If Bill O'brien Becomes Available....

Jack Straw

9 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

He also apparently misled our GM into thinking that Hackenberg was worth a second rounder.

As I said in another thread, what Gm in his right mind takes much stock in what a rival head coach tells him, especially one from the Bellichick coaching tree.  Oh he was once a friend so he is going to give me the goods on a QB.  Naive.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As I said in another thread, what Gm in his right mind takes much stock in what a rival head coach tells him, especially one from the Bellichick coaching tree.  Oh he was once a friend so he is going to give me the goods on a QB.  Naive.

Ehhh I'm not sure if you're right here. NFL coaches aren't robots. These guys are still people that make friends outside of work and have other interests.

What benefit would O'Brien have by misleading Macc? So if he is ever on the hot seat he can tell his gm and owner that he was able to get a non rival team to waste a 2nd round pick??

We obviously don't know the details of Macc and O'Briens relationship but the Scottish and Irish are supposed to be boys. Paranoid.

3 minutes ago, hokiejetfan92 said:

Ehhh I'm not sure if you're right here. NFL coaches aren't robots. These guys are still people that make friends outside of work and have other interests.

What benefit would O'Brien have by misleading Macc? So if he is ever on the hot seat he can tell his gm and owner that he was able to get a non rival team to waste a 2nd round pick??

We obviously don't know the details of Macc and O'Briens relationship but the Scottish and Irish are supposed to be boys. Paranoid.

What benefit?  Weaken another NFL team and leave better players around for them to pick?  The Texans traded up just in front of the Jets last year in the 2nd round and promptly took a frigging center.  There is so much disinformation and down right lies around draft time it has become and art.

Even if Obrien was not misleading our GM obrien has a laughable rep as a QB guru because he once coached friggin brady,.  He has utterly failed in that dept since then.

Archived