Bowles and Macc Officially Back Next Season

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RoadFan said:

This team doesn't know WTF they're doing.

In most areas, that is very true.  But in losing or its owner making stunningly idiotic decisions?  We are top flight.  Woody Johnson is the same dunce who insisted on keeping Rex three years longer than when he should have dismissed him.  Now, the bespectacled sap is going to hold onto Bowles and Mcc after these two talent-challenged dopes pulled a 5-11 season after everyone and their mother had us competing for the AFC title with NE.  Nice going, Woody.  Now go back to counting your money.

Just now, munchmemory said:

In most areas, that is very true.  But in losing or its owner making stunningly idiotic decisions?  We are top flight.  Woody Johnson is the same dunce who insisted on keeping Rex three years longer than when he should have dismissed him.  Now, the bespectacled sap is going to hold onto Bowles and Mcc after these two talent-challenged dopes pulled a 5-11 season after everyone and their mother had us competing for the AFC title with NE.  Nice going, Woody.  Now go back to counting your money.

And therein lies the problem. Expectations in sports are evil. They are why Rex Ryan was fired after 2 years in Buffalo, even though some believed he should get a 3rd year.

There is too much luck involved for their to be great expectations in sports

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Wish I knew that everyone and their mother had us competing for the AFC this pre-season. I would have at least had a glimmer of hope then. Who were these prognosticators?

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

And therein lies the problem. Expectations in sports are evil. They are why Rex Ryan was fired after 2 years in Buffalo, even though some believed he should get a 3rd year.

Rex got fired because the Bills sucked.  Period.  A team with all that talent missed the playoffs the last two years after Rex promised their ownership that he'd win them a Supere Bowl.  Sound familiar?

Just now, munchmemory said:

Rex got fired because the Bills sucked.  Period.  A team with all that talent missed the playoffs the last two years after Rex promised their ownership that he'd win them a Supere Bowl.  Sound familiar?

Yes but there are some even on here who think he got jobbed. Because of injuries and so forth.

Plus, Rex brings the expectations on himself by making those dumb statements.

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Wish I knew that everyone and their mother had us competing for the AFC this pre-season. I would have at least had a glimmer of hope then. Who were these prognosticators?

You don't recall the TV talking heads, and other media outlets, saying that our front seven was going to make opponents' game plans impossible? Where exactly did these morons disappear to this season?  HC shares in that failure, especially when he choked the playoffs the previous year.

You don't recall the TV talking heads, and other media outlets, saying that our front seven was going to make opponents' game plans impossible? Where exactly did these morons disappear to this season?  HC shares in that failure, especially when he choked the playoffs the previous year.

I honestly don't remember that. Show me 5 known prognosticators that had the Jets going to the AFC Championship game. I just don't recall it.

I hate to say it but the problem were the corners.  

Rex once said in today's NFL if the QB is poor and the corners are poor you can not win and he was right!!!

Fuk it.  I have had enough angst for one day.  And on New Year's Day for fuk's sake.  LOL  

I will just say that I think Woody has made a huge mistake keeping Bowles.  I truly believe he is out of his depth as a HC and leader of this team.  I could have lived with Mcc being kept and allowing him to hire our next HC.  Now, we go into 2017 with a HC who I believe is a fool.

Anyway, Happy & Healthy 2017 to all of you.  I need a drink.

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I honestly don't remember that. Show me 5 known prognosticators that had the Jets going to the AFC Championship game. I just don't recall it.

Think I mis-typed.  Meant to say competing with NE for AFC East, not the Conference.  Sorry about that.

I agree with the decision to keep them, but if we miss the playoffs next year, I will personally drive  from Alabama to Florham Park, load all their stuff into a U-Haul, take it all out to some desolate area on a lonely backroad, douse it with gas, and light all that sh*t on fire 

2 minutes ago, Jets_Win said:

I can't believe the nonsense of ask Eagles fans how they feel about firing Andy Reid and Tom Coughlin got two 4-12 seasons. They were winners. Bowles can't beat a team and HC with a winning record.

Coughlin was coming off of two disappointing season prior to the last two years

Just now, Larz said:

And with next year's easier schedule, 8-8 here we come! Then Bowles gets extended and we don't get good football until 2020

It would depend on how they get there. If they have a good QB, then why not.

Plus I dont think next year's schedule is that easy. We play the NFC South next year

56 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Agreed. You can't pull the plug on a regime 2 years in. Especially when they won 10 games in year 1 soft schedule or not. Both deserve to be back.

Firing people is just a band aid that makes disgruntled fans feel some sense of hope heading into a long off season. Regardless of whether or not the next guy hired is any good.

Bowles and Maac both deserve it least one more year to try and turn things around. They were able to see the problems with this team this season. Now you have to let them try and fix it.

Do not agree with a word of that

If they get rid of Gailey, it won't matter. The top choices for OC won't be coming since Bowles is on the hot seat and likely fired after next season. When you combine that with no QB, they're likely to replace Gailey with someone worse from outside or someone worse by promoting from within..

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

If they get rid of Gailey, it won't matter. The top choices for OC won't be coming since Bowles is on the hot seat and likely fired after next season. When you combine that with no QB, they're likely to replace Gailey with someone worse from outside or someone worse by promoting from within..

With a pathway to a new head coaching job? I would think that would actually entice OC's to come here.

With a pathway to a new head coaching job? I would think that would actually entice OC's to come here.

Please list the times that that a coordinator takes over for a HC on a permanent basis and has any kind of success compared to not...the ratio isn't favorable..

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Please list the times that that a coordinator takes over for a HC on a permanent basis and has any kind of success compared to not...the ratio isn't favorable..

Whether it has had success or not is immaterial. If an OC believes he can be a HC, there is a pathway they can find if Bowles is gone next year. Playing with their ego

Whether it has had success or not is immaterial. If an OC believes he can be a HC, there is a pathway they can find if Bowles is gone next year. Playing with their ego

Could you just once..backup some of the ridiculous stuff you say...

No OC looks for a bad team with a coach likely to be fired and no QB meaning they get 1 year to find a QB and turn them into a starter because they may get to be interim head coach..

I am not happy about the job Bowles did this year. That being said, he and Mac needed to come back. Next year if the team doesn't show progress, they should be gone. But it made little sense to fire them this season.

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

Could you just once..backup some of the ridiculous stuff you say...

No OC looks for a bad team with a coach likely to be fired and no QB meaning they get 1 year to find a QB and turn them into a starter because they may get to be interim head coach..

No QB right now. I do believe the Jets will have a QB next year (Taylor, Glennon?).  

As for backing it up, it's human psychology. Take Chip Kelly for example. Traded a lot of Eagles players to bring his own players in because he thought he could coach them up. Now it didn't work, but the fact that he thought it could is enough

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That is what the good NFL franchises do. Bad NFL franchises cave into the fans and media and press the button

Has nothing to do with caving. This is a completely IDIOTIC move by the Jets and good NFL franchises would fire them. Bowles is NOT THEY GUY,. He has not strength you could point to as a reason to keep him. Now the Jets, badly badly badly needing needing a complete overhaul retain essentially lame duck HC and GM that have a personal conflict of interest with build long term. So they will sign a veteran QB, and and a bunch of third contract FAs to try and get a 10-6 or 9-7 season that saves their job. Won't happen and not only will we fire them next year, but the contracts they sign us this year will set us an additional few years back in actually fixing the franchise. Another bull****ing crap half neasure move by our loser owner.

Archived