Bring back Fireman Ed

Do you want Fireman Ed back leading the J-E-T-S chant?   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Fireman Ed back leading the J-E-T-S chant?

8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

As if ed has anything to do with us winning or losing

Nothing to do with winning or losing its about fans cheering on the team and showing some emotion other than when a dime store t-shirt is flying through the air. 

The J-E-T-S chant gave our fans some identity in a good way. 

• Thumb Down 1
4 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

Tackling the big issues.:wacko:

We as fans cannot tackle the team issues, unless of course you believe they run the Jets off of a message board which might seem believable but highly unlikely. 

We can change the overall atmosphere at the stadium by supporting the lies of Fireman Ed and suggesting to the Jets to bring him back. 

The new guy no offense not working, the video board not working in my opinion. 

Enhance the environment for Jets fans and give us home field advantage. 

• Thumb Down 1
18 minutes ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

I understand what you want to do but Ed was not fired or let go. He stopped doing the chant of his own volition. Not sure what plan you have to change his mind.

Can't really offer any more vacation time. The Jets have been kind in giving us all January and February off lol.

2 minutes ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

To be honest they kind of gave us most of Oct, Nov, and December off too. Lol or should that be they took off then?

They took off, we had to put in the same hours every Sunday. :)

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

20-8 in favor  come on guys lets hear your voice on all this as I'm going to persue this matter with the NY Jets. 

I just called.  They are not interested.

SAR I

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Who you kidding they have your number blocked or they all get an alert when you call. 

You need to stop trying to bring someone back who doesn't want to come back because his two or three other comebacks were an epic disaster.

You forget that Fireman Ed left because things changed in the new stadium and people weren't paying attention to him. And since he was there for the recognition and the attention it became embarrassing for him to try to rile up a group that had no interest.

The apex of this situation occurred in 2011 or 2012 when there was a heavily publicized pregame event called "The Worlds Biggest J-E-T-S Chant" was held. About 1000 fans were on the field spelling out JETS. It was supposed to be this big thing to pump up the team as they came out of the tunnel. Ed started to chant, and no one in the crowd responded. Ed did it a second time. Again, no response. He eventually grabbed a microphone, stood up on a podium, and said "LET ME HEAR YOU!" "LET ME HEAR YOU!" It didn't work. He didn't attempt it again, it fizzled out, he walked off tail between legs. My buddies in my section were hysterical at first and then started checking their phones.

His last "comeback" was on September 15, 2015 where he returned to lead the chant and hand it off to new chant leaders.  Fans in the stands don't care, they barely make a sound.

Like I said, this was a slow death of a passing fad like the Wave or the Macarena accelerated by the fact that the person leading this pro-Jets chant was decidedly anti-Jets and walked out on us in a time of need.  Give it up already.  Get a dog.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You need to stop trying to bring someone back who doesn't want to come back because his two or three other comebacks were an epic disaster.

You forget that Fireman Ed left because things changed in the new stadium and people weren't paying attention to him. And since he was there for the recognition and the attention it became embarrassing for him to try to rile up a group that had no interest.

The apex of this situation occurred in 2011 or 2012 when there was a heavily publicized pregame event called "The Worlds Biggest J-E-T-S Chant" was held. About 1000 fans were on the field spelling out JETS. It was supposed to be this big thing to pump up the team as they came out of the tunnel. Ed started to chant, and no one in the crowd responded. Ed did it a second time. Again, no response. He eventually grabbed a microphone, stood up on a podium, and said "LET ME HEAR YOU!" "LET ME HEAR YOU!" It didn't work. He didn't attempt it again, it fizzled out, he walked off tail between legs. My buddies in my section were hysterical at first and then started checking their phones.

His last "comeback" was on September 15, 2015 where he returned to lead the chant and hand it off to new chant leaders.  Fans in the stands don't care, they barely make a sound.

Like I said, this was a slow death of a passing fad like the Wave or the Macarena accelerated by the fact that the person leading this pro-Jets chant was decidedly anti-Jets and walked out on us in a time of need.  Give it up already.  Get a dog.

SAR I

All this tells me is we need to get more real diehard Jets fans back in the seats and get rid of the lame ass fans that are occupying them now. 

Get a life. 

joewilly12 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

All this tells me is we need to get more real diehard Jets fans back in the seats and get rid of the lame ass fans that are occupying them now. 

Get a life. 

joewilly12 

You're exactly right, get all you old timers who quit on the Jets using the PSL's as an excuse and cheer your little white haired hearts out.  Or they could just pass on.  That would work too.

Get a death.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You're exactly right, get all you old timers who quit on the Jets using the PSL's as an excuse and cheer your little white haired hearts out.  Or they could just pass on.  That would work too.

Get a death.

SAR I

SAR I Im pretty sure you are older than me. 

Wishing me dead should get you banned. 

joewilly12 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I Im pretty sure you are older than me. 

Wishing me dead should get you banned. 

joewilly12 

Telling me I have no life is the same thing.

What happened to your "peace be with you" schtick.  It was better than this Fireman Ed nonsense.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Telling me I have no life is the same thing.

What happened to your "peace be with you" schtick.  It was better than this Fireman Ed nonsense.

SAR I

No its not. 

Sadly SAR I fans like you bring out the worst in me. 

Goodbye SAR I 

You've chosen to ignore content by SAR I

joewilly12 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

No its not. 

Sadly SAR I fans like you bring out the worst in me. 

joewilly12 

I'm one of the few people who talks to you.  You should treat me better.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Get a life. 

joewilly12 

I like the chant. I met Ed a few times and he seems like a good guy. I was with Max when Bob Kraft stopped at the tailgate to tell Ed thanks for all he does as a fan for the NFL. Some fans don't like it. I am not going to act like I can speak for the majority of fans on either side because no one can really do that. That being said if you want to put JETS fans in the seats, die hard or casual fans just put a quality product on the field for games. Problem solved

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

I like the chant. I met Ed a few times and he seems like a good guy. I was with Max when Bob Kraft stopped at the tailgate to tell Ed thanks for all he does as a fan for the NFL. Some fans don't like it. I am not going to act like I can speak for the majority of fans on either side because no one can really do that. That being said if you want to put JETS fans in the seats, die hard or casual fans just put a quality product on the field for games. Problem solved

Agree and like I've been saying for years the night we win the Super Bowl there will be people bitching about something. Dont like the chant sit down and shut up while others root and support the team, It used to be great when the players encouraged it and danced while it was going on getting fired up the entire stadium rocked the J-E-T-S chant,these new stiffs most of them anyway at the stadium are worse than the product on the field. Its a football game want the opera or a play go there. Ed needs to lead that chant once again even if the Jets choose to put a video on the big screens to get the crowd going.