Hack ripped by anonymous Jets coach

AFJF

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, joewilly12 said:

The GM gave Bowles a bunch of crap to play the position the bearded guy is the worse starting QB in the NFL yet none of our backups could beat him out. Yikes!!!!!!!

Fitz was the worst starting qb in the entire NFL by far this season and Petty and Hack were so bad in practices Bowles stuck with Fitz

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

If as a qb your mechanics need to be overhauled at the NFL level it's a problem.  That's like saying hey we drafted a CB who runs a 5.5 40 but if we work with him in the gym a couple years he might get to a  5.0 40.

I don't agree that developing intellectual performance is the same as developing physical performance. 

Even if the comparison made sense, it's worth recalling that Hack was drafted with the intent of sitting him for a year. If the team did nothing during the year to develop him then blame lies with the coaching staff. It doesn't seem like they did much to work on either Hack or Petty in their sitting years.

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It is nothing like saying that.

And mechanics can be overhauled at the NFL even. It is what they do. Was watching the Eagles-Cowboys telecast yesterday and John Lynch was talking about Carson Wentz, and how he sees mechanical flaws in his current game, and will use the off season to correct those. He then went on to talk about Rogers being drafted by GB, and how they noticed that his hands, as he set up, were too high (they showed Lynch grasping the football at shoulder height in set-up), and they taught Rogers to set up loser, so that he would be less stiff.

Just an example. Posters who give broad brushes of evaluation and what can and can't happen in the NFL, are doing lazy commentary. Just calling a spade a spade.

Wohhhh! Slow down all all those facts mumbo jumbo! We don't want facts getting in the way of agendas!

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It is nothing like saying that.

And mechanics can be overhauled at the NFL even. It is what they do. Was watching the Eagles-Cowboys telecast yesterday and John Lynch was talking about Carson Wentz, and how he sees mechanical flaws in his current game, and will use the off season to correct those. He then went on to talk about Rogers being drafted by GB, and how they noticed that his hands, as he set up, were too high (they showed Lynch grasping the football at shoulder height in set-up), and they taught Rogers to set up loser, so that he would be less stiff.

Just an example. Posters who give broad brushes of evaluation and what can and can't happen in the NFL, are doing lazy commentary. Just calling a spade a spade.

And you think Hack's accuracy issues are because he's holding his hands too low? And no one has fixed this in the past four years?

7 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I don't agree that developing intellectual performance is the same as developing physical performance. 

Even if the comparison made sense, it's worth recalling that Hack was drafted with the intent of sitting him for a year. If the team did nothing during the year to develop him then blame lies with the coaching staff. It doesn't seem like they did much to work on either Hack or Petty in their sitting years.

Hack's mechanics are beyond unfixable.  He loves to throw off the back foot and makes Geno Smith look accurate.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And you think Hack's accuracy issues are because he's holding his hands too low? And no one has fixed this in the past four years?

Three different coaching staffs were unable so far to fix Hack's mechanics.

And btw, that's not even his biggest issue.  Hack's biggest problem is the same as Petty's, Fitz's, Geno's and every other scrub qb - HE CAN'T READ DEFENSES

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No, not at all. One thing that I know is Hack's problem is his set up on his feet. So noticeable. He also threw all upper half, at times.

23 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Guess my point is the same that virtually every person reacting to Mcc's head scratcher has:  Why the rush to go after Hack when even his former college coach (O'Brien) passed on him?  When his college numbers fell off the cliff after his freshman year?  When the Jets already have a "project" in Petty?

Look, you believe Mcc made a solid decision in picking Hack in the second round when our team is devoid of so many other positions.  Fine.  I don't.  Like so many Jet QB picks over the years, I think it was boneheaded.  Again, I think proven by the fact that the team was absolutely frozen with fear at the thought of actually dressing the kid.

so now it's just because O'Brien didn't take him...nevermind the fact that O'brien said they had a high grade on him..They had a QB and needed a Center..

You're basing your thought on no other QB being taken between 51 & 91...What if 2,3,4 other teams had a 2nd/3rd grade on Hack and he wasn't there come pick #83...And its been posted MANY TIMES what happened after his freshman year.  You can't just look at the numbers. 

frozen..jc mccagnan said draft day they would take their time..for ONCE the Jets actually want to try and develop a QB..People may not agree w/how they are but at least they aren't throwing him in the water and say sink or swim like Sanchez & Geno...Yeah that turned out so well. 

this is so freakin nauseating...give him & jets time..that's all some are saying..again, its not Hack, mccagnan & bowles fault the jets haven't been able to find a QB for 30+ yrs..

30 minutes ago, thadude said:

If as a qb your mechanics need to be overhauled at the NFL level it's a problem.  That's like saying hey we drafted a CB who runs a 5.5 40 but if we work with him in the gym a couple years he might get to a  5.0 40.

you mean like Aaron Rodgers?

Just now, C Mart said:

so now it's just because O'Brien didn't take him...nevermind the fact that O'brien said they had a high grade on him..They had a QB and needed a Center..

You're basing your thought on no other QB being taken between 51 & 91...What if 2,3,4 other teams had a 2nd/3rd grade on Hack and he wasn't there come pick #83...And its been posted MANY TIMES what happened after his freshman year.  You can't just look at the numbers. 

frozen..jc mccagnan said draft day they would take their time..for ONCE the Jets actually want to try and develop a QB..People may not agree w/how they are but at least they aren't throwing him in the water and say sink or swim like Sanchez & Geno...Yeah that turned out so well. 

this is so freakin nauseating...give him & jets time..that's all some are saying..again, its not Hack, mccagnan & bowles fault the jets haven't been able to find a QB for 30+ yrs..

Good luck to you man.  I will stand by my words.  I believe the Hack pick in the second round was a huge mistake.  You believe in Mcc?  God bless ya.

11 minutes ago, thadude said:

Three different coaching staffs were unable so far to fix Hack's mechanics.

And btw, that's not even his biggest issue.  Hack's biggest problem is the same as Petty's, Fitz's, Geno's and every other scrub qb - HE CAN'T READ DEFENSES

Which is a very strange comment, because Bill O'Brien allowed him to make calls at the line and change plays as a freshman. 

Maybe he was just allowing him to guess at the defenses he was seeing.

28 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

the biggest thing against Hack seems to be that he was drafted in the second round. something he had no control over and something that was probably dictated by the jets and other teams draft boards. really kind of unfair to the kid...then again everyone on this board will be licking his balls if he actually becomes an NFL QB.

yep..what if Jets passed on him in the 2nd and some other team took him, say Pats, before the Jets picked again in the 3rd. He sits 1,2,3 years behind Brady and then takes over and becomes their QB for the next 10-12 yrs. Can you imagine this place.  All those bitching about the pick today would be crying "typical Jets could have taken him but they wanted to take a freakin RB or S...jets never think long-term" 

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Which is a very strange comment, because Bill O'Brien allowed him to make calls at the line and change plays as a freshman. 

Maybe he was just allowing him to guess at the defenses he was seeing.

Big difference playing against UMASS and Rutgers than an NFL defense.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

yep..what if Jets passed on him in the 2nd and some other team took him, say Pats, before the Jets picked again in the 3rd. He sits 1,2,3 years behind Brady and then takes over and becomes their QB for the next 10-12 yrs. Can you imagine this place.  All those bitching about the pick today would be crying "typical Jets could have taken him but they wanted to take a freakin RB or S...jets never think long-term" 

If the Pats picked Hack he'd end up in the same place Cassell and Mallet did, sucking

9 minutes ago, C Mart said:

O'Brien must have laughed his ass off when Mac drafted Hack in round 2

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Good luck to you man.  I will stand by my words.  I believe the Hack pick in the second round was a huge mistake.  You believe in Mcc?  God bless ya.

So when would you have taken Hack? 

3 minutes ago, thadude said:

O'Brien must have laughed his ass off when Mac drafted Hack in round 2

O’Brien, who remains close with Hackenberg, says the Texans also gave his former charge a high draft grade. “Christian is big and strong and throws a good football,” O’Brien says. “He's shown the ability to overcome adversity. It's hard to evaluate his career. There was a coaching change, and he had to adapt. Now, I watched a lot of his film [from 2014 and 2015], and I saw some bad plays, like people talk about. But I saw a lot of good plays too. We had him evaluated as a really good quarterback prospect.”

O’Brien thinks he’s in good hands to do that. “It's a great spot for him,” O’Brien says. “I coached for Gailey one year at Georgia Tech, and that's a perfect coach for him to learn from. Chan's a very patient guy. Good teacher.”

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/05/06/themmqb-christian-hackenberg-new-york-jets-quarterback-private-workout-nfl-draft-2016

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Pretty sure PSU plays in the Big 10. They have not played UMass as long as I have known the school. which is 40 years.

Your are now just plucking things out of the air, and typing them.

Nope.  Try again.

BvRP7riIcAIIYZ9.png

I have no idea if Hack is a waste or not everything is based of speculation both pro and con. All I can say is any coach who would allow themselves to be an anonymous source needs to be shown the door and outed publicly. Talk about a disruptive lockeroom individual just saying 

Archived