2016 Keep em or Dump em

August

i think the issue with a lot of players like harris is it depends.  if harris can be restructured then maybe the team keeps otherwise it's been nice knowing you. and with regard to the qb's, none of them have been very impressive.  i guess the jets are stuck keeping petty and hack.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

David Harris is the common denominator in a defense that shrinks in the biggest moments under every coach he's played for. He's a good guy, but a liability.

He can't cover anyone on 3rd down.  That's why

1 minute ago, NYallDay said:

So hard to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harris is an in the box run-stopper.  As long as he's falling back in coverage and we have mediocre safeties like Gilchrist and Pryor Tight Ends will continue to feast on us.

I hope after we cut Harris Belicheater picks him up.  He'll think he's giving the jets a big FU meanwhile we'll just pick on Harris on 3rd down all day

Harris is an in the box run-stopper.  As long as he's falling back in coverage and we have mediocre safeties like Gilchrist and Pryor Tight Ends will continue to feast on us.

He moves very well sideline to sideline ... and upfield but covering a back out of the backfield or a tight end down the field is arguably one of the most frustrating things to watch our defense do, besides from the lack of turnovers, qb pressure, and the always awesome secret play "busted coverage" gets the opposing team every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bye to everyone in the secondary except Burris and M Williams, Winters should be retained at a reasonable price if not there is actually a decent amount of depth at oline via free agency. Marshall should stay just to give whatever poor bastard qb we have next year as many weapons as possible. Trade Sheldon for an early 4th if we can get it, Cut Mangold if he won't take a monster paycut. Use the first pick to draft a Safety, Sign Stephon Gilmore to be the #1 cb  use free agency and the 2nd and 3rd round picks on the oline. Bring in a qb like Glennon or if he's too expensive roll with Mccown for a year. That option sucks but if we're committing to a rebuild it's gotta be done. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

David Harris is the common denominator in a defense that shrinks in the biggest moments under every coach he's played for. He's a good guy, but a liability.

If he is will to negotiate down his contract $$$$$ worth keeping.  Anyone better?

11 hours ago, rangerous said:

i think the issue with a lot of players like harris is it depends.  if harris can be restructured then maybe the team keeps otherwise it's been nice knowing you. and with regard to the qb's, none of them have been very impressive.  i guess the jets are stuck keeping petty and hack.

Exactly. All of the vets should be cut if they don't want to lower their salary. You look around the league & I guarantee you the Jets got the least out of their top 10 paid players.

17 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Exactly. All of the vets should be cut if they don't want to lower their salary. You look around the league & I guarantee you the Jets got the least out of their top 10 paid players.

No doubt, their highest paid players were the worst players!!! A travesty. 

4 minutes ago, Barkus said:

No doubt, their highest paid players were the worst players!!! A travesty. 

It's crazy! Revis, Mo, Fitz, Clady, Mangold, Harris, Marshall, Decker,  Glichrist, Skrine, Pryor, Forte.

Just look at this group & what we got out of the this year. Holy sh*t! Saddest Jet year ever. Plus, Harris is truly the only leader in that entire group, another reason this team has no direction & lets face it, Harris should be transitioning to either retirement or coaching. Either bad play or injury for every player in that list. I even got tired of Marshalls drops & his running backwards on every catch.

I voted to keep about half the players listed, based on the assumption they will not redo their current contracts. Hence I voted to dump both Revis and Harris.  More problematic was I did dump to vote Wilkerson, which  I completely understand would not be easy.  But I don't think he will come close to earning his salary.  Realistically they will keep him especially if they get rid of Richardson, but I was very disappointed in Wilk this year, and don't expect him to really turn it around.

On the other hand I voted to bring back most of the receivers.  Add a pass catching TE to that group and I think they would not be the part of the team going forward you would be most concerned about.

Both Rodgers and Gailey must go.

And with great pleasure I voted to dump Woody.  he is the biggest problem on this team.

1 hour ago, Big Blocker said:

I voted to keep about half the players listed, based on the assumption they will not redo their current contracts. Hence I voted to dump both Revis and Harris.  More problematic was I did dump to vote Wilkerson, which  I completely understand would not be easy.  But I don't think he will come close to earning his salary.  Realistically they will keep him especially if they get rid of Richardson, but I was very disappointed in Wilk this year, and don't expect him to really turn it around.

On the other hand I voted to bring back most of the receivers.  Add a pass catching TE to that group and I think they would not be the part of the team going forward you would be most concerned about.

Both Rodgers and Gailey must go.

And with great pleasure I voted to dump Woody.  he is the biggest problem on this team.

i'd try to bring back marshall and decker too.  they are still very good and while they probably aren't worth what they are getting paid when you look at the wr's as a whole, the jets aren't paying that much.  when enunwa comes up for contract is when the jets should think about cutting marshall and/or decker.  anderson showed some very good ability but needs work as does peake.  devon smith who?  anyway these guys are playing on the cheap.

Skrine I don't think is worth dumping he is good as a nickel corner and it will be hard to replace him. We have a massive need at secondary honestly I think I would have to think hard about letting gilchrist go.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived