QB USC Sam Darnold's play at Rose bowl

Lupz27

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Mark your calendars the Jets vs Browns game is possibly the most important of the 2017 season can't win that game.

Either we completely overhaul the roster and sign Glennon or Taylor and draft Mike Williams 

OR

we completely tank 2017 and get Darnold

25 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

If I'm the Jets I'm offering the Browns our 1st this year for their 1st next year lol.

Then somehow get a hold of SF 2018 1st rounder just to make sure.

Don't underestimate how bad Chicago will be.

59 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

That's big boy football right there, maybe to much time on the clock, but 39 seconds to tie the game from 80 yards away lol.  And this Penn St. D is a top D in college don't be mistaken.

I saw the same exact thing when North Carolina played Stanford by Mitch Trubisky  . Only his receivers keep dropping the ball .  Oh, and Trubisky made his march from the 3 yard line . 2 excellent prospects in my opinion, but only 1 may be available this draft  .

We are set up to get this guy next year for real.   Start the kid QB's.  Minimal Free agents.  I really like LionelRichie's idea to trade this years draft picks for 2018 draft capital.  

Oh, and move Sheldon's locker next to Brandon's for next season.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Btw he's a sophomore.  Announcers were acting like he just stepped off a high school field. 

He's a red shirt.  So yeah he is technically a soph,ore but this is the first year playing college football.  First Bowl game.  This guy is a legit franchise QB.  What ever team gets him is set at the QB position for the next 15 years.

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I saw the same exact thing when North Carolina played Stanford by Mitch Trubisky  . Only his receivers keep dropping the ball .  Oh, and Trubisky made his march from the 3 yard line . 2 excellent prospects in my opinion, but only 1 may be available this draft  .

I like Trubisky a lot.  Not sure where he goes this draft.  I would assume that Cleveland takes Garrett #1 and then uses both their #2 picks and the #11 to move in front of us to get Trubisky if SF and Chicago somehow passes on him.  Apparently he is from Ohio and they love him.  Just have Garrett ranked as almost the perfect prospect.

14 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I like Trubisky a lot.  Not sure where he goes this draft.  I would assume that Cleveland takes Garrett #1 and then uses both their #2 picks and the #11 to move in front of us to get Trubisky if SF and Chicago somehow passes on him.  Apparently he is from Ohio and they love him.  Just have Garrett ranked as almost the perfect prospect.

His Bio says the Browns are his preferred Team to play for .  Jets have to do whatever they is needed to acquire Trubisky if he's their guy > But like I said, I have 3 options .  We need either a premium position player or a guaranteed star on offense with that 1st pick .

6 hours ago, southtown24th said:

2018 #1 Pick and I hope it's ours...

The Jets will lose enough games to miss the playoffs and win enough to not have the ability to draft any of these QBs. Seriously, I hope we lose every game next year besides the one in New England. 

12 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

i know usc qbs usually suck in the nfl but this kid looks legit from the games ive seen.  the only thing that would worry me is playing in the winter elements.  havent seen him throw in bad conditions. i could be wrong tho ive only seen a handful of usc games this year

He made some great throws in that game.

14 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Havent watched much West Coast NCAA this year. Was soooo dissappointed from Brownings showing the other night....But so far, the USC kid looks good. 

Too bad the Jets bring in Romo next year, who goes 6-0 before fracturing both Collarbones in a mild collision with a ballboy and the Jets finish 7-9.

If they bring in Romo they better use every pick on Oline, blocking TEs and a FB or he might be killed. 

I watched this game and it was great. Maybe the best Rose Bowl of all time. This kid scanned the field like a pro and threw the ball before WR's were open. This kid is for real and I would love to have him. I will definitely be watching USC football next year.

What a great performance. I watched James Franklin on BTN after the game. He was with the Packers when they drafted Rodgers. He basically said Darnold is the same guy....was gushing about how good he is. He said something like"he has everything they want," obviously talking about the NFL. Also compared his WR Chris Goodwin to Jordy Nelson. Interesting interview. Penn State has a great guy to lead this program, just wonder how long he will be there before the NFL comes calling.

9 minutes ago, section314 said:

What a great performance. I watched James Franklin on BTN after the game. He was with the Packers when they drafted Rodgers. He basically said Darnold is the same guy....was gushing about how good he is. He said something like"he has everything they want," obviously talking about the NFL. Also compared his WR Chris Goodwin to Jordy Nelson. Interesting interview. Penn State has a great guy to lead this program, just wonder how long he will be there before the NFL comes calling.

As a PSU alumni, I'm not a fan of Franklins. That loss last night was another example of why. Brutal. But yes, Sam Darnold is very good.

26 minutes ago, section314 said:

Don't see Franklin wanting to be an NFL guy. He loves the aspect of recruiting, he loves his job and the area that he is in. PSU is working on an extension as we speak.

For most, unless there is a huge ego, the College game is a much better gig than the NFL. Franklin has some top classes lined up, and PSU should be playing within top 15 for the near term future.

51 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

I watched this game and it was great. Maybe the best Rose Bowl of all time. This kid scanned the field like a pro and threw the ball before WR's were open. This kid is for real and I would love to have him. I will definitely be watching USC football next year.

Herbstreit damn near had a stroke breaking down the dropping the pass in the perfect spot on the last USC TD between 2 defenders. A fun game to watch. 

29 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

As a PSU alumni, I'm not a fan of Franklins. That loss last night was another example of why. Brutal. But yes, Sam Darnold is very good.

When Penn State had the lead and the ball and forced USC to burn their timeouts, had to get a little ballsy and get a first down with a pass. Really USC didn't stop them all night, why play into their hands.  

18 minutes ago, Bugg said:

When Penn State had the lead and the ball and forced USC to burn their timeouts, had to get a little ballsy and get a first down with a pass. Really USC didn't stop them all night, why play into their hands.  

After the first pass on the last series was almost picked, you need to run the ball to get to overtime. It bit them in the azz.

6 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

After the first pass on the last series was almost picked, you need to run the ball to get to overtime. It bit them in the azz.

I had no problem with them being aggressive. They actually turned too conservative, the second to last series. Needed to get the ball to Gesecki, somehow. That guy will be an all pro NFL Tight end

Archived