Chan retires, 5 coaches fired.

southtown24th

1 minute ago, August said:

He was a solid OC, hate to see him go. Can our QB coach be his successor or will we go outside to find a replacement?

Not only do we need to go outside, but he needs to bring in a proven guy like Norv Turner and let him have full control of the O staff.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, JiF said:

Perfect situation when you're breaking in 2 young project QB's. 

Or perhaps the Jets were brilliant that they didn't waste any time actually coaching Hackenberg this year.  You don't really have to worry about a QB's learning curve with the differences in offenses if he never even learned the last one, right?

25 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Hey, neg rep me all you want for my vid on Gailey.  But I'm not the clueless dick who ran our offense.  Decided to forgo TEs, a competent QB, etc....   Face it, Gailey was, is, and will forever be a joke.  Have at it. LMFAO!

Hmmmmmmm  I see...

Which TE on the Jets roster do you feel has been held back by Chan and which competent QB has he held back as well?

10 minutes ago, Barkus said:

I believe he was Toilet's first choice 2yrs ago, but he took another job instead. ?raiders perhaps.

He was OC for the Browns when Pettine was HC and actually made them look decent with little talent.  Was the QB coach of the Eagles this past season.

He was the QB coach for Oakland back in 2012.  2015 he was OC for the Browns and was let go after Pettine got fired.

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If this is true and not just professional window dressing of a firing, it's unbelievable.

Lame duck OC leading two young QB's to oblivion?

If there is a Jets Dysfunction list, this is Top 5 material.

SAR I

It shows what I say about the Jets.

They don't have a plan!

Absolutely MIND-BOGGLING!! 

A few years ago my boss hired 3 new people for our department... 2 of them turned out to be terrible, despite an extensive interviewing process, and the whole group suffered for it.

Those 2 people were fired, my boss stayed on, hired 2 new people, and we became a productive department again.

The bottom-line was that he made hiring mistakes, but management realized that despite the hiring issues he was a good boss that could get things done with the right people in place, so they gave him that chance instead of tossing him out with the 2 bad hires. He learned from his hiring mistakes, and the 2 new people we have are great.

I'm not claiming TB is perfect or even a good coach. The point is you don't have to fire someone just because you also fire someone they hired. My boss fully accepted that he hired the wrong people. Doesn't mean he needed to fall on the sword for it. You learn, and you make the needed changes so you and your group can succeed. 

KC Rogers was the CEO of the most under performing defensive unit in as long as I can remember and he appears to be safe.  They DON'T RESPECT KC ROGERS.  If they did they wouldn't have laid down like pathetic mutts over and over and over again.

15 minutes ago, Barkus said:

I believe he was Toilet's first choice 2yrs ago, but he took another job instead. ?raiders perhaps.

He took the OC job with the Browns in 2015.  Honestly don't remember his name floating around for OC 2 years ago but my memory isn't what it used to be.

Just now, Pac said:

KC Rogers was the CEO of the most under performing defensive unit in as long as I can remember and he appears to be safe.  They DON'T RESPECT KC ROGERS.  If they did they wouldn't have laid down like pathetic mutts over and over and over again.

Was he? Still don't know

7 minutes ago, C Mart said:

yes

As coach:

Fordham (2000)
Quarterbacks coach

Notre Dame (2001–2002)
Graduate assistant

Columbia (2003–2004)
Quarterbacks coach

New York Giants (2005–2006)
Offensive quality control coordinator

Oakland Raiders (2007–2008)
Quarterbacks coach

New York Jets (2009)
Quarterbacks coach

San Jose State (2010)
Quarterbacks coach

San Jose State (2011)
Offensive coordinator & quarterbacks coach

Oakland Raiders (2012–2014)
Quarterbacks coach

Cleveland Browns (2015)
Offensive coordinator

Philadelphia Eagles (2016–present)
Quarterbacks coach

Wait your saying we have a chance at getting the 2015 Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator??  YES!!

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Or perhaps the Jets were brilliant that they didn't waste any time actually coaching Hackenberg this year.  You don't really have to worry about a QB's learning curve with the differences in offenses if he never even learned the last one, right?

This is a great point but you're giving the Jets wayyyyy too much credit. 

2 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

He took the OC job with the Browns in 2015.  Honestly don't remember his name floating around for OC 2 years ago but my memory isn't what it used to be.

Believe HC rumors were floating around too

Just now, JiF said:

This is a great point but you're giving the Jets wayyyyy too much credit. 

You mean giving them any credit at all?

Although in all seriousness, if Gailey really had planned to retire all along, I would not be at all shocked if he had no interest in getting a rookie game-ready, which could explain (although certainly not excuse) some things.

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

Here is the problem with a new offensiveCordinator. next year Bowles will be fired and we will probably stick the new coach with the current offense of coordinator.  instead of letting the new coach pick his own guys. 

A legit concern.  And the ferris wheel of dysfunction continues...

I don't expect this team to compete until 2020 anyway.

The Jets are expected to target Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo and former Chargers coach Mike McCoy as OC options, according to Adam Caplan of ESPN.com and Albert Breer of The MMQB

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer 

One potential Jets OC target: ex-Chargers coach Mike McCoy, who will have plenty of options.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the Jets are interested in Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo for their offensive coordinator vacancy.

A sprightly 38 by coaching standards, DeFilippo had a well-regarded year as Derek Carr's QBs coach in 2014 before overseeing a number of career years for the otherwise dispiriting 2015 Cleveland Browns. He would be an excellent hire for Gang Green, but the Eagles don't have to grant permission to interview.

Jan 3 - 1:48 PM

Archived