Ryan Fitzpatrick Dedication Thread

Mike135

I will have a special place in my heart for Fitz for slaying the Geno and perhaps making sure he never plays another down for us (fingers crossed the Jets don't make the Jetiest move possible and resign that dummy).  Reminded me of when we got Favre and it finally spelled the end of the dark noodle arm period for us.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You can't blame one player for a terrible season if anyone Bowels and Maccagnan are way more responsible for this season.

Fitz is to blame for his terrible QB play.  No one and nothing else.  Bowles and Mac are to blame for putting faith in a backup QB and  starting him over Geno. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Remember that both Bowles and Maccagnan desperately wanted Fitz and let Fitz play them for six months during a holdout wherein every other team in the league passed on signing him. So when you're upset about Fitzpatrick, realize that Bowles and Maccagnan are the real culprits in your pain and humiliation.

The sad thing is, many fans agreed at the time. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Remember that both Bowles and Maccagnan desperately wanted Fitz and let Fitz play them for six months during a holdout wherein every other team in the league passed on signing him. So when you're upset about Fitzpatrick, realize that Bowles and Maccagnan are the real culprits in your pain and humiliation.

I'm very aware of this.  Fitz is a HUGE knock against Macc and Bowles moving forward.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

Find me the Harvard alum on here and I will hit my ATM right now for $100.00 cash.

You didn't specify this message board, you just said, "Enjoy your Harvard degree in retirement, something no one sitting on a message board typing in their sweatpants can claim". I guarantee Harvard Sports teams have message boards, and I guarantee that on occasion, one of the many alumni do indeed type while wearing sweatpants. 

if you're going to be pedantic, you need to be specific.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Absolute worst poster on this site, and that is saying a lot

And you can't make a post without mentioning Bowles. It's in your username. Fitz, btw, has been our worst case scenario both years. 

• Upvote 2

Fitz:  Just in case we don't get a chance to talk, want you to know that I think you are a disaster at QB.  I will, however, laud you on your innate ability to force the ball and have it picked off often, as well as your skill in not making a single playoff game in your 12 year career.  No small feat, sir.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

He is an awful, awful poster. He completely leaves out how he called Geno great, and yet gives himself a reach around for being "right", but I see why you like him so much, lol

Well YOU certainly don't leave it out. This is nonsense. You have every opportunity to never open up his threads or even read his quotes because this site has a "block" feature.

You enjoy it. You could have completely ignored this thread, but your intention is to hijack it because you don't like his message. If he didn't make the thread I would have most likely made it. **** Ryan Fitztragic. And I will be saying that way past 2047. 

If you really think he's a bad poster than block him and stop your whining over something you can easily avoid.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

We'll YOU certainly don't leave it out. This is nonsense. You have every opportunity to never open up his threads or even read his quotes because this site has a "block" feature.

You enjoy it. You could have completely ignored this thread, but your intention is to hijack it because you don't like his message. If he didn't make the thread I would have most likely made it. **** Ryan Fitztragic. And I will be saying that way past 2047. 

If you really think he's a bad poster than block him and stop your whining over something you can easily avoid.

I have him blocked, but thanks. And no, it's not easily avoidable because he is quoted by people all the time. But thanks, really appreciate your help

• Thumb Down 1

I appreciate Fitz's effort, he (IMO) never gave up, always played hard, was mature, mentored our young QB's well, was team-first and gave it his all.

He had one very good season here.  

He had one horrible season here.

He was still the best choice, and no amount of revisionist history and fantasizing will (IMO) make Geno, Petty or Hack the "better" choice going into 2016.

It didn't work out, it happens.   Sucks, I hate it, and I bet Fitz hates it too.  But it happens, and it happened.

He will not be back.  Rightfully so.  He had his opportunity, he didn't take it.

If this is the end of his career, I wish him well, he turned a low-talent low-upside life into a 11+ year NFL career.  Good for him.

Our Jets will (must) now move on, leave aside the detritus of failure at the QB position, and try to forge a new path to success.  Fitz has no part to play in that.

It's time to move on, and see what new blood the 2017 season will bring us at QB.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We'll YOU certainly don't leave it out. This is nonsense. You have every opportunity to never open up his threads or even read his quotes because this site has a "block" feature.

For all the times you could have heeded your own advice the past 2 years. LOL

• Upvote 1