Hack ripped by anonymous Jets coach

AFJF

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

John Donovan's system, but I did not expect you to know this.

All speculation, as it was an anonymous quote. Way coach does this and why? Always look for what the true agenda is. Not sure what it could be here. Someone sounds disgruntled.

If everyone keeps saying (and seeing) the same thing, maybe there's something to it.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SMC said:

You're now talking about reps with the 1st or 2nd team. I'm talking about throwing at all in practice because you said that coaches couldn't evaluate Hack's accuracy during practice because he wasn't getting reps. But that's just not true because coaches can just observe a QB when he throws if he "can't hit the ocean."

That's just silly....he can throw a football...look at the tape.

2 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

It's amazing how many fans refuse to believe the obvious about Hack with the ever-growing mountain of evidence.

Seriously, you guys think everyone has it out for this kid and it's some sort of conspiracy? Even if this anonymous coach was disgruntled, why is Hack's inaccuracy the object of his parting shot?? Of all things??? It's a common theme with the kid. And it's backed by everything we saw of him in college and preseason.  I know, I know...it's all James Franklin's system's fault. No matter that Hacks replacement has had no trouble and been twice as successful. 

Time for some of you to get your heads out of the sand.

Because that's all anyone has talked about. It's an easy quote. 

No thought given to schemes, sanactions, restricted scholarships, playing behind an OL with 2 starters being converted DL  etc

why no mention of the scout who said he was looking like a top 5 pick after his freshman year?

again, nobody is saying he's the answer. What some are saying is why trash the guy after 1 year when Mcc said on draft day they were going to invest time in Hack  

and the whole oh they could have taken him in the 3rd, 4th, 5th round crap. Right like anyone knows what the other 31 teams were going to do

such a nauseating topic.  

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

With Connor Cook seeing action today, of QBs drafted in the first 4 rounds Hack was the only one not to take a snap. Sad. 

Right, because Matt McGloin and Carr being injured had nottttttthhhhhing to do with any of that right? Or EJ Manuel sucking horse d*ck with Tyrod Taylor inactive?

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The obvious about Hack is that he has a long way to go in development. The organization knew this which is why they said he wouldn't play all this season.

well...............Not exactly

Hackenberg this year, says Todd Bowles

Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.comBy Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on October 19, 2016 at 7:00 AM, updated October 19, 2016 at 7:46 AM

5shares

Jets coach Todd Bowles on Tuesday left open all possibilities for his quarterback situation in the season's final 10 games, now that the Jets are off to a 1-5 start

Bowles said backup Geno Smith could start over Ryan Fitzpatrick on Sunday against the Ravens. Both players will be free agents next offseason.

The second-year coach also said it's possible the Jets play second-year pro Bryce Petty and/or rookie second-round draft pick Christian Hackenberg this season, if the team continues to stumble into 2016 irrelevance.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Right, because Matt McGloin and Carr being injured had nottttttthhhhhing to do with any of that right? Or EJ Manuel sucking horse d*ck with Tyrod Taylor inactive?

Petty and Geno are on the IR. Fitz has not played well for the majority of the season. Hack couldn't even get one snap. It's just an observation if facts. That it how you will.  

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Petty and Geno are on the IR. Fitz has not played well for the majority of the season. Hack couldn't even get one snap. It's just an observation if facts. That it how you will.  

And if Fitz got hurt like McGloin, Hack would have gotten snaps. If McGloin never got hurt and Tyrod wasn't inactive due to an injury clause in his contract, Cook or Jones would have never gotten snaps either. 

It's just an observation of facts, y'know?

12 minutes ago, SMC said:

Buy a coach can see enough of the below and say he "can't hit the ocean", right?ch_Qoj.gif

You realize that's a common QB drill where he's trying to throw at (or in) the net while dodging the ball, right?  He's not throwing to anyone. 

This is what people were losing their sh*t over?  On average, that ball goes in the net like 3 or 4 times out of 10....when they're just throwing ropes.

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I swear we have the dumbest fanbase. 

Just now, Mogglez said:

You realize that's a common QB drill where he's trying to throw at (or in) the net while dodging the ball. He's not throwing to anyone.  

This is what people were losing their sh*t over?

As I was saying.  

7 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Bring in as many "losers" as possible until we find a true, long-term, franchise QB. Sign me up for many, many losers.

Right, because history has shown us that this works out so well.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And if Fitz got hurt like McGloin, Hack would have gotten snaps. If McGloin never got hurt and Tyrod wasn't inactive due to an injury clause in his contract, Cook or Jones would have never gotten snaps either. 

It's just an observation of facts, y'know?

You don't know either of those things as facts for the Raiders or Bills. Given the fact that the Jets have had injuries and ineffectiveness at the QB position, you'd think they'd want to see what the guy they just drafted had. They didn't. 

35 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, given that we have a coach that named a free agent quarterback the starter of his football team leads me to "believe" that anything is possible with these cast of characters.

Exactly.

Did you see where Bowles declined saying anything about Revis's future, and noted his mistake of doing this with Fitz last year? I thought that was pretty solid of him, as far as those "all Rex Bowles needs to do is show signs of growth" things go.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

You don't know either of those things as facts for the Raiders or Bills. Given the fact that the Jets have had injuries and ineffectiveness at the QB position, you'd think they'd want to see what the guy they just drafted had. They didn't. 

The f*ck do you mean I can't know that? Cook was McGloins backup. If the starter doesn't get hurt, the backup usually doesn't come in.  Especially when the starter they have in was being prepped for the playoffs.  If Tyrod didn't have that clause, he wouldn't have sat and would have either started or, at least, backed up EJ.

Just now, Mogglez said:

The f*ck do you mean I can't know that? Cook was McGloins backup. If the starter doesn't get hurt, the backup usually doesn't come in.  Especially when the starter they have in was being prepped for the playoffs.  If Tyrod didn't have that clause, he wouldn't have sat and would have either started or, at least, backed up EJ.

So you were in fact in the coaches meetings this week and they said we're not playing either guy? I doubt that. 

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You realize that's a common QB drill where he's trying to throw at (or in) the net while dodging the ball, right?  He's not throwing to anyone. 

This is what people were losing their sh*t over?  On average, that ball goes in the net like 3 or 4 times out of 10....when they're just throwing ropes.

At lest get dodged the ball I mean come on get behind the kid

Archived