Who are you rooting for in the Playoffs?

PS17

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The unbelievably large, and sad, inferiority complex so many Jets fans have with the Giants hardly helps with the reputation our fanbase gets.  It's a team they play once every 4 years, there's absolutely no reason to have that strong of an opinion about them.  Oh no, another team's fan busts your balls?  Get over it.  If they end up winning it again, I will have absolutely no problem with that, it will simply mean that both the Cheaters and Dolphins have lost, and that is all that truly matters.  For any Jets fan who would root for either of those teams over the Giants, it's clearly far more about being personally pouty than anything football related.

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

The unbelievably large, and sad, inferiority complex so many Jets fans have with the Giants hardly helps with the reputation our fanbase gets.  It's a team they play once every 4 years, there's absolutely no reason to have that strong of an opinion about them.  Oh no, another team's fan busts your balls?  Get over it.  If they end up winning it again, I will have absolutely no problem with that, it will simply mean that both the Cheaters and Dolphins have lost, and that is all that truly matters.  For any Jets fan who would root for either of those teams over the Giants, it's clearly far more about being personally pouty than anything football related.

Hell just to see a victory parade in our area is good enough.

23 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

That didn't even happen when they had the best QB in football for 17 years

Lets discuss again when the smelly sardines can find someone to replace the 35000 empty seats that show up for every home game at the Joe Robbie/Miramar/Williams Sistas/ Mark Anthony/Land Shark/Sun Life dump or whatever it is called now

Well if you read I said "unlikely to happen". And the stadium is packed just above every single week this season. I think being good has something to do with it.... 

EDIT: Who cares about attendance or other fans? Not me.

9 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

The Dolphins can win 5 super bowls in a row and I still would have no respect for J-LO, Marc, Jimmy Buffet and all the other celebrity owners and their lovely uniforms. It would be funny however since you have all New Yorkers and ex-jets running the team.

Why would you have respect for a divisonal foe? I hate everybody in the AFC East. If i recall you live in south florida and i'm sure you know, whether you'll admit it or not, that the dysfunction in the organization has all but dissapeared since Gase's hiring. No leaks. No Orange Carpet Celebs. NO BS. So refreshing. Of course I want to see more than one year to prove this is the new norm.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

I would never root for the Pats over the Giants, but I don't know how anyone raised in NY as a Jets fan can not hate the Giants. 

And accusing people of being "sad" or having a "complex?" Let's be honest, most intelligent adults would look at any "fan" who rants and raves about professional sports on a message board and tell them to get a life. "Hating" one team is no better or worse than "hating" another. It's all just entertainment and shouldn't be taken so seriously.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 3:33 PM, Bugg said:

Would without any hesitation root for the Jints over the Pats. Done it twice.

I cannot root for the Giants under any circumstances, I rooted for Ne both times and would a third time if we have that nightmare matchup again.

14 hours ago, dolphann4life said:

Why would you have respect for a divisonal foe? I hate everybody in the AFC East. If i recall you live in south florida and i'm sure you know, whether you'll admit it or not, that the dysfunction in the organization has all but dissapeared since Gase's hiring. No leaks. No Orange Carpet Celebs. NO BS. So refreshing. Of course I want to see more than one year to prove this is the new norm.

I think the Gase hire so far has been a great one. Its the fan base down here that probably is the most annoying as they tend to be delusional at times. I have family members that are Dolphins fans and good friends also, so its all in good fun.

Anyone but the Giants. Unfortunately, they are going to win it all. Watch this week when they beat the Pack, they will egregiously hold on every offensive play and it will get called 2 times, their WRs will push off all game with no calls, and their DBs will hold and have illegal contact all game that won't get called.

least penalized team in the league is an absolute travesty. NFL is setting up Giants Pats 3 this year.

I'm rooting for the Jets to find a nice young OC, who will develop a young QB to Franchise status  and take my team out of last place . I'm further rooting for my Jets to finally also find that elusive Edge Rusher that will cause Tom Brady to think hard about retirement . 

There was a time I would root for the Giants. But watching them stroll to a championship then we go to 2 AFCC and lose and watch them win again has put a dent in my soul that I can not recover from. Maybe just getting bitter in my old age. I like the Falcons but don't trust their D. Same goes for the Packers. I hate the Cowboys as much as the Cheaters. Texans and Dolphins don't have a chance and the Raiders lost their QB so by process of elimination I will pull for the Chiefs.

GO CHIEFS

TO answer the OP's question, I would be rooting for the Raiders but as others have said here and elsewhere, they sadly seem to have no chance.  They would have been very interesting with Carr still playing, and might have done some damage if they beat Denver, had McGloin healthy and could have used the bye week to work him into the O first team.  But with Cook, I can't see them being competitive even in the wild card game.

That leaves Green Bay.  I am concerned about their CB's, but as a team I've always liked the whole ownership structure there and their history.  If I had to pick a favorite player in the league right now it'd probably be Rodgers.  They've been playing interesting, exciting football of late, and up this weekend I get to root against the midgets.  It's all good.

And on a side note as far as I am concerned anyone who roots for NE in any game against any opponent is not a real Jet fan.

2 minutes ago, slowmoe57 said:

There was a time I would root for the Giants. But watching them stroll to a championship then we go to 2 AFCC and lose and watch them win again has put a dent in my soul that I can not recover from. Maybe just getting bitter in my old age. I like the Falcons but don't trust their D. Same goes for the Packers. I hate the Cowboys as much as the Cheaters. Texans and Dolphins don't have a chance and the Raiders lost their QB so by process of elimination I will pull for the Chiefs.

GO CHIEFS

Yeah, some good points here.  I am concerned about the Packer pass D.  They can't seem to stop the out pass downfield, if the opposing Qb can make that throw. I like Matt Ryan and the CS at Atlanta, but I like Andy Reid even more, so after GB I would say I like the Chiefs again assuming the Raiders will lose out early.

17 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I would never root for the Pats over the Giants, but I don't know how anyone raised in NY as a Jets fan can not hate the Giants. 

And accusing people of being "sad" or having a "complex?" Let's be honest, most intelligent adults would look at any "fan" who rants and raves about professional sports on a message board and tell them to get a life. "Hating" one team is no better or worse than "hating" another. It's all just entertainment and shouldn't be taken so seriously.

Haha, fair enough point there, but the reason I will never understand it in this case is that it has nothing to do with football.  It's more of an "aw shucks, these other people I know root for a better team" situation, which is pretty weak, even by football fan standards.  It's nothing more than wanting the people around us to be sharing in Jets fan misery, which is kind of a dick move.

4 hours ago, LWC611 said:

If the Cheaters play the Giants then who?  I would say Giants if that is the matchup....

That's the "nightmare" scenario.  Its happened twice.  I honestly do not think this year's Giants team is good enough to make the Super Bowl.

3 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Why would any Jet fan root for the filthy stinking cheaters against anybody including Hitler's SS or the Dogs of Satan?

Oh, of course, you aren't one of those Jet fan people

Why would any jets fan root for the Giants?  A team whose fair-weather fan base was rooting for the pats until coughlin and Eli won a super bowl and look down on the jets

3 hours ago, slowmoe57 said:

GO CHIEFS

#1 Anyone but the Pats

I don't hate Dallas anymore.  It's not the old Cowboys, they have no hate able players

3 minutes ago, slowmoe57 said:

Hey did You know that Jets Jacket from the "Wonder Years" is on display in the Smithsonian Museum of American History. I was kinda surprised to see it.

I did not know that.  Thanks for the info.  Pretty cool.

3 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

How are the other 4 members of your club doing?

Can only speak for myself, but cautiously optimistic currently.  It would seem the nightmare is over.

Still hoping to see one of those articles about Fitz's home being sold or put up for rent.  Something concrete proving he will no longer be living in the area/country would be nice.

In an ideal world, I'd like the Miami Dolphins to get blown out this weekend. Something like 45-3. 

The Steelers would then lose in the most cruel manner imaginable the following week to the Chiefs. Their kicker missing a potential game-winning FG late in the 4th, then again in overtime before the Chiefs drive down the field and win. The Cowboys dismantle the Giants.

Conference games are Pats and Chiefs, Cowboys and Seahawks. Kansas City upset the world by marching into Foxboro and winning 41-17 in a game that's not even that close. Who cares what happens in the NFC once the Giants are out, but let's go with Dallas. Kansas and Dallas Superbowl. Kansas City winning would be kind of cool. A watered down version maybe of a famine-ending title success. Not quiet on the scale of the Cubs and the Cavs but preferable to seeing the usual suspects (Pats, Giants, Steelers, Packers) win out.

Basically anyone but the Dolphins, Steelers, Pats, Raiders and Giants. Not much to ask for surely!

On 1/4/2017 at 8:59 AM, Warfish said:

I wouldn't say so, no.

But I freely admit I don't understand how Jets fans can root, actively, for other teams.

Passive, watch the games, not care who wins (or root against our hated rivals, like the Pats) sure, fine.

But to actively root for another team?  Do you buy their hats too?  Wear their jerseys?  Fanboi their players? 

Must be the Fantasy Football/Free Agency Era tbqh, dilutes truly dedicated single-team fandom IMO, makes fans start liking and following players on other teams other than their favorite team, and start rooting for them as well.

/shrug, to each their own.  

I don't think anybody here is actively rooting for any other team, it's not the same.

Like for me, given the choices I'd like to see the Seahawks win only because I'm a big Russell Wilson fan. But I'm not emotionally invested in the Seahawks, I'm not going to be jumping up and down during if they win or get mad if they lose.

When I watch other games not involving the Jets, I'm just like giphy.gif

Archived