Hack ripped by anonymous Jets coach

AFJF

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You realize that's a common QB drill where he's trying to throw at (or in) the net while dodging the ball, right?  He's not throwing to anyone. 

This is what people were losing their sh*t over?  On average, that ball goes in the net like 3 or 4 times out of 10....when they're just throwing ropes.

1) Yes, I know this is a common QB drill

2) It's not that he didn't get it into the net the 3 or 4 times. It's that he didn't even hit the stantion.

3) The point is that yes, a coach can see Hack throw on the sideline and say Hack "can't hit the ocean" as Schefter reported on TV.

4) I don't know whether Hack can be accurate in the future. But he was inaccurate in college and in preseason and there haven't been reports to contrary this season.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SMC said:

2) It's not that he didn't get it into the net the 3 or 4 times. It's that he didn't even hit the station.

3) The point is that yes, a coach can see Hack throw on the sideline and say Hack "can't hit the ocean" as Schefter reported on TV.

4) I don't know whether Hack can be accurate in the future. But he was inaccurate in college and in preseason and there haven't been reports to contrary this season.

hard to tell, but it looks like he's hitting the bottom of the net to me.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The f*ck do you mean I can't know that? Cook was McGloins backup. If the starter doesn't get hurt, the backup usually doesn't come in.  Especially when the starter they have in was being prepped for the playoffs.  If Tyrod didn't have that clause, he wouldn't have sat and would have either started or, at least, backed up EJ.

Lynn even said sitting Taylor today was a business decision. But some don't treat that as a fact  

2 minutes ago, SMC said:

2) It's not that he didn't get it into the net the 3 or 4 times. It's that he didn't even hit the stantion.

Stephen Hill just has to improve his hands!

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So you were in fact in the coaches meetings this week and they said we're not playing either guy? I doubt that. 

Are you suggesting that the Raiders were going to let McGloin go into the playoffs with almost zero work with the starters, because that would be an absolutely astonishing level of stupidity.

Before Rex got canned he said that Taylor was his starter and Lynn said it was a business decision today.

There's a certain point where you should just give up while you're behind.

31 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Gawd. This topic is so nauseating. 

I didn't know JN had so many NFL employed football scouts registered here. Who knew. 

What exactly is this supposed to mean?

The Jets scouting department is what is nauseating.

I know that I am a better scout from watching YouTube film than the frauds in Florham Park. You know how I know? Because I would have sprinted to the podium for Brandin Cooks over Pryor.  Because I said many times around here that Devin Smith was a one-trick pony, body-catcher that doesn't high point the ball.  And that Hackenberg had no business being drafted before round 5.

I give them credit for signing Robby Anderson.  That's it!  Almost nothing else in 4 years for the scouting department.  And honestly... if they really knew Robby could play, they would have drafted him, right?

Leo at #6 was almost a no-brainer.

I suggest you re-direct your sarcasm elsewhere.  There are some other fans here that would draft better than those worthless "employed football scouts"  too. 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Are you suggesting that the Raiders were going to let McGloin go into the playoffs with almost zero work with the starters, because that would be an absolutely astonishing level of stupidity.

Before Rex got canned he said that Taylor was his starter and Lynn said it was a business decision today.

There's a certain point where you should just give up while you're behind.

So you're saying you don't know it for a fact? 

I'm not behind here. I made a correct observation and you lost your composure because it was true. I made no comment on it other than it was what it was. You're the one behind here buddy. I didn't think it was smart to play Hack today either. And no matter what happened to get Cook and Jones in the game today, they both did. Those are facts. 

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Lynn even said sitting Taylor today was a business decision. But some don't treat that as a fact  

Show me a post where I said that wasn't a fact. The fact of the matter is once they said Tyrod isn't playing you have no idea if Lynn and his staff said well, let's have Cardale ready to play because starting EJ Manuel is basically saying the number two guy is going to get reps. And they certainly had no issue inserting him into the game. Almost as if it was something they actually discussed as something that could have happened! Whoa!

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

What exactly is this supposed to mean?

The Jets scouting department is what is nauseating.

I know that I am a better scout from watching YouTube film than the frauds in Florham Park. You know how I know? Because I would have sprinted to the podium for Brandin Cooks over Pryor.  Because I said many times around here that Devin Smith was a one-trick pony, body-catcher that doesn't high point the ball.  And that Hackenberg had no business being drafted before round 5.

I give them credit for signing Robby Anderson.  That's it!  Almost nothing else in 4 years for the scouting department.  And honestly... if they really knew Robby could play, they would have drafted him, right?

Leo at #6 was almost a no-brainer.

I suggest you re-direct your sarcasm elsewhere.  There are some other fans here that would draft better than those worthless "employed football scouts"  too. 

That's good. Pryor was the last regime. I didn't like the pick either. Guess I'm qualified to be a scout

By all means please go to Florham Park and apply. Jets can always use 2 more eyes. 

Before anyone loses their sheet, Leberfeld runs a website/newsletter. Possible this awful CS leaks like a sieve, but...I dunno. Not saying he made this up, but best way for a guy like him to generate some web traffic/eyeballs/ad revenue going into the offseason is to get A Big Story as an "exclusive". May be it's true, but really consider the source. Coaches may be washer women gossips, but some coaches, if they want to have a future, would be ill-served feeding this guy inside info. If they're found out, kind of thing will follow them around like a bad smell. 

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So you're saying you don't know it for a fact? - I refuse to believe that you are this naive or stupid.

I'm not behind here. I made a correct observation and you lost your composure because it was true. I made no comment on it other than it was what it was. You're the one behind here buddy. I didn't think it was smart to play Hack today either. And no matter what happened to get Cook and Jones in the game today, they both did. Those are facts. - You're not only behind but you are completely wrong. You said that it was sad that the other teams played their guys while ours couldn't even get on the field for one play, I said that they wouldn't have played, just like our guy, if it wasn't for ridiculous circumstances and your shutting your ear shouting "NUH UH, YOU DON'T KNOW THAT FOR REALZ" like a child, despite the fact that theres evidence (A QUOTE FROM 2 COACHES) and logic (McGloin needing reps) to say it's completely true.  Rereading this chain, I don't even think you remember what you originally said or were pointing out/implying.

7 minutes ago, C Mart said:

That's good. Pryor was the last regime. I didn't like the pick either. Guess I'm qualified to be a scout

By all means please go to Florham Park and apply. Jets can always use 2 more eyes. 

I have considered it.  Seriously.  I would do it for free to help those dickweeds.

You probably are equally qualified. As am I.   What are they qualified to do?  Draft one stiff after another? And I believe wholeheartedly that you and I would draft better football players.  How can you not?

The scouting department is a tipped over Port-O-Let. 

Before the pick was announced on TV, Maccagnan told Hackenberg over the phone that the organization was determined to “help you achieve your potential.”

“We’re really excited about adding you to this organization,” Maccagnan said, courtesy of a video posted on the Jets’ official Instagram page. “And we think you have a bright future and we’re going to invest some time in you.”

Just now, C Mart said:

Before the pick was announced on TV, Maccagnan told Hackenberg over the phone that the organization was determined to “help you achieve your potential.”

“We’re really excited about adding you to this organization,” Maccagnan said, courtesy of a video posted on the Jets’ official Instagram page. “And we think you have a bright future and we’re going to invest some time in you.”

Why is this so hard to believe!!!!!

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Nah. Again I posted a fact and you had a mental breakdown. I know it's been a long season. Maybe take a break and come back fresh another time. You aren't going to win this one. 

I guess I was wrong. You are this stupid. 

Coaches quotes stating that the starter was benched for a business decision don't count and the Raiders were gonna let McGloin wing it in the playoffs.  Yeah buddy!  You sure proved yourself to be in the right here.  Just like with gobbling up Fitz all of last offseason! ???

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I guess I was wrong. You are this stupid. 

Coaches quotes stating that the starter was benched for a business decision don't count and the Raiders were gonna let McGloin wing it in the playoffs.  Yeah buddy!  You sure proved yourself to be in the right here.  Just like with gobbling up Fitz all of last offseason! ???

Personal attacks when you're losing the argument is so 2016. I stated a fact. You stated "yeah, buts". I asked if you could provide facts that the Bills never discussed playing Cardale in a throwaway game. You cried about Tyrod Taylor. I'll even give you the McGloin and Raiders thing. I doubt Cook gets snaps unless there was an injury as was the case with a Fitz and Hack. But you can't prove either staff said this week in meetings here are scenarios outside of injuries that these guys may play and you never will, because you can't. Sorry time to move on.

Also, I never gobbled Fitz, if that's even a thing. I said bring him back at the right terms and if not go with Petty. The Jets brought him at the right terms. So. Yeah. This line of accusatory rhetoric attains you nothing as well. 

What's the big deal?  Anyone who watched Hack in the preseason, open practices, or at PSU, knows he has major accuracy issues.

I would rather have a GM and coach willing to say "we f'd up" and move on rather than just pretend they can make this impossible improvement and make excuses every time he has a bad practice.

He's not the answer.  Move him to the PS and move on.

Archived