Chan retires, 5 coaches fired.

southtown24th

13 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

It has little to do with the Johnson Brothers, and more to do with the situation you're bringing people into.

Given the chance to build something of their own, most will come.

Asking people to come here to hitch their wagon to a losing proposition though is not gonna work

I don't understand the false disjunctive here.  Johnson ownership and management of this team IS part of the situation with the Jets.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name to watch as an up and coming coach: Matt Nagy.  Currently co-offensive coordinator/QB Coach for the Chiefs.    

Also, Nick Foles will most likely be cut this offseason as his contract has him making $10.4M as a backup.  Could be a cheap alternative at QB.  Was not impressed by Foles in the Jaguars' game, but in that Colts' game he looked pretty good.  16 of 22 223yds 2tds playing 60% of the snaps.  Career wise: Foles is 60.4% 219.4 Y/G 56 TD, 27 Ints, 88.1 Quarterback Rating

19 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

You're not going to convince anyone good to come here to work with Bowles...that's the damn problem, and why if you're gonna fire everyone nearly under him which is an act of desperation at least in appearance then you should fire Bowles also.  Just like when we tried this with Rex, what you're gonna get is Sparano/Mornigweg 2.0.  It is doomed to fail...and now you have young QB's going to be subjected to 3 OC's in 3 years etc.

Just do what is right and start again...screw what everyone thinks about that decision.  You'll get better people in here starting from scratch than you will asking them if they want to hitch their wagon to Todd Bowles.

Jeesh.

It's usually a bad sign when your head coach is cleaning house less than two years after being hired.  Band aid.  The end is near.

10 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

It's usually a bad sign when your head coach is cleaning house less than two years after being hired.  Band aid.  The end is near.

The question is: Who is firing them?  If it is coming from Woody we are screwed.  If it is coming from Bowles?  Might be fine.  He hired his guys.  Things obviously got ugly in the foxhole this year.  You have to dump the dead wood and go from there. I'm sure Bowles isn't happy with how much of this went down and he should be dumping guys that are yapping to the press regarding Hackenberg in closed practice, not holding players accountable or going against what he is trying to do. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

The question is: Who is firing them?  If it is coming from Woody we are screwed.  If it is coming from Bowles?  Might be fine.  He hired his guys.  Things obviously got ugly in the foxhole this year.  You have to dump the dead wood and go from there. I'm sure Bowles isn't happy with how much of this went down and he should be dumping guys that are yapping to the press regarding Hackenberg in closed practice, not holding players accountable or going against what he is trying to do. 

Bowles.  He felt his seating getting hot.

26 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Pettine is good, but he's not dumb enough to subject himself to this.

I spoke to a Browns insider at the combine this off-season and asked what he thought of Pettine from his years there, his exact words were "Ugh, guy was in way over his head.  A High School coach who hired all of his buddies".

I tend to agree...but to each his own.

20 hours ago, varjet said:

I don't know how many more of these dances the Jets have left.  No one is going to want to work for the Johnson brothers.

Keep telling yourself this.  

Right up until they hire another coach.  

Jets money is as good as anyone else's. 

Archived