Jamal Adams, S, LSU

Shadetree

Adams is a great talent and has been compared to sean taylor. Someone with speed and good instincts who can cover as a free safety, and also play in the box and blitz. Id rather Tim Williams cause we need a true pass rusher for a decade, but I wouldn't hate this pick.

Ideally, i hope we can trade down and picked up Adams or Hooker from OSU.

19 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Adams is a great talent and has been compared to sean taylor. Someone with speed and good instincts who can cover as a free safety, and also play in the box and blitz. Id rather Tim Williams cause we need a true pass rusher for a decade, but I wouldn't hate this pick.

Sean Taylor !? 

Sign me up

Let's hope the Jets have a trade partner to get some extra picks. F*cking Belichick seems to have someone every year whose willing to move into his spot for future picks. Jets? Bat phone never rings!

You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks.

3 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks.

It's all hindsight

sean Taylor was top 10, right? He was a beast.

2 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

It's all hindsight

sean Taylor was top 10, right? He was a beast.

You can take a safety in the top 10 if you have a great o-line/franchise QB/edge rusher and good corners. A great safety is useless on a team with as many holes that we have. I like Adams. I think he will be very good. But he won't help us win games. Until we get players that help us win games, we can't waste picks on safeties. 

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You can take a safety in the top 10 if you have a great o-line/franchise QB/edge rusher and good corners. A great safety is useless on a team with as many holes that we have. I like Adams. I think he will be very good. But he won't help us win games. Until we get players that help us win games, we can't waste picks on safeties. 

Yeah, exactly. I have no problem taking a safety after you have a QB, LT, DE/OLB, CB and WR.  We have nothing at 4/5 of those positions. 

You trade down and hopefully you do so with the QB desperate Browns team (who are worried YOU will take a QB at 6 but wouldn';t dare pass on Garrett with the #1 overall pick to take a QB) and you get the 10th overall pick and an extra 2nd rounder.

Then you hope Tabor is still on the board (or, let's say the #1 CB in the draft).

Then you use your 2nd round pick, or the Browns 2nd round pick to draft R.Ramzcyk-OT. He will fall b/c of his offseason surgery, missing the combine and pro day, but he will be ready for the season opener. You can plug him right in at RT, eventually he will move over to LT.

Two massive needs addressed with great talent and you still have a high 2nd rounder. Then you take a safety or pass rusher or RB or whoever. I would part ways with Harris and draft Cunningham-MLB. But that's just me.   

The Jets will need a vet at LT to protect their young QB's blind side. You simply can't rely on a rookie. Whether that means resigning Ijalana and putting him there, or re-negotiating Clady or signing a FA, I don't know.  

I would also go all in on J.Collins and finally get a proven Edge Rusher rather than gambling in the draft on one. And you will probably want a vet CB to replace Revis as the #1. Again, you cannot rely on a rookie and Burris is not quite there yet in his development. Gilmore is the top choice but I'd be fine with Amukamara or T.Johnson.  

But you DEFINITELY don't take Adams at #6 overall. That just doesn't make sense for the Jets and most likely will not represent BPA on the board. And yes, I like Adams and think he is a great prospect. 

This draft is supposed to be deep with safeties and corners so there is no need to take Adams especially with Revis potentially moving to safety.

RB Leonard Fornette or OT Cam Robinson would be great picks ups with the 6th pick.

17 minutes ago, Blaq218 said:

This draft is supposed to be deep with safeties and corners so there is no need to take Adams especially with Revis potentially moving to safety.

RB Leonard Fornette or OT Cam Robinson would be great picks ups with the 6th pick.

I would not mind either of those guys. Odds are that Fournette will be off the board, he's that elite of a prospect. But if teams in the top 5 are concerned about his ankle, they may stay away. He may not fill a major need but he is a special player, a BPA type of pick. The Jets will have a 3 headed monster of Fournette, Forte and Powell, which should protect their QB (who may be Hack for all we know) and allow them to focus on a run first type of offense. Forte will also not be around very long. So the pick makes sense to me.

Cam R. would be considered a reach by some at #6 overall. But if he grades out to be the top OT prospect, the he is a pick that makes sense. And if he is our LT for the next 8-10 years then I don't care if the Jets reached. It's only a reach if the player does not work out, right? In hindsight, wouldn't you draft Tom Brady in the 1st round, even if you might have a shot to draft him in the 6th?  

But I would love for the Jets to trade down. To me, plan A is to trade down, plan B is to take BPA like Fournette, plan C is to take the top OT or CB.      

We're not going to know who the BPA is until that pick comes up on draft night. So as far as needs go, our biggest are

1. Offensive Line

2. QB

3. Secondary

4. Pass rusher

I don't think we'll be taking a QB in the first round of this draft. So any of the other 3 positions I'd be fine with us drafting. I have no problem with the Jets drafting a safety. This is apparently a good draft for them.

I'd prefer a more premium position but you need to draft an elite guy at 6 and Adams may be elite, ergo I'd be ok with it.

Cam Robinson seems like too much of a character concern.

I think Fournette will be in play and will be available  at 6 but if you can take another elite guy like an edge rusher and still get someone like Mcaffery RB at the top of the 2nd round - that would be great but when you're picking at 6 obviously we'll have no way to know who will be there in the 2nd round so I trust Mac to get BPA and to hit on this pick.

There should be some beasts available at 6.  Fournette, some edge guys, Adams, Williams the WR from Clemson (though he doesn't seem "sudden" to me), maybe Cam Robinson depending on how he stacks up, and of course we'll see which QB's shoot up.

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

We're not going to know who the BPA is until that pick comes up on draft night. So as far as needs go, our biggest are

1. Offensive Line

2. QB

3. Secondary

4. Pass rusher

I don't think we'll be taking a QB in the first round of this draft. So any of the other 3 positions I'd be fine with us drafting. I have no problem with the Jets drafting a safety. This is apparently a good draft for them.

I agree. But if we take QB out of the equation, I think you can be a bit more specific with the needs. 

O-line: OT to be more specific. LT to be even more specific. THAT'S the biggest need on the O-line.

Secondary: CB to be more specific. Our biggest need is at CB, not safety, IMO. Outside man-press CB, to be even more specific.

Pass Rusher: OLB/Edge rusher to be more specific. No more DE's. The Jets really need a 3-4 OLB who is an elite pass rusher.  

Those are the positions and type of players they need to target, IMO. You don't take a pass rusher if you think he is more of a DE than LB. You don;t take a CB who you think will be relegated to the slot and may not develop into a shut down, man-press outside CB. You take an OT, and only one that you believe can develop into a top notch LT. At least not with such a high draft pick. 

I really like Tim Williams as an OLB pass rusher.

I really like J.Tabor as an outside man-press CB.

I really like C. Robinson and R.Ramczyk as a LT.

Of the 4, only Tabor and Robinson have a chance to go in the top 10- IMO. Ramczyk will probably fall to the 2nd round due to his injury/surgery. T.Williams will probably end up going somewhere in the late teens, early twenties. You could get both guys in a trade down scenario, if the chips fell in place.    

18 hours ago, Shadetree said:

Sports illustrated has us taking him in their newest mock.

I know nothing about him. I'd rather see an OLB PASS RUSHER or Dalvin Cook, but it's early.

you guys have an opinion on taking Adams ?

I can see us going Peppers in the first and Devonte Fields in round 2 to get our pass rusher.

We desperately need a legit free safety and an edge rusher and they are BPA at both spots

8 hours ago, PepPep said:

I agree. But if we take QB out of the equation, I think you can be a bit more specific with the needs. 

O-line: OT to be more specific. LT to be even more specific. THAT'S the biggest need on the O-line.

Secondary: CB to be more specific. Our biggest need is at CB, not safety, IMO. Outside man-press CB, to be even more specific.

Pass Rusher: OLB/Edge rusher to be more specific. No more DE's. The Jets really need a 3-4 OLB who is an elite pass rusher.  

Those are the positions and type of players they need to target, IMO. You don't take a pass rusher if you think he is more of a DE than LB. You don;t take a CB who you think will be relegated to the slot and may not develop into a shut down, man-press outside CB. You take an OT, and only one that you believe can develop into a top notch LT. At least not with such a high draft pick. 

I really like Tim Williams as an OLB pass rusher.

I really like J.Tabor as an outside man-press CB.

I really like C. Robinson and R.Ramczyk as a LT.

Of the 4, only Tabor and Robinson have a chance to go in the top 10- IMO. Ramczyk will probably fall to the 2nd round due to his injury/surgery. T.Williams will probably end up going somewhere in the late teens, early twenties. You could get both guys in a trade down scenario, if the chips fell in place.    

I'd also be fine with Tim Williams in round 1 and moving Revis to FS.  

I think he is one of the surest, most talented and overall best players in the draft.  The kid is an absolute stud, and if he's the bpa on your board, you take him in a heart beat, who cares if he doesn't fit the edge rusher, OT, QB or db1 mold.  We will have many more years where we can pick that. 

Moving down a few spots to draft him makes sense as well, it's all about the value.

4 hours ago, Hael said:

I think he is one of the surest, most talented and overall best players in the draft.  The kid is an absolute stud, and if he's the bpa on your board, you take him in a heart beat, who cares if he doesn't fit the edge rusher, OT, QB or db1 mold.  We will have many more years where we can pick that. 

Moving down a few spots to draft him makes sense as well, it's all about the value.

The more I read about the guy, the more I agree with the post above. If the guy IS Sean Taylor and everyone in the room believes he is Sean Taylor, you snatch him up and don't look back. I know everyone, including me, believes an OLB pass rusher is more of a priority, but do the available pass-rushers equate to this kids talent level for his position? Our pass defense was horrific. I think a Sean Taylor- type that appears to be a "lock" might be better than a 2nd tier pass rusher that appears to be a "maybe."

AND I've been pounding the table for a goddamn OLB pass-rusher for, what feels like, a decade!!

I would NOT be unhappy with this pick.

On 1/4/2017 at 5:47 AM, Adoni Beast said:

Anyone start scratching their forearms when you start thinking about how their last pass rusher was Abraham, and like, we finally got one!!! And then like, in typical Jets fashion, a new regime 43 ****head coach in Herm comes in AND and then "we don't need one". Until we do again, like 3 years later. 

And Then you want to punch somebody.

57 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Anyone start scratching their forearms when you start thinking about how their last pass rusher was Abraham, and like, we finally got one!!! And then like, in typical Jets fashion, a new regime 43 ****head coach in Herm comes in AND and then "we don't need one". Until we do again, like 3 years later. 

And Then you want to punch somebody.

Terrible move by Mangini. Abraham and ellis should have retired as jets together. As much as I love Mangold (who is basicslly got for Abraham) Mawae was still a good player and had a few years left before he needed to be replaced.

21 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah because the Chiefs had all that in place when they drafted Eric Berry ?

Archived