What will Minnesota do with Sam Bradford?

deucebag

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bridgewaters injury was pretty severe. They were talking career ending maybe? Not sure about because I have not seen any updates on him. Usually thats not a good sign. They keep Bradford until Bridgewater is actually taking reps. Until then Bradford is going nowhere. IF he is traded it won't be for a 1st rounder or multiple picks.

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

There's no way you trade the #6 pick for Sam Bradford. No way

I didn't say that, I said Bradford and a 2nd Rnd pick.

He had a great season, 71% completion %. 3,800 yds, 20TDs and only 5 picks.

Just now, deucebag said:

I didn't say that, I said Bradford and a 2nd Rnd pick.

He had a great season, 71% completion %. 3,800 yds, 20TDs and only 5 picks.

I don't even think I'd do it for Bradford and their first round pick.... he's nothing special by any stretch

5 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Assuming Teddy B comes back healthy doesn't seem to make sense to keep both. I would offer the #1 pick for Bradford and a #2.

Let's forget that Teddy's knee exploded and he likely won't be the same player. Trading anything for Sam Bradford, especially a number 1 and 2 is beyond unreasonable. He's just not very good. 

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Bridgewaters injury was pretty severe. They were talking career ending maybe? Not sure about because I have not seen any updates on him. Usually thats not a good sign. They keep Bradford until Bridgewater is actually taking reps. Until then Bradford is going nowhere. IF he is traded it won't be for a 1st rounder or multiple picks.

Agree with this. Bradford is insurance for Bridgewater. If Teddy comes back and is ok then maybe Bradford is available , but certainly not for a 1st rounder.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Let's forget that Teddy's knee exploded and he likely won't be the same player. Trading anything for Sam Bradford, especially a number 1 and 2 is beyond unreasonable. He's just not very good. 

why are you people misreading?  I said I would give the #1 pick for Bradford and a #2.

Bradford had no running game and a porous offensive line yet put up some impressive stats.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

This isn't fantasy.  They were bottom 3rd in offense. Hell, even in fantasy he kind of sucked. 

their RBs averaged 3.3 YPC...he had NO running game to aid him yet they still put up points.  They failed because of their defense faltering not because of Bradford.

3 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

Offer a 2 this year and a 1 next year .

Just after I try to make a case that there are fans that could produce better results from a personnel standpoint than the "experts" in Florham Park...

A fan suggests something like this.

18 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Assuming Teddy B comes back healthy doesn't seem to make sense to keep both. I would offer the #1 pick for Bradford and a #2.

Forgive me.....

I shouldn't have given you a negative rep but this struck me.

Why would we take a QB who has failed to take his team to the playoffs any year and is paid as if he is one of the NFL's elite?

For example, why not go with Glennon or Tyrod Taylor (if he shakes lose) for about 5 to 6 Million less?

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This isn't fantasy.  They were bottom 3rd in offense. Hell, even in fantasy he kind of sucked. 

FWIW I'm not sure what all the hype is on Bridgewater 1st year 14 TD's 9 Ints Second year 14 TD's 12 Ints  65 % completion rate 3100 yards avg Sacked 39 and 44 times

Sam Bradford 20 TD's 5 Ints 71 % completion rate. 3800 yards  - I would not mind those kind of stats with a great defense Sacked 37 times

I don't think the Vikings are loaded with offensive talent other than Diggs and he was nic'ed up all year. Their O line is a bit on the crappy side as well

Bradford should probably be in the 15 per range

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Forgive me.....

Why would we take a QB who has failed to take his team to the playoffs any year and is paid as if he is one of the NFL's elite?

For example, why not go with Glennon or Tyrod Taylor (if he shakes lose) for about 5 to 6 Million less?

Elite is 20 plus Bradford is probably just slightly over paid

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, no. The answer is no.

what's so horrible about Bradford ? The Vikings are no where near a good offense and Bradford put up pretty good numbers. There is a reason why teams (and there are plenty of them) don't want to pay for a guy like Glennon yet you keep pushing a guy who has not taken a snap in 2 years.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Forgive me.....

Look at the teams Bradford has played on...the Rams had ZERO offensive weapons and Philly had Jordan Matthews.  Eric Decker would be the best WR he has every had to throw to.  Add  Enuwa, hopefully an improved Devin Smith and Anderson and Peake - hmmm.  Beef up the O-Line and find a TE and see what he can do.

Glennon is still an unknown and Taylor is not that good - Buffalo was all about the running game.  At least you know what Bradford can do with  a lack of a supporting cast - and its not too shabby considering.

24 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Neither are any of the QB's on our roster. If the GM and the coaching staff want Bradford go get him. 

22 minutes ago, deucebag said:

why are you people misreading?  I said I would give the #1 pick for Bradford and a #2.

Bradford had no running game and a porous offensive line yet put up some impressive stats.

I don't think the Vikings will trade Braford because Brdigewater may not be able to play next season. He really damaged his knee.

37 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Holy hell, Sam Bradford will have the most 1st rounders traded for him in NFL history

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They don't. If they did they could have gotten him many times. Hard pass. 

Well Carl I think Macc and Bowles will never ever make the same mistake again and hitch the season to the likes of the bearded suck job instead will look to improve at the QB position, hopefully. 

Taylor,Bradford,McCarren sp? all better than what we have, 

Archived