Who are you rooting for in the Playoffs?

PS17

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JiF said:

I have a monster man crush on Aaron Rodgers.  I think he's the most exciting QB to ever play the game.  Throw in the whole Olivia Munn thing and I basically would sleep with Aaron Rodgers if he'd have me.

So needless to say I'm pulling for the Green Bay Aaron...errr Packers. 

This is basically me. Plus, my dad was a Packers fan when they were Favre's team, so I kinda always have an eye on them anyway. Plus plus, Pack winning it all means pats* won't. So, with the Jets formally out of contention, I'm going hard for the Pack.

33 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Chiefs.  

I was at Arrowhead opening day 2005.  Great, and respectful, fans.  Love their team.

It feels like it could be their turn.  The Chiefs, not the Steelers, have the best chance in the AFC to win in Foxboro.  Steelers don't play so hot on the road and their defense isn't good enough.

The Chiefs have a primarily chain moving offense, with big play ability too thanks to Tyreek, that doesn't turn the ball over.   Along with a good defense that can rush the passer.   Good Special Teams, also with Tyreek as a returner.

The Steelers have Big Ben, the Chiefs have Alex Smith. The defense rests. Packers-Steelers Super Bowl.

wow. Shocked at all the Giants-hate.

Some the best football I've ever watched in my life has been the NYG. Mostly because I watched most of them with my Dad those Parcells years. My father speaks of SB 25 like he witnessed the parting of the Red Sea.  I guess I'm just not a hater.

I want the Chiefs to win it all.

The WC games are all gonna be dog sh*t..blowouts all around probably with the NYG-Packers the lone exception.

The divisional rounds could shape up to be classics if all the favorites win.

and some real intriguing SB possibilities...

Cowboys vs. Pats would get all-time hype and ratings

NYG-Pats III would be great if NYG go 3-0 vs them. Unlikely this year. Defense is good, but not as good as previous champs

Pats-Seahawks II - Carroll passes for a 1 yd TD just for sh*ts and giggles

Pats-GB - Rodgers vs. Brady

5 hours ago, PS17 said:

Too bad the Pats will sleepwalk into another Super Bowl. This is the worst AFC field I've ever seen.

Yes unfortunately Pats are going to be in the SUPERBOWL again.   Brady must have sold his sole to the devil while he was in grade school.

I'm hoping Matt Ryan and the Falcons come out of nowhere and win the SB this year. I followed him at BC when I was in hs and I always wanted him to do better in the post season.

I wouldn't mind the Chiefs, Giants, Cowboys doing well though. I get sick of the Steelers, Pats, and Seahawks being so relevant all the time

14 hours ago, dolphann4life said:

Unlikely to happen, but you don't want to live in a world where the Miami Dolphins are superbowl champions.....trust me.

The Dolphins can win 5 super bowls in a row and I still would have no respect for J-LO, Marc, Jimmy Buffet and all the other celebrity owners and their lovely uniforms. It would be funny however since you have all New Yorkers and ex-jets running the team.

12 hours ago, BRONX DUDE said:

Yes unfortunately Pats are going to be in the SUPERBOWL again.   Brady must have sold his sole to the devil while he was in grade school.

I hear the devil is partial to a nice piece of fish ... :ph34r:

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Looking forward to watching good competitive exciting football where well coached teams with quality players battle it out. 

Except where the NE Cheaters are concerned. :D 

Gun to head, I think I'd root for KC ... better chance of actually winning it, and they're good due to being a team, rather than having a few superstars that overshadow the concept of this being a team sport.

And though it might sound mean, I don't want a first-time winner, like Detroit ... the more teams that are around that we can say, "well, at least we've won a Superbowl" about, the better. :D 

8 hours ago, PS17 said:

Aren't you noble. 

I wouldn't say so, no.

But I freely admit I don't understand how Jets fans can root, actively, for other teams.

Passive, watch the games, not care who wins (or root against our hated rivals, like the Pats) sure, fine.

But to actively root for another team?  Do you buy their hats too?  Wear their jerseys?  Fanboi their players? 

Must be the Fantasy Football/Free Agency Era tbqh, dilutes truly dedicated single-team fandom IMO, makes fans start liking and following players on other teams other than their favorite team, and start rooting for them as well.

/shrug, to each their own.  

19 hours ago, Shadetree said:

wow. Shocked at all the Giants-hate.

Some the best football I've ever watched in my life has been the NYG. Mostly because I watched most of them with my Dad those Parcells years. My father speaks of SB 25 like he witnessed the parting of the Red Sea.  I guess I'm just not a hater.

I want the Chiefs to win it all.

The WC games are all gonna be dog sh*t..blowouts all around probably with the NYG-Packers the lone exception.

The divisional rounds could shape up to be classics if all the favorites win.

and some real intriguing SB possibilities...

Cowboys vs. Pats would get all-time hype and ratings

NYG-Pats III would be great if NYG go 3-0 vs them. Unlikely this year. Defense is good, but not as good as previous champs

Pats-Seahawks II - Carroll passes for a 1 yd TD just for sh*ts and giggles

Pats-GB - Rodgers vs. Brady

Do you live in NY?

AFC: Chiefs all the way, don't want Pitt, but I'll take them over NE, the rest don't have a prayer

NFC: I like Eli, but I can't root for the Giants, I wouldn't mind Atl, as Freeman helped me win a Fantasy title this year and I love how he plays.  Any team that can beat NE is who I want in.  I think GB has the best chance Rodgers seems poised to win another now, followed by Atl then Dall I guess, although I really don't want them in there.  I think Sea is not a great team this year, Det has a puncher's chance.

My Picks:

GB over NYG, Sea over Det, Pitt over Mia, Hou over Oak

GB over Dall, Atl over Sea; NE over Hou, KC over Pitt

GB over Atl; KC over NE (hope and a prayer)

GB over KC

Archived