Bowles and Macc Officially Back Next Season

CrazyCarl40

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think Idzik's demeanor in that presser did him in, so in that case, there were off the field circumstances. That being said, it was not fair to fire him after two years. And I think there are some who believe that

No, it was completely fair. He was the Isiah Thomas of football GM's and is the real reason we're in such a bad position now.

2 Drafts

Round 1: Pryor, Milliner, Sheldon

Round 2: Geno, Amaro

Round 3: Dexter McDougle, Brian Winters

Round 4: Shaq Evans, Jalen Saunders

Round 5: Oday Oboushi

2 NFL Starters, half this list is out of the league.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Look at the organizations that are firing head coaches after 1-2 years. Niners, Browns, Bills. Where are they now? In hell

That's because they hire the wrong guys. Better owners make better hiring decisions. This is too complicated for you?

Pettine, Chip, Rex... you hire sh*t, you fire sh*t

Just now, Mecca said:

No, it was completely fair. He was the Isiah Thomas of football GM's and is the real reason we're in such a bad position now.

2 Drafts

Round 1: Pryor, Milliner, Sheldon

Round 2: Geno, Amaro

Round 3: Dexter McDougle, Brian Winters

Round 4: Shaq Evans, Jalen Saunders

Round 5: Oday Oboushi

2 NFL Starters, half this list is out of the league.

And despite all that, I've heard people that were uneasy with firing Idzik after 2 years.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Because they can only get at the wrong guys because the good guys don't want to go there. 

The good guys don't go to bad teams because the talent/city sucks, not because the team fires people quickly. Quinn went to the Falcons because they had Matt Ryan, not because the Jets fired Idzik in 2 seasons. wow.

Just now, Mecca said:

The good guys don't go to bad teams because the talent/city sucks, not because the team fires people quickly. Quinn went to the Falcons because they had Matt Ryan, not because the Jets fired Idzik in 2 seasons. wow.

That's a factor too. Quinn didn't come here because the Jets did not want to be left out in the cold after Quinn finished with Seattle and they hired Bowles first. Quinn went to the Falcons because that was left.

That's a factor too. Quinn didn't come here because the Jets did not want to be left out in the cold after Quinn finished with Seattle and they hired Bowles first

Quinn was never coming here. One team had Geno Smith as their QB, the other had Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. talent rules all.

2 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Quinn was never coming here. One team had Geno Smith as their QB, the other had Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. talent rules all.

Talent is a factor, it does not rule all. It is a combination of talent, job security/pressure, city etc.

The example of that is Parcells coming here.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Talent is a factor, it does not rule all. It is a combination of talent, job security/pressure, city etc.

The example of that is Parcells coming here.

The best coaches go to the most attractive destinations. The best destinations have the best talent/ownership. This isn't a difficult theory to grasp.

the simple fact is idzik, for all of his failings had roughly the same plan as mac.  he wanted to clear out the dead wood and replace them with drafted players.  idzik had two failings.  the first was he couldn't evaluate the players.  the second was that he created a toxic atmosphere with rex.  woody probably could've tolerated the bad drafts.  he could not tolerate the toxic atmosphere.  no doubt rex had a hand in how idzik was perceived.

Just now, rangerous said:

the simple fact is idzik, for all of his failings had roughly the same plan as mac.  he wanted to clear out the dead wood and replace them with drafted players.  idzik had two failings.  the first was he couldn't evaluate the players.  the second was that he created a toxic atmosphere with rex.  woody probably could've tolerated the bad drafts.  he could not tolerate the toxic atmosphere.  no doubt rex had a hand in how idzik was perceived.

Those drafts weren't just bad. They were putrid. Some of the worst drafting of the 21st century. 

Just now, Mecca said:

The best coaches go to the most attractive destinations. The best destinations have the best talent/ownership. This isn't a difficult theory to grasp.

what isn't attractive about the jets?  a coach can basically do no wrong here, at least for the first 2 or 3 seasons.

Oh yes I'm sure the 1-15 Jets had plenty of talent to attract people

Circumstances change if you give a coach more power. They let Parcells essentially be the GM with us.

Just now, Mecca said:

Circumstances change if you give a coach more power. They let Parcells essentially be the GM with us.

Exactly. I don't see Woody doing that. That means there is a negative for a good coach coming here. 

Having a quick trigger finger is another negative factor. Whether it be GM or HC.

Exactly. I don't see Woody doing that. That means there is a negative to a good coach coming here. 

So it's better to just keep the terrible coach we already have?

Just now, Mecca said:

So it's better to just keep the terrible coach we already have?

Unless they could have gotten a guy like Harbaugh, McCarthy, or another to come here, yes for one more season. Then dump Bowles and or Macc after next year and have a new front office with a great QB draft and a probably high draft pick

BTW, you used Idzik as an example, GMs and HCs are usually on different time scales.

21 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Unless they could have gotten a guy like Harbaugh, McCarthy, or another to come here, yes for one more season. Then dump Bowles and or Macc after next year and have a new front office with a great QB draft and a probably high draft pick

BTW, you used Idzik as an example, GMs and HCs are usually on different time scales.

McCarthy isn't good. Don't be fooled by his ring. 

O'Brien would be the best candidate on the market in a few years and he may be out in a week. McDaniels/Shanny/Patricia/Schwartz are the best coordinators in the game. This is the last year that they're going to be on the market.

And GM's are normally given longer leashes than HC's. That's how bad Idzik was.

Just now, Mecca said:

McCarthy isn't good. Don't be fooled by his ring. 

O'Brien would be the best candidate on the market in a few years and he may be out in a week. McDaniels/Shanny/Patricia/Schwartz are the best coordinators in the game. This is the last year that they're going to be on the market.

McDaniels and Patricia aren't coming here. Loyalty to Belichick

I dont think Schwartz would handle New York well. He got a little loose in Detroit.

Shanny is interesting.

McDaniels and Patricia aren't coming here. Loyalty to Belichick

I dont think Schwartz would handle New York well. He got a little loose in Detroit.

Shanny is interesting.

You can't make that assumption. Mangini left Bellicheck with the same 'loyalty.'

Schwartz is the fiery leader that we need. 

Shanny is the best OC on the market and will be a hot hire.

I don't care about all this 'perception' crap...while most HC's get more than 2 yrs to state their case, to me that goes out the window after watching this Jets team this year which FAILED on EVERY level and included the HC losing the locker room weeks before the season mercifully ended.  If you know the guy isn't 'the one', then can his butt and find a better candidate.

Is it worse to fire someone after two years or to give some poor HC another season just to save 'face'?

When every coordinator on your team deserves to be canned, that is a reflection of the HC IMO....he brought them all in here to begin with and his choices for replacements going forward are going to be worse next time around since everyone knows that in all likelihood Bowles will be fired next season.

Do something right for a change.

The Giants  had 2 seasons like this in a row before they fired Coughlin.

Who won them two super bowls. Bowles should be gone, but if the goal is to tank next year, let bowles stay and be the fall guy

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Mecca said:

Those drafts weren't just bad. They were putrid. Some of the worst drafting of the 21st century. 

I debunked this myth I compared our 2013 and 2014 drafts to other teams around the league and our drafts weren't any better or worse than most teams. 

11 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

What really rubs salt in the wound is the other HC candidate we were interested in has the Falcons as the #2 seed in the NFC.

And we/everybody were all laughing at him/them after year one. Nobody, here, there or anywhere knows sh*t. It goes from year to year. 

I'll say this one thing in Bowles's defense. One team had/has Matt Ryan and another had/has Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

11 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

When every coordinator on your team deserves to be canned, that is a reflection of the HC IMO....he brought them all in here to begin with and his choices for replacements going forward are going to be worse next time around since everyone knows that in all likelihood Bowles will be fired next season.

Do something right for a change.

Just scrolled across the bottom on NFL net that the OC is on his way out.

you dont make change to make change but you do make change when what you have is not working-the jets gm is bad , their coach is bad and their players are bad-it is sad watching some say the gm is doing well, then others say the coaching is  not good but the players are good then you watch the player suck

what cant be disputed is the team is heading in the wrong direction, the players quit on the coach, the coach was terrible at coaching and did not hold his players accountable(very rex like but rex got his d to play)

the jets will always be losers as losing starts with ownership

The team is going to be terrible with no hope in sight-we have no plan and we NO STARTING QB either

If I could get my money back on my psls I would be done-Woody if you are reading this feel free to write me a check for my psls as you did not fulfill  your promise of putting a quality product out there for and their is no hope for the future

Archived