Jamal Adams, S, LSU

Shadetree

9 hours ago, thadude said:

I can see us going Peppers in the first and Devonte Fields in round 2 to get our pass rusher.

We desperately need a legit free safety and an edge rusher and they are BPA at both spots

Yeah but how many 1st, and 2nd round starters does this ******* defense need?

21 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You can take a safety in the top 10 if you have a great o-line/franchise QB/edge rusher and good corners. A great safety is useless on a team with as many holes that we have. I like Adams. I think he will be very good. But he won't help us win games. Until we get players that help us win games, we can't waste picks on safeties. 

But then of course you wouldn't be picking top 10 :)

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

But then of course you wouldn't be picking top 10 :)

Listen you draft difference makers in the top 10, who cares what position they play, if he will be a difference maker alla S Taylor, Ed Reed, E Berry, ect will anyone care if we took him 1st overall, or 5th round?  Are you gonna bitch about his draft position after he is named all pro say in his 2nd season like Landon Collins will should be this year?

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Listen you draft difference makers in the top 10, who cares what position they play, if he will be a difference maker alla S Taylor, Ed Reed, E Berry, ect will anyone care if we took him 1st overall, or 5th round?  Are you gonna bitch about his draft position after he is named all pro say in his 2nd season like Landon Collins will should be this year?

LOL

Wasn't bitching about anything.  Was merely pointing out that if you have a great OL , a franchise QB, a good pass rusher, and good CB's, it is very unlikely you will be picking top 10

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Wasn't bitching about anything.  Was merely pointing out that if you have a great OL , a franchise QB, a good pass rusher, and good CB's, it is very unlikely you will be picking top 10

Yeah I know, I was piggy backing off your post which I agreed with laughing at guys saying you don't draft a certain position unless you have that stuff in place.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Anyone start scratching their forearms when you start thinking about how their last pass rusher was Abraham, and like, we finally got one!!! And then like, in typical Jets fashion, a new regime 43 ****head coach in Herm comes in AND and then "we don't need one". Until we do again, like 3 years later. 

And Then you want to punch somebody.

You mean like when Parcells came in and dumped Hugh Douglas for a couple of picks he characteristically botched?  

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You mean like when Parcells came in and dumped Hugh Douglas for a couple of picks he characteristically botched?  

What was the breakdown of that again, I can't totally remember? But at least with Douglas, he really didn't shine until he went to Philly, at least. And Adoni, I think Herm got rid of Abraham, not Mangini. Bottom line tho Dom, Parcells drafted Abraham, who woulda been proabably their all time sack leader and a HOF'er if he remained in a 34 and with a real HC his whole career. imo

11 minutes ago, HessStation said:

What was the breakdown of that again, I can't totally remember? But at least with Douglas, he really didn't shine until he went to Philly, at least. And Adoni, I think Herm got rid of Abraham, not Mangini. Bottom line tho Dom, Parcells drafted Abraham, who woulda been proabably their all time sack leader and a HOF'er if he remained in a 34 and with a real HC his whole career. imo

Douglas had 10 sacks as a rookie.  He was hurt and missed some games his 2nd season, then Parcells came in and he didn't fit in- round hole/square peg.  He was not an OLB like LT or a fat 3-4 DE like Leonard Marshall, so Parcells didn't like him and forced him into the system. Parcells drafted Dorian Boose (RIP) and Casey Dailey with the picks IIRC.  Neither was ever a useful player, let alone an all-pro pass rusher like Douglas. 

Mangini and Tannenbaum dumped Abraham.  He had been franchised and they had to move him, which they did before the draft for the Mangold pick.  I believe there was some ridiculous edict for a #1 or they might have gotten more (a high 2 and other stuff) from the Seahawks.  I think they tried very had to include Schaub who was backing up Vick.  They spun him off the next year to move up 2 spots in the first and for 2nd rounders in 2007 and 2008.  Abraham didn't do too much as a rook under the "Parcells regime" with Groh, but blew up as a 4-3 rush end under Herm.  Of course Herm also dumped our awesome cover corners and had Ellis gain a ton of weight to try and fill the Warren Sapp 3-tech DT role.  Ugh.  

22 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Yet....the jets will draft a guy like peppers this year and we will have our book end, players with really no position.

If I was an NFL GM, which I am not......but if I was, I would make sure OL and DL were picked almost yearly.  I would be drafting some high and some to develop so you have a continual line of talent on the line and some developing.  I would also let go of good talent if it priced itself out of the market so as to always have money to pick up a positional player.

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Douglas had 10 sacks as a rookie.  He was hurt and missed some games his 2nd season, then Parcells came in and he didn't fit in- round hole/square peg.  He was not an OLB like LT or a fat 3-4 DE like Leonard Marshall, so Parcells didn't like him and forced him into the system. Parcells drafted Dorian Boose (RIP) and Casey Dailey with the picks IIRC.  Neither was ever a useful player, let alone an all-pro pass rusher like Douglas. 

Mangini and Tannenbaum dumped Abraham.  He had been franchised and they had to move him, which they did before the draft for the Mangold pick.  I believe there was some ridiculous edict for a #1 or they might have gotten more (a high 2 and other stuff) from the Seahawks.  I think they tried very had to include Schaub who was backing up Vick.  They spun him off the next year to move up 2 spots in the first and for 2nd rounders in 2007 and 2008.  Abraham didn't do too much as a rook under the "Parcells regime" with Groh, but blew up as a 4-3 rush end under Herm.  Of course Herm also dumped our awesome cover corners and had Ellis gain a ton of weight to try and fill the Warren Sapp 3-tech DT role.  Ugh.  

You have an amazing memory my friend. 

On 1/4/2017 at 11:37 AM, Jack Straw said:

You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks. You don't take safeties with top 10 picks.

How about 11?

42 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

How about 11?

Nope. Safeties in the first round are a pick of luxury and reserved for teams that 1) are rich in talent and 2) know what the hell they're doing.

If you have QB, OLB/DE, LT, WR, and CB figured out, then by all means pick a safety whenever the hell you want. Otherwise, picking a safety in the top 20 picks is borderline lunacy. 

On 1/5/2017 at 1:50 PM, Jack Straw said:

Nope. Safeties in the first round are a pick of luxury and reserved for teams that 1) are rich in talent and 2) know what the hell they're doing.

If you have QB, OLB/DE, LT, WR, and CB figured out, then by all means pick a safety whenever the hell you want. Otherwise, picking a safety in the top 20 picks is borderline lunacy. 

I disagree. History shows that taking the BPA is the way to go.

Adams might be the only blue chip talent still available at #6. 

7 minutes ago, Barton said:

I disagree. History shows that taking the BPA is the way to go.

Adams might be the only blue chip talent still available at #6. 

I read every year that the top talent is maybe 5, 6 picks, and every year guys drafted in the 3rd round or later become impact starters and pro bowlers

the hierarchy of football needs is;

get the QB

protect the QB

rush the QB

right now the jets foundation is Blaize Hackenberg, Ijalana and Mauldin

if they take a safety instead of trading down or up for a foundational pick I will rep everything rutgers posts with haughty indignity

35 minutes ago, Larz said:

I read every year that the top talent is maybe 5, 6 picks, and every year guys drafted in the 3rd round or later become impact starters and pro bowlers

the hierarchy of football needs is;

get the QB

protect the QB

rush the QB

right now the jets foundation is Blaize Hackenberg, Ijalana and Mauldin

if they take a safety instead of trading down or up for a foundational pick I will rep everything rutgers posts with haughty indignity

The best QB and pass rusher wont be there at pick #6, in all likelihood. So now what? Draft Cam Robinson just because he plays LT?

If Adams has a considerably higher grade than a Deshaun Watson, Tim Williams etc then you take him. You wouldnt take Earl Thomas in the top 10 just because he's a safety?? 

On 1/5/2017 at 1:03 AM, Hael said:

I think he is one of the surest, most talented and overall best players in the draft.  The kid is an absolute stud, and if he's the bpa on your board, you take him in a heart beat, who cares if he doesn't fit the edge rusher, OT, QB or db1 mold.  We will have many more years where we can pick that. 

Moving down a few spots to draft him makes sense as well, it's all about the value.

i dunno - if you compare Jamal, Peppers, Hooker against a like opponent neither of the 3 stand out as can't miss.  Peppers is not playing FS but he is asked to cover a lot.  Of the 3 Peppers seems to have the best value since he returns punts and KO but that hardly warrants #6.  There are a lot of games you can pull for either of the 3 where they look awesome but the competition is suspect.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/jabrill-peppers-vs-wisconsin-2016/

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/jamal-adams-vs-wisconsin-2016/

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/264748/

1 hour ago, Barton said:

The best QB and pass rusher wont be there at pick #6, in all likelihood. So now what? Draft Cam Robinson just because he plays LT?

If Adams has a considerably higher grade than a Deshaun Watson, Tim Williams etc then you take him. You wouldnt take Earl Thomas in the top 10 just because he's a safety?? 

you missed where I posted trade up or trade down, please read the post again

Here's what has bothered me about this team spare the year they stupidly traded up for Sanchez; they habitually waste high draft picks on defense.

But really they have not used any high picks for OL or QB or WR help. So they overpay for free agents in all those spots. 

TE-Jace Amaro is long gone. The Jets barely use the TE anyway, unlike , oh, EVERY TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS.

RB-Bilal Powell only got a shot when the used Forte like Chris Ivory (apparently signing Forte based on stats alone rather than watching tape which would hAVe shown Forte's more on an in space guy than between the tackles)

Only guy you can point to even being a contributor (and he is a great player) is Leonard Williams. And they have done it during a time when the rules beg you to pass. Simply the Jets as a franchise in every way overvvalue defense-the draft, free agency, the HC has been a former DC forever. And really the best of defenses fail several times every week and you need to score points regardless. This franchise under Woody Johnson acts like they can win every week 13-10 or 17-14, as if scoring points is beneath them. Sheet, they're in a division with Tom Brady, who beats them like a rented mule spare one playoff game a long freaking time ago. 

Yeah, take a safety. And then DON'T sit back and bitch about the next Ryan Clady or Brandon Marshall coming back or Mike Glennon all at top cap money. Because you asked for another year of run/run/incomplete 3rd and 8 pass/punt dogsheet offense.

3 hours ago, Barton said:

Dude, break the paradigm. It's all busllsh*t. I'll pass out if they take a Safety at 6

If there is a freak game changer there at 6 i dont care what position he plays I want them to take him. Its the years that the Jets take Gholston because they need and edge rusher that always gets them in trouble.

Archived