Chip Kelly willing to be a Coordinator

JoJoTownsell1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sign this beast 

It's a hail mary for Bowles who is likely out after the year. Plus he helped the Niners get the 2nd pick in the draft this year so maybe he can do one better next year and get us Darnold. We aren't getting anyone good to come here when they know Bowles will be fired if things go south. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's a hail mary for Bowles who is likely out after the year. Plus he helped the Niners get the 2nd pick in the draft this year so maybe he can do one better next year and get us Darnold. We aren't getting anyone good to come here when they know Bowles will be fired if things go south. 

Exactly if we're going to go down might as well go down in flames. 

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Hell no. Can you imagine this undisciplined team trying to run an insane hurry up offense . We'd lead the league with like 9,000 false start penalties.

Not necessarily when Petty got creamed no one of the O line moved..LOL 

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Where do you get this stuff from?  

We aren't getting anyone.  Who wants to come here?  Makes no sense.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

No head coach hanging by a thread will bring in an ex-head coach.  Too much of a threat to his job with a made-to-order interim head coach on the payroll.

SAR I

Assuming that his head is hanging by anything.  

8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Hell no. Can you imagine this undisciplined team trying to run an insane hurry up offense . We'd lead the league with like 9,000 false start penalties.

And then have to listen to JW cry that they all have to go? 

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No head coach hanging by a thread will bring in an ex-head coach.  Too much of a threat to his job with a made-to-order interim head coach on the payroll.

SAR I

The only person Chip Kelly is a threat to is the owner who hired him.  I agree 100% with your point, just not with this particular guy. 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

He's been a failure at the Pro level.  Why specifically would we want him as a Coordinator?

He was a failure as a Head Coach. Doesn't mean he'd be a failure as OC.

Some people just aren't suited for HC and are better as a coordinator (ie Norv Turner)

Just now, King P said:

He was a failure as a Head Coach. Doesn't mean he'd be a failure as OC.

Some people just aren't suited for HC and are better as a coordinator (ie Norv Turner)

So tell us why we should want him as our O-Co, and how his Pro-level resume supports the idea that he'd be successful at that role.

Good we can then sign Kaep.  

Sign me off as a no thanks on this one. Our players would all wind up in injured reserve with Kelly and I would rather take another swing at Sanchez with Geno as his backup than have keap on our roster as our fourth stringer.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So tell us why we should want him as our O-Co, and how his Pro-level resume supports the idea that he'd be successful at that role.

I mean it is an interesting question. Because it's not like Foles, Vick or Kaep or any of his players really achieved that much without him. He is bad at picking personnel. But he does seem to get the most out of the bad ones he picks. lol

Also he does run a good offense. Many respected head coaches agree.

Chip Kelly's entire system is built for college and only college. It relies upon having a handful of good players who can create mismatches and playing quickly to keep defenses unprepared to maximize the opportunities for defensive errors. He's very good at teaching college players to do a few things very well very quickly.

That doesn't work in the NFL where the disparity between players is minimal and defenders have enough experience and technique to defend against that kind of offense. 

He should have stayed in college where he could have reigned as a juggernaut until retirement. 

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

well, maybe a game that takes like 68 hours to finish will make the league force Johnson to fire bowles.

If we're going to bring in an ex headcoach to be the OC it should 20000000000000% be Bill O'Brien (If he gets fired). This team doesn't have the mental capability to run a fast paced offense. We don't do anything face paced lol unless its letting wrs go for 80yd tds

Archived