Chip Kelly willing to be a Coordinator

JoJoTownsell1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Would we notice the difference? 

Probably not but picture the scene.  Its training camp Chip is hurrying his offensive players to line of scrimmage to go uptempo. Mo and Sheldon are walking around saying sorry homey we don't play that here , meanwhile Revis is seen 10 yards in the secondary chasing butterflies. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, August said:

I'd bring in Chip. What do we have to lose?

The franchise is outright moribund right now. Literally no one cares about the team, at all, and they just rearranged the deck chairs on this really boring version of the Titanic by firing a bunch of position coaches. Basically, we're all just waiting around for the next 18 months until they fire Bowles, and that's not really how you can market PSLs to the saps out there who pay for them. Hiring Chip Kelly at least gives the Jets and their fans a little buzz going into next year, because lord knows nothing else will outside of trading for Drew Brees or some sh*t. Someone in that godforsaken building has to be aware of how irrelevant the team and the brand is right now, and even a dimbulb like Bowles has to know that fan apathy will get him fired even faster than ineptitude will. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The franchise is outright moribund right now. Literally no one cares about the team, at all, and they just rearranged the deck chairs on this really boring version of the Titanic by firing a bunch of position coaches. Basically, we're all just waiting around for the next 18 months until they fire Bowles, and that's not really how you can market PSLs to the saps out there who pay for them. Hiring Chip Kelly at least gives the Jets and their fans a little buzz going into next year, because lord knows nothing else will outside of trading for Drew Brees or some sh*t. Someone in that godforsaken building has to be aware of how irrelevant the team and the brand is right now, and even a dimbulb like Bowles has to know that fan apathy will get him fired even faster than ineptitude will. 

We're the Art Howe Mets right now . 

I would take a shot on him, mainly because the personnel matches a spread system. We have size/speed mismatches with Enunwa/Anderson/Peake with speed slot guys in Jalin Marshall and Devin Smith. Marshall/Decker slides into any system, but everything else points to spread. Even our RBs are very adept at catching out of the backfield.

This is not a team built for ground and pound because our RBs operate better in space.

This is not a team built for WC offense because we don't have precise route runners on the team.

We have guys who have physical advatages, which works best for a spread system. Contrary to the Air Raid system, Kelly runs a system that has placed in the top half for rushing percentages in terms of use.

His main issue is that he believes in a system and shuns guys who refuse to be in. It works best in college, but not in the pros. However, without ultimate personnel power, he can focus on offense, which is his forte.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was thinking more football reasons but you're right, this move will definitely bring a buzz to the team and create excitement. 

1 minute ago, August said:

I was thinking more football reasons but you're right, this move will definitely bring a buzz to the team and create excitement. 

It's a coin flip as to whether or not Kelly can get results here, but the same can be said for anyone else desperate enough to take this gig.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It's a coin flip as to whether or not Kelly can get results here, but the same can be said for anyone else desperate enough to take this gig.

He got good/decent seasons out of Vick, Foles, Sanchez, Bradford and Kaepernick. And we have good talent on offense. I'm intrigued by Chip running this offense. 

45 minutes ago, August said:

He got good/decent seasons out of Vick, Foles, Sanchez, Bradford and Kaepernick. And we have good talent on offense. I'm intrigued by Chip running this offense. 

I figured this would be a good time to keep everyone up to speed with Mark Sanchez's career:

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I'm torn. On one hand, bringing in Kelly as OC ensures that he will systematically undermine Bowles and position himself to be HC after Bowles does get fired, because Kelly is an exceptionally savvy slimeball and Maccagnan is kind of a sucker. On the other, the well of necro'ing I would get to dip into off your past Kelly posts would provide me with days of entertainment.

23 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm torn. On one hand, bringing in Kelly as OC ensures that he will systematically undermine Bowles and position himself to be HC after Bowles does get fired, because Kelly is an exceptionally savvy slimeball and Maccagnan is kind of a sucker. On the other, the well of necro'ing I would get to dip into off your past Kelly posts would provide me with days of entertainment.

10227056515_8cb331b0c9.jpg 

39 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The entire reason I returned to this site at all was to give you the opportunity to bludgeon me with necros, so we both kinda win in this scenario 

20 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's like the ending of Sicario, only you're actually requesting that we kill your family.

Not gonna lie. I watched it all the way up until del Toro shoots her in the tunnel then I bailed to go out and never got back to it 

Here are Kelly's brilliant ideas to help his offense:

-Line up and snap at break neck speed so that it makes your defense spend the majority of the game on the field.

-Trade a totally serviceable McCoy to Buffalo

-Let a totally serviceable Maclin leave via free agency

-Create a fabricated story to cut a deep threat in DeSean Jackson

-Ignored the O-line, and let Evan Mathis walk

-Brought in an abused horse in Demarco Murray

-Thought Sam Bradford was his savior.

Let's keep this guy away from the team

Why would he even come here to take the offensive coordinator position? This is a guy that coached Kaepernick to one of his best seasons and made Foles look like a pro bowl qb. He's going to end up on the Pats as either an assistant head coach, or offensive coordinator once McDaniels leaves and is going to tear us a new ***hole with Brady. He has a lot better job opportunities then being oc on the Jets and having front row seats on this sinking ship. Only, way we land him is if we make a back door deal with him to be the head coach. Which would be retarded, because if we are going to start doing things like that we might as well fire Bowles.

16 hours ago, Warfish said:

He's been a failure at the Pro level.  Why specifically would we want him as a Coordinator?

I will take it two steps further:

1. Why would we want an offensive style that won't win the Super Bowl.

2. Why would they fire Gailey who was running the spread, then start looking for a more traditional O\C that will rely on tight ends and running backs, then bring in Chip.

Archived