Hack ripped by anonymous Jets coach

AFJF

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

I hope you're joking.  With all our team needs, Mcc drafts a kid who by nearly unanimous appraisals was a disaster?  A guy who would most likely have been there in the fourth or fifth rounds?  

Believe what you want. But I think reaching for Hack in the second round was beyond dumb and unnecessary.  His decision--when Hack eventually washes out--is something which will eventually cost Mcc his job.

I'd love to see the Jets pre-draft scouting report and assessment which led them to conclude differently than others that Hack was the pick in the 2nd.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I hope you're joking.    A guy who would most likely have been there in the fourth or fifth rounds?  

Believe what you want. But I think reaching for Hack in the second round was beyond dumb and unnecessary.  His decision--when Hack eventually washes out--is something which will eventually cost Mcc his job.

talk about throwing sh*t at the wall...

1. none of the draft graders killed the pick, at least not kiper, mayock, gruden, mcshay, etc...

2. how would u know that he would be there in the 4th or 5th round? what type of intel do you have on the draft that we dont?

3. what do you base the fact that he is going to wash out on? agree there is a higher then average probability as with all second round picks...but you seem convinced...

fans love to sit back and make generalizations based on espn drivel...

8 minutes ago, SMC said:

I'd love to see the Jets pre-draft scouting report and assessment which led them to conclude differently than others that Hack was the pick in the 2nd.

Well there were 12 more picks after the Jets pick in the 2nd round & 19 picks in the 3rd before the Jets picked  

4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

talk about throwing sh*t at the wall...

1. none of the draft graders killed the pick, at least not kiper, mayock, gruden, mcshay, etc...

2. how would u know that he would be there in the 4th or 5th round? what type of intel do you have on the draft that we dont?

3. what do you base the fact that he is going to wash out on? agree there is a higher then average probability as with all second round picks...but you seem convinced...

fans love to sit back and make generalizations based on espn drivel...

Other than Hack, guess where the next QB was picked?  NE's Brissett about 40 (four-zero) spots later in the FOURTH ROUND.  

I base my OPINION on Hack sucking from what I have seen.  A kid who was never dressed until yesterday on a team who had an INT machine at QB whose W/L record was abysmal, another who went on IR, still another who was hurt after starting two games.  So what do the Jets do?  They keep Hack in mothballs because they know he can't "hit the ocean".  

Look, like everyone else, you're free to believe what you want and drink the refreshing green Kool-Aid. Me?  I'm sick of this sh1t and can see clearly through the nebulous PR spin the team puts out there.

18 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I hope you're joking.  With all our team needs, Mcc drafts a kid who by nearly unanimous appraisals was a disaster?  A guy who would most likely have been there in the fourth or fifth rounds?  

Hack would have been a bad 5th round pick let alone a bad 2nd

15 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

yep. and you don't think he knows that? would you rather he play safe and take a greg mcelroy type in rounds 6-7?

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Other than Hack, guess where the next QB was picked?  NE's Brissett about 40 (four-zero) spots later in the FOURTH ROUND.  

I base my OPINION on Hack sucking from what I have seen.  A kid who was never dressed until yesterday on a team who had an INT machine at QB whose W/L record was abysmal, another who went on IR, still another who was hurt after starting two games.  So what do the Jets do?  They keep Hack in mothballs because they know he can't "hit the ocean".  

Look, like everyone else, you're free to believe what you want and drink the refreshing green Kool-Aid. Me?  I'm sick of this sh1t and can see clearly through the nebulous PR spin the team puts out there.

The people who defend Hack and Petty were also the Geno haters.  So this is how the argument usually goes:

Jetfan1: Petty hasn't looked good.  Hackenberg sucks.

Jetfan2: You jerks said we needed 3 years to verify if Geno sucked.  We should give Petty 3 years to suck and Hackenberg another 3 years afterwards to verify.

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

3rd round chief....pick 91..So what's the point? so you KNOW another team wouldn't have taken Hack before the Jets picked in round 3 pick 83?

Kessler went #93, Cook #100..Prescott #135 off a 4th round compensatory pick..Dallas used their 4th round pick #101 on DE Tapper...Dallas was SO SURE Prescott was the guy they decided to wait until #135 to take him

It's so easy to pick after the actual draft.. 

4 hours ago, Xtina said:

There's no mounting evidence 

The guy hasn't played an NFL down. There is no evidence of him being good, average nor bad. And thanks to this genius CS, we have no better idea this morning. Could've rectified that a bit by playing him yesterday, but we have been told that's bad,evil, crazy talk and wrong, despite many other QBs taken last April playing this season. And we have a CS that when it comes to offensive talent evaluation thought Matt Forte was just like Chris Ivory.Trust them much?  And they still haven't figured out how the clock and timeouts work. 

Once again, this franchise is today engaged in almost a celebration for winning a meaningless Week 17 bum fight. It could only have had any meaning had they played Hackenberg. And really all they did was run the ball to death in max protect most of the day anyway. If they could not get the kid ready to hand off 40 or so times, says way more about them than it does about Hackenberg. 

6 minutes ago, thadude said:

The people who defend Hack and Petty were also the Geno haters.  So this is how the argument usually goes:

Jetfan1: Petty hasn't looked good.  Hackenberg sucks.

Jetfan2: You jerks said we needed 3 years to verify if Geno sucked.  We should give Petty 3 years to suck and Hackenberg another 3 years afterwards to verify.

yeah only most Geno haters had no intention of giving him 3 years to suck but it wasn't exactly our decision.

for the record if the jets picked Geno and said they needed to sit him for a year...i would be all for it...in fact maybe they should have (allthough he would still suck prob).

Just now, k-met57 said:

yeah only most Geno haters had no intention of giving him 3 years to suck but it wasn't exactly our decision.

for the record if the jets picked Geno and said they needed to sit him for a year...i would be all for it...in fact maybe they should have (allthough he would still suck prob).

Geno sucked.  But I tell you one thing he looked significantly better as a rookie than Petty did this year.  

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I hope you are dead wrong but all indications are leaning towards this being the truth. 

When the coaching staff has to go out of its way to hide you there is a problem.  Fitz, Geno and Petty are all horrible.  If Hack can't even compete with those guys on the depth chart it's a major red flag.

Just now, thadude said:

Geno sucked.  But I tell you one thing he looked significantly better as a rookie than Petty did this year.  

yeah but petty was never going to be an NFL QB. he did this year what he did in college...fling the ball down the field when the pocket was clean and crumble on anything else. Geno started for 3 years in a pro style system with 2 all american receivers. my issue with geno is his lack of pocket awareness, he did it at WV and he did it in the NFL...and btw the fact that he followed Sanchez who had even worse pocket awareness and happy feet didnt help.

honestly Hack is our only hope right now. he may fail but at least there is some hope to grab onto there...petty and geno are not nfl players.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

3rd round chief....pick 91..So what's the point? so you KNOW another team wouldn't have taken Hack before the Jets picked in round 3 pick 83?

Kessler went #93, Cook #100..Prescott #135 off a 4th round compensatory pick..Dallas used their 4th round pick #101 on DE Tapper...Dallas was SO SURE Prescott was the guy they decided to wait until #135 to take him

It's so easy to pick after the actual draft.. 

Guess my point is the same that virtually every person reacting to Mcc's head scratcher has:  Why the rush to go after Hack when even his former college coach (O'Brien) passed on him?  When his college numbers fell off the cliff after his freshman year?  When the Jets already have a "project" in Petty?

Look, you believe Mcc made a solid decision in picking Hack in the second round when our team is devoid of so many other positions.  Fine.  I don't.  Like so many Jet QB picks over the years, I think it was boneheaded.  Again, I think proven by the fact that the team was absolutely frozen with fear at the thought of actually dressing the kid.

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

yeah but petty was never going to be an NFL QB. he did this year what he did in college...fling the ball down the field when the pocket was clean and crumble on anything else. Geno started for 3 years in a pro style system with 2 all american receivers. my issue with geno is his lack of pocket awareness, he did it at WV and he did it in the NFL...and btw the fact that he followed Sanchez who had even worse pocket awareness and happy feet didnt help.

honestly Hack is our only hope right now. he may fail but at least there is some hope to grab onto there...petty and geno are not nfl players.

If Hack is our only hope this franchise is even more screwed than I think it is.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I believe the most likely scenario is that we're drafting a CB at 6, moving Revis to safety, and that we'll "win" a bidding war for Romo or Cutler. I don't think Maccagnan nor Bowles have the guts to do anything else, really.

Both are staring at unemployment. So it's win now, with Romo or Cutler, who will be 37 and 34 on opening day. Though looking at this OL entirely plausible both or either don't go along with this. 

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

so his first preseason game after clearly flawed mechanics under franklin at PSU and with minimal reps the entire preseason...this is what you are putting out there?

If as a qb your mechanics need to be overhauled at the NFL level it's a problem.  That's like saying hey we drafted a CB who runs a 5.5 40 but if we work with him in the gym a couple years he might get to a  5.0 40.

6 minutes ago, thadude said:

When the coaching staff has to go out of its way to hide you there is a problem.  Fitz, Geno and Petty are all horrible.  If Hack can't even compete with those guys on the depth chart it's a major red flag.

Absolutely agree on all accounts. If our 2nd round pick cant even see the field theres an issue and if he cant compete against this group uh oh.........

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Both are staring at unemployment. So it's win now, with Romo or Cutler, who will be 37 and 34 on opening day. Though looking at this OL entirely plausible both or either don't go along with this. 

Please no Romo.  Cutler is done he's having surgery on his throwing shoulder

Just now, thadude said:

If as a qb your mechanics need to be overhauled at the NFL level it's a problem.  That's like saying hey we drafted a CB who runs a 5.5 40 but if we work with him in the gym a couple years he might get to a  5.0 40.

disagree. clearly Hack was able to execute a pro style offense as a freshman, then he was asked to run a spread O by Franklin where things kind of fall apart (understandably). this is evident by the success they had with a QB who couldn't even make an NFL roster this year. this is not teaching a kid to run faster this is teaching an adult to ride a bike again.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Absolutely agree on all accounts. If our 2nd round pick cant even see the field theres an issue and if he cant compete against this group uh oh.........

All season we were all like "How could Bowles be so stupid and keep starting Fitzpatrick."

Turns out Bowles was actually right.  Petty is crap and Hack is crap concentrate.

the biggest thing against Hack seems to be that he was drafted in the second round. something he had no control over and something that was probably dictated by the jets and other teams draft boards. really kind of unfair to the kid...then again everyone on this board will be licking his balls if he actually becomes an NFL QB.

Just now, thadude said:

It is nothing like saying that.

And mechanics can be overhauled at the NFL even. It is what they do. Was watching the Eagles-Cowboys telecast yesterday and John Lynch was talking about Carson Wentz, and how he sees mechanical flaws in his current game, and will use the off season to correct those. He then went on to talk about Rogers being drafted by GB, and how they noticed that his hands, as he set up, were too high (they showed Lynch grasping the football at shoulder height in set-up), and they taught Rogers to set up loser, so that he would be less stiff.

Just an example. Posters who give broad brushes of evaluation and what can and can't happen in the NFL, are doing lazy commentary. Just calling a spade a spade.

1 minute ago, thadude said:

All season we were all like "How could Bowles be so stupid and keep starting Fitzpatrick."

Turns out Bowles was actually right.  Petty is crap and Hack is crap concentrate.

The GM gave Bowles a bunch of crap to play the position the bearded guy is the worse starting QB in the NFL yet none of our backups could beat him out. Yikes!!!!!!!

Archived