Chan retires, 5 coaches fired.

southtown24th

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The year Sanchez had DeFilippo as his QB coach, he had beautiful footwork and a gorgeous throwing motion.  Then Rex canned him for his Baltimore Butt Buddy, Matt Cavanaugh, and Sanchez regressed.

People don't want to admit the point you make here but it is true and it is something Sanchez never could recapture.

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

This was pure speculation by fans and maybe the media due to Patullo's ties to Gailey.  Its obvious though that Patullo a WR coach converted to QB coach was not successful at his job.

When you have 4 QBs and 3 show marginal development, while the 4th has his worst seasons in 3 years... yeah, it's time to go.

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73 

Writing was on wall with Pepper Johnson. Appeared he and Bowles didn't particularly mesh.

Pepper Johnson seemed like one of the better position coaches. Apparently, this purge has nothing to do with people doing a good job. This strikes me as 100% ridding the room of objective, or challenging, opinions to further insulate Bowles with yes-men as he fails miserably.

So, basically, it's Rex Ryan all over again.

13 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

For what it's worth

Carson Palmer views Browns OC John DeFilippo as head-coach material, 49ers are giving him interview for their job
Browns offensive coordinator John DeFilippo has suitors, and the quarterbacks who have been tutored by him aren't surprised.
DeFilippo is interviewing with the San Francisco 49ers for their head-coaching vacancy on Friday, and he has received permission to meet with the St. Louis Rams early next week about their offensive coordinator position, a source familiar with the situation confirmed.
DeFilippo, 37, became the offensive coordinator of the Browns last year after Kyle Shanahan resigned from the same post with two years left on a three-year contract.
This season was DeFilippo's first as an NFL coordinator, but Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer has viewed him as head-coaching material for a long time. Before DeFilippo joined the Browns, his second tour as quarterbacks coach of the Oakland Raiders spanned 2012-14. Palmer played for him 2012 before the Raiders traded the veteran to the Cardinals.
"You knew it right away. You could see it right away. You could see a potential head coach," Palmer said of DeFilippo during a conference call in October. "Just his whole philosophy and the way he saw the game, you could tell he is going to be a great coordinator. I have had a chance, just because we are playing against a bunch of AFC North teams, I have seen Cleveland on offense a number of times.
"He is doing a great job. He gets the ball out of the quarterback’s hand. He does lots of screens. They run the ball effectively. He takes his shots. Always been a big fan since we had the chance to work together, and I have enjoyed watching them play on offense because he is doing a great job."
Under DeFilippo's command, the Browns' rankings were not impressive. They finished 25th in total offense (331.9 yards per game) and 30th in scoring (17.4 points per game). They ranked 21st in passing (236.4) and 22nd in rushing (95.6).
But their 4,155 passing yards were the fourth-most in franchise history. They also compiled at least 4,000 passing yards and 1,500 rushing yards in a single season for the fourth time in team history, accomplishing the feat in 1980, 1981 and 1986.
Although the running game disappeared for the vast majority of DeFilippo's only season with the Browns, its strong finish reflects well on the Youngstown native. In the last quarter of the season, the team averaged 160.5 rushing yards per game.
"I love Flip," Raiders quarterback Derek Carr, who spent his rookie season with DeFilippo, said during a conference call in September. "He was huge in my development, working with me every day, spending extra hours with me here at the building. He’s a guy that I could keep going for 10 minutes about. I have too many good things to say about him. I’d take all of our time here. The nicest things that I could say about Flip I would because he means the world to me, and he knows that."

Sorry, can I have a link to this please?  the lack of formatting here and the wall of text hurts the eyes lol

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I have yet to see anybody give an actual accurate account on what Kacy Rodgers does. Rap says he called plays late in the season, Cimini said he basically ran the defense in meetings, people on here said he lost play calling privileges.

What did this guy do?

He cups Bowles balls, and tells him he's doing a good job.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

If this is true and not just professional window dressing of a firing, it's unbelievable.

Lame duck OC leading two young QB's to oblivion?

If there is a Jets Dysfunction list, this is Top 5 material.

SAR I

Seriously, I thought I had reached a point where there was nothing else they could do this year to piss me off... but this takes the cake. 

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is why Bowles will hire some jag for the position.

Exactly!   Todd ain't hiring McCoy or Norv.   Too easy to fire TB and insert one of these guys as interim HC. 

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Pepper Johnson seemed like one of the better position coaches. Apparently, this purge has nothing to do with people doing a good job. This strikes me as 100% ridding the room of objective, or challenging, opinions to further insulate Bowles with yes-men as he fails miserably.

So, basically, it's Rex Ryan all over again.

wasn't everyone complaining the DL underperformed?

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Jets have a few OC candidates in mind. Again, Eagles QB coach John DeFilippo expected to be among them.

No OC with a track record for success will come here just to get fired next year. Not surprised DeFlippo is the choice . We will hire a first time coordinator  looking for his promotion  

1 minute ago, Jet Life said:

No OC with a track record for success will come here just to get fired next year. Not surprised DeFlippo is the choice . We will hire a first time coordinator  looking for his promotion  

DeFilippo already has been a coordinator (even interviewed for HC), so that kind of spoils your thought.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

sort of.

without the whole better run of prosperity than you've ever seen in your life thing.

that other part is irrelevant, protecting his buddies was part of Rex's downfall... regardless of what he did with Mangini's team

Fascinating really

Jets end ties with OC and fire 5 coaching assistants

A number of posters here erupt in anger and condescension with rants whine and witless attempts at jokes and GIFs

The fascinating part

If the Jets did nothing

OR

Fired every single staff member

OR

Extended all their coaches with 5 year deals

MOST of the exact same gaggle of posters would....you guessed it...

erupt in anger and condescension with rants whines and witless attempts at jokes and GIFs

2 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Fascinating really

A number of posters here erupt in anger and condescension with rants whine and witless attempts at jokes and GIFs

The fascinating part

If the Jets did nothing

OR

OR

erupt in anger and condescension with rants whines and witless attempts at jokes and GIFs

Link?

Fascinating really

The fascinating part

If the Jets did nothing

OR

OR

/slowly puts pitchfork back in shed

34 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Seriously, I thought I had reached a point where there was nothing else they could do this year to piss me off... but this takes the cake. 

After Carr's rookie season the Raiders did the same thing (change coordinators, coaches, system, etc). Patullo was being groomed to take over for Chan so the retirement doesn't automatically make it a lame duck situation. Then the season happened and the team decided they want to go in a whole new direction on offense and he gets axed too.  

I'm a big defender of QBs and a supporter of stability, but if our two kids can't handle a simple system change, that could be a big improvement and more geared towards pro style, then they were never going to be the answer. Hackenberg, the one the focus will be on, spent one year in Chan's system.  Petty only spent 2 in there.  Everyone is blowing this up to be bigger than it is, IMO.

Fascinating really

The fascinating part

If the Jets did nothing

OR

OR

And you would have a response similar to this no matter the outcome? 

Thats the most fascinating. :-) 

Archived