Bowles and Macc Officially Back Next Season

CrazyCarl40

I think it was Glauber in Newsday who made a great point. When FA opens up this off season, the Jets are going to have money to spend. But they have to be going after guys who would be signing their second contracts like the Giants did with Janoris Jenkins and Damon Harrison. Not guys who would be signing their 4th or 5th NFL contracts like they did when Maac and Bowles first took over.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sitting here in shock.  No joke. Who do you justify bringing Bowles back?  Man, we never cease to find new ways of being a friggin' clown act. Great another year of no playoffs and we dump Bowles and Mcc  after next season.  Same idiocy we pulled with Rex.  This franchise is now officially a quagmire filled with dog sh!t.

Were you in favor of firing after last year?

He was bad this year. He may be a bad coach. But there are good coaches who have had bad seasons. NOT comparing to anyone , but ask the Eagles how they feel about firing Reid after 4-12

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Mecca said:

This isn't true. 

It goes by strength of schedule. Jets would've moved up with any team in front of them losing as well as the Jets losing. How is this so hard to understand?

Jax lost finish 3-13 even jets lost be 4-12 no good

chicago lost finish 3-13 can't catch them

IF la wins then finish 5-11 so if jets had lost  would have moved up one spot. But if both jets and rams lost both teams finish 4-12 la picks ahead due to SOS. Understand? 

8 minutes ago, Mecca said:

This isn't true. 

It goes by strength of schedule. Jets would've moved up with any team in front of them losing as well as the Jets losing. How is this so hard to understand?

It's true, as reported all week.

Woody Johnson doesn't like to fire people. May be they'll throw Chan Gailey a retirement party and give him some nice parting gifts. But this organization is so effed up a 5 win season doesn't cause major changes to take place. If the Steelers, Giants, Pats, Ravens et al had a season like this, heads would roll and ownership would demand serious changes. Here, happytalk nonsense all around, no biggie.

This is failure. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Hey good news the administration that just burned a two and a four and $12 million dollars on Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to go pick up another free agent quarterback.

What are you talking about? A two and a 4?

If you want to argue something, all the Jets wasted was time. And time is eternal, at least in a existential sense. There will always be another season

2 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Were you in favor of firing after last year?

He was bad this year. He may be a bad coach. But there are good coaches who have had bad seasons. NOT comparing to anyone , but ask the Eagles how they feel about firing Reid after 4-12

That's just it; I don't think Bowles is a good HC.  He's made a bunch of boneheaded decisions.  Plus, no matter how anyone tries to downplay it, this team looked unprepared multiple games.  Guy might be a good DC.  But as a HC?  He's a disaster.  Our record shows it as does how the team went missing for weeks at a time.  

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Woody Johnson doesn't like to fire people. May be they'll throw Chan Gailey a retirement party and give him some nice parting gifts. But this organization is so effed up a 5 win season doesn't cause major changes to take place. If the Steelers, Giants, Pats, Ravens et al had a season like this, heads would roll and ownership would demand serious changes. Here, happytalk nonsense all around, no biggie.

This is failure. 

The Giants  had 2 seasons like this in a row before they fired Coughlin.

Hey good news the administration that just burned a two and a four on quarterbacks that they deemed inviable and $12 million dollars on Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to go pick up another free agent quarterback.

Two terrible picks. $12 million means almost nothing. Staring Qbs are going to cost some money . So they lost a few million. Now bring in Glennon , who has done well on bad teams, and no bad history like Fitz

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

That's just it; I don't think Bowles is a good HC.  He's made a bunch of boneheaded decisions.  Plus, no matter how anyone tries to downplay it, this team looked unprepared multiple games.  Guy might be a good DC.  But as a HC?  He's a disaster.  Our record shows it as does how the team went missing for weeks at a time.  

Honest question. Do you think the worst head coach ever wins 10 games last year?

I mean soft schedules only go so far

You could be correct, but did you want him gone last year?

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What are you talking about? A two and a 4?

If you want to argue something, all the Jets wasted was time. And time is eternal, at least in a existential sense. There will always be another season

All things wither and perish, passing from this vale of tears into the infinite, so actually Hackenberg was a good pick

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Honest question. Do you think the worst head coach ever wins 10 games last year?

I mean soft schedules only go so far

Never said he was the "worst ever".  I will say that he is one of many awful HCs the Jets have hired over the decades.  

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Then you have an agenda. Because how can you say he is better than Holtz and Kotite? Realistically

how can you say Holtz was worse? were you even alive back then?

Kotite teams had no talent and bad coaching but always play hard , players never quit like they did for Bowles

1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

how can you say Holtz was worse? were you even alive back then?

Kotite teams had no talent and bad coaching but always play hard , players never quit like they did for Bowles

First hand accounts. Buttle calling it the Lou Holtz "error" seems to be a pretty good indicator. The fact that he quit before the season ended is not good either.

As for Kotite, how can you tell if they played hard? Winning 1 game in 16 doesn't really suggest it.

And at the end of the day, coaches are not judged by effort, they are judged by results and record.

And Bowles has a WAY better record than Kotite. 

Archived