BILALL Powell

Jets Daily Dosage.

just wait a sec.  powell certainly finished very strong and he does have all of the skills.  but sometimes people think that the jets were somehow overlooking his abilities.  maybe somewhat true but at the same time powell has gotten much faster since his rookie year and he still gets nicked up.  i'm not saying that powell shouldn't get his due or even consideration to be the feature back but his ability wasn't always apparent.  he's been improving each season.

He had a shot at starting before and was unimpressive. I don't think he is a bad player but I don't think he is a stud despite a few good games. The biggest problem is that he is probably going to be looking to get paid like an rb1 and our money might be better spent in other places. In my opinion we would be better off spending the money attempting to fix our oline or secondary before the draft

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Just now, bealeb319 said:

He had a shot at starting before and was unimpressive. I don't think he is a bad player but I don't think he is a stud despite a few good games. The biggest problem is that he is probably going to be looking to get paid like an rb1 and our money might be better spent in other places. In my opinion we would be better off spending the money attempting to fix our oline or secondary before the draft

You'd be unimpressive too if your QB was the worst in the league and defenses were stacking the box. Also, he's already under contract for the next two seasons I believe and it's reasonable money. 

You'd be unimpressive too if your QB was the worst in the league and defenses were stacking the box. Also, he's already under contract for the next two seasons I believe and it's reasonable money. 

I thought we signed him to a one year extension last season. I have been wrong before.

Definitely looked great the last few games the way he has been running, "violent wreckless abandonment" which is exciting, but he will not last a whole season running like that and has been banged up in the past. Definitely Beasty running.

13 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Most Jetsy move:

Bring back Powell as feature back. 

Bring back Chan Gaily as OC

Gaily calls for Powell to run 30 times a game first 8 games.

Powell spends rest of the year on IR

yeah this. you dont want powell as your main back...just dont. he is not an every down stud and he will prob get hurt with the workload.

you could argue we have bigger needs then RB, but then again look at a guy like AP carry a vikings team for years with no QB. if you can get a stud, you go get him at any position.

Archived