dream come true for us Jet fans! I would totally jump on board a Bill Obrien NY Jet rebuild. Give him a 5 year contract & have some patience. We need continuity with a no nonsense guy that's not dealing with turd veterans with bloated contracts.

It would be the surprise of my life if Bowles turns into a viable, valuable, or even adequate head coach.

Considering all the slugs, mopes, and underachievers on this roster - would I roll the dice with OB and Hack as a chance for anything worth following for the next half decade?

Hell ya 

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

story from a game this year.  bowles needed to be doing this every time the defense got burned for a td or long yardage.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000730294/article/bill-obrien-goes-nuts-on-houston-texans-coaches

Except they would have had to transplant new vocal chords into his throat as that would have been 3 digits worth of tirade this season.

But I agree with you 100%.

So, the OC / Off-HC market is highlighted by the following:

• Bill Obrien
  • Greg Roman
  • Norval Turner
  • Chip Kelly
  • Sean Payton (technically available via trade)

And will also see other names added, as staffs are broken up... 

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Out in Houston after they lose their opening round game

Glazer said could be:

Surprise opening could be Texans, if they lose early in playoffs I can see O'Brien/team agreeing to part ways -- good candidate on market

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, the OC / Off-HC market is highlighted by the following:

• Bill Obrien
  • Greg Roman
  • Norval Turner
  • Chip Kelly
  • Sean Payton (technically available via trade)

And will also see other names added, as staffs are broken up... 

Sure seems like as good a time as ever to fire Bowles and get someone good.

He'd be an ideal hire. He went to Penn State when they were a trainwreck and he managed to keep things together and outperform everyone's expectations and is the reason the team is as good as they are today. He also finds a way to win games when they team lacks a QB. 

If the jets don't try to hire him and fire bowles they are a joke. 

11 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Glazer said could be:

Surprise opening could be Texans, if they lose early in playoffs I can see O'Brien/team agreeing to part ways -- good candidate on market

The way he said it on Fox earlier was basically its a foregone conclusion.

Any Jet fan that would not take Bill Obrien over Todd Bowles tells me all I need to know about the Jet fans, they're no smarter than Woody Johnson. Who knows if he comes available but just like upgrading players, if you can upgrade your coaching staff you do.

31 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Out in Houston after they lose their opening round game

You musta played one heck of a game of telephone this morning for a tweet that states "I can see O'Brien/team agreeing to part ways " to be morphed into "O'Brien to be fired" by the time you decided to post that silly misleading title.

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Also, it's ****ed up that he was allegedly forced to take Osweiler and has to pay the price for it.

Was he, though?  I remember him doing an interview in the off-season where he broke down a handful of throws Osweiller made with the Broncos that he said were were so impressive, that he was fine with the team bringing him in without so much as a face to face sit down before hand.

If the guy has a rep as a QB guru, and that's why you brought him in, why would ownership force him to take a guy he didn't like?

I don't see the Texans firing O'Brien. They won their division again this year, with QB play that's almost as bad as ours and while losing his best player for most of the year. One injured player would normally not be a big deal, unless that player is JJ Watt. If he did part ways, go after him hard.

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Any Jet fan that would not take Bill Obrien over Todd Bowles tells me all I need to know about the Jet fans, they're no smarter than Woody Johnson. Who knows if he comes available but just like upgrading players, if you can upgrade your coaching staff you do.

If the Jets had an opening, and those were the choices, one could see making this decision, but the Jets don't appear to have an opening for HC .

6 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

You musta played one heck of a game of telephone this morning for a tweet that states "I can see O'Brien/team agreeing to part ways " to be morphed into "O'Brien to be fired" by the time you decided to post that silly misleading title.

Glazer was quoted on fox saying he was getting fired. Tweet reads differently

Archived