Dog and frisbee

OH THE PAIN

Who would like to see a half-time show of the dog and frisbee again ?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who would like to see a half-time show of the dog and frisbee again ?

16 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

SAR 1 , please bet on the Cheaters to win the Super Bowl !!!!! That assures that they will LOSE !!!!!

I don't refer to the Patr|ots that way and I don't gamble as I don't need the money. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The little kids running goal line offenses/defenses were cute. Was nice to have likable people on the field worth cheering for, if only for about 5 minutes. 

Pee-wee Pop Warner kids was great, they probably upstaged the Jets on all aspects of football so they had no choice to cancel them. 

2 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

If a cat could catch a frisbee , i would settle for that .

Id settle for a squirrel race vs men packing cubes into a Toyota mini-van,yea man I left the stadium got home and told my wife we are going out tomorrow and buying a Toyota mini-van. 

Bad enough Im having second thoughts about ever buying Jolly green Giant products again after getting one of those pathetic head bands. 

On 1/3/2017 at 6:47 PM, flgreen said:

Nah, I want the flying lawn mower back

Wonder how much the Jets had to pay out when the fan got hit. Didn't the guy die? I was at that game and it started with Snoopys flying dog house.  Genius idea to fly models in windy Shea stadium.  

20 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Wonder how much the Jets had to pay out when the fan got hit. Didn't the guy die? I was at that game and it started with Snoopys flying dog house.  Genius idea to fly models in windy Shea stadium.  

A “drone” once killed a fan at an NFL game

Lawnmower

In recent years, the term “drone” has acquired a sinister feel, what with all the lethal firepower that unmanned military planes routinely carry and deploy.  So when a non-weaponized remote-controlled helicopter with simply a camera attached to it is called a “drone,” there’s a real difference.

But maybe not a huge difference.

In the wake of the news that a “drone” invaded the airspace of Bank of America Stadium during a recent preseason contest involving the Chiefs and the Panthers, Jim Celania of WFNZ in Charlotte mentioned this morning that a flying lawnmower once killed a fan at a game in the ’70s.

Initially, I assumed that Jim had simply doused his Post Toasties with something more potent than two-percent.  And while that’s still entirely possible, Jim was right.

It happened in December 1979, at Shea Stadium.  The Jets hosted the Cheaters, and at halftime the Electronic Eagles of the Radio Control Association of Greater New York took the field, flying a collection of model airplanes.

During the show, a plane shaped like a lawnmower landed in the stands, striking 20-year-old John Bowen and 25-year-old Kevin Rourke.  Bowen, who reportedly “looked like he had been attacked by an ax,” underwent emergency surgery.  Several days later, Bowen died.

Criminal charges never were pursued, but a lawsuit later was filed against the Jets, the Radio Control Association of Greater New York, and Philip Cushman, who was flying the plane.

So, yeah, it’s probably a good idea for the NFL to ensure that “drones” don’t get anywhere close to the paying customers.  Otherwise, the paying customers will opt to watch the games from a place where the lawnmowers remain in the garage, with all wheels on the ground at all times.

8 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

It's not Joe Willies fault it's the curse of the lawnboy.......

How do we reverse the curse of a lawnmower? 

It is said that only when Jets fans around the world replace all of their lawns with artificial turf will the Jets enjoy the sweet taste of victory.

1 hour ago, johnnyjet said:

Yeah, think the guy died.  Funny how that all went away in the media.  Today?   LOL Can't imagine how much it cost the Jets to keep that low key

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yeah, think the guy died.  Funny how that all went away in the media.  Today?   LOL Can't imagine how much it cost the Jets to keep that low key

HE CITY

THE CITY; Jets Sued on Death As Result of Show

• FACEBOOK
  • TWITTER
  • GOOGLE+
  • EMAIL
  • PRINT
  • REPRINTS
  •  

A $10 million damage suit was filed in Federal District Court in Brooklyn yesterday in the death of a man who was struck by a radiocontrolled model airplane that was being flown as part of a halftime show at a New York Jets football game on Dec. 9, 1979. 

The victim, John Bowen, 20, of Nashua, N.H., had been attending a game at Shea Stadium between the Jets and the New England Cheaters when the plane went out of control and struck him in the head. 

He died six days later of a brain injury. 

Named as defendants in the negligence suit, which was filed by the man's father, James, were the New York Jets Football Club, the Radio Control Association of Greater New York and Philip Cushman. Mr. Cushman was identified in court papers as having designed, built and furnished the model airplane. (AP)

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:
HE CITY

THE CITY; Jets Sued on Death As Result of Show

• FACEBOOK
  • TWITTER
  • GOOGLE+
  • EMAIL
  • PRINT
  • REPRINTS
  •  

A $10 million damage suit was filed in Federal District Court in Brooklyn yesterday in the death of a man who was struck by a radiocontrolled model airplane that was being flown as part of a halftime show at a New York Jets football game on Dec. 9, 1979. 

The victim, John Bowen, 20, of Nashua, N.H., had been attending a game at Shea Stadium between the Jets and the New England Cheaters when the plane went out of control and struck him in the head. 

He died six days later of a brain injury. 

Named as defendants in the negligence suit, which was filed by the man's father, James, were the New York Jets Football Club, the Radio Control Association of Greater New York and Philip Cushman. Mr. Cushman was identified in court papers as having designed, built and furnished the model airplane. (AP)

With this I imagine it was probably settled with a confidentially clause.  Maybe 5  

19 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

At least a frisbee never killed anyone .

Available in Jets green.

SAR I

[doublepost=1483886525][/doublepost]
Just for fun i'll put it in other words with example.

Here, let me do the same thing:

If Apple invented a brand new iPhone that a) never needed charging, B) had better performance, and c) was significantly cheaper than the current iPhone wouldn't we be ecstatic?

You bet we would. 

That's what wired headphones are vs wireless.

BJ

If Apple invented a brand new iPhone that a) never needed charging, B) had better performance, and c) was significantly cheaper than the current iPhone wouldn't we be ecstatic?

You bet we would. 

BJ

You bet we would. 

BJ

On 1/4/2017 at 2:47 PM, FlagmanL11 said:

a good marching band

We had Morgan State University once upon a time. They were incredible. Half of Giants Stadium actually stayed in their seats. Good stuff.  The frisbee dog was a black and white border collie mix, if I remember.   

Half-time shows.  Haha, who remembers when some young woman attempted to sing 'Last Dance' (Donna Summer) to a hostile crowd?  I can't recall who the Jets were playing, though. "Last dance, last chance for love, last chance for romance . . . "  She didn't even make it to I you need  by me. Three lines, and it was over. "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"  It was like being condemned to death in the Roman Colosseum. Brutal.  

Archived