More diarrhea from the mouth of Brandon Marshall on the season....if you're interested.

JustInFudge

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I have no problem if the Jets opt that its time to move on from Marshall for a variety of different reasons.  With that said, JiF you're not going to start convincing anyone when you already have a very clearly predetermined opinion on the matter, and are trying scrounge up as much as possible to fit your existing thoughts.  You certainly don't have to like Marshall and that's fine, but what you started this thread with does nothing to prove your points.  Using Richardson as some sort of evidence is outright laughable, considering he's been a problem for this team basically ever since his rookie year ended, and has been widely considered the very first guy (or perhaps second only to Revis) the team needs to get rid of before any of this Marshall stuff even came up.  Combining that with a number of other baseless claims, such as assigning opinions to other players that have not expressed such opinions, or trying to assign complete blame to any single person on this team's locker room problems, is ridiculous.

There's a decent chance Marshall is done here, and that very well may be for the best, but that doesn't mean people need to buy into every bit of conspiracy theory surrounding the guy either.  This seems to just be another attempt to find the ONE GUY to blame for everything, as Jets fans so love to do, but never turns out to be true.

Well, that's where everyone and you are wrong.  This isnt an agenda.  I was all about Marshall.  Loved the dude.  I love his passion and I've stated numerous times that I think he made this offense last year with his ability to make catches that seemed impossible and open room up for Decker. I took him 2nd round in my fantasy this season and was all antsy in my pantsy about watching him dominate another season.  I was expecting a huge season from him and then Brandon Marshall that the league knows all to well showed up.  

And I'm pretty sure there is a history here with this guy but my claims are baseless?  Conspiracy theory?  I'm quoting him.  It's fact, Brandon Marshall's antics divided the locker room.  The one guy?  lmfao.  Yeah, thats me...putting it all on Brandon Marshall.  Meanwhile I've said numerous times the D sucked and they should be doing everything in their power to get rid of Revis and Sheldon and earlier in this thread I put the season basically on all Fitz...but yeah, I'm blaming one guy.

Keep him around.  This team is going to be a train wreck next year and his leadership is exactly what you want breaking in a new QB.

16 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I certainly did. And I attribute that to multiple factors . 1) Petty had a much better rapport with Anderson from the preseason - so its only natural he would look his way more. 2) The emphasis was to get rid of the ball quickly so Powell became a bigger component of the passing game . 3) Its easy for any receiver to look uninterested when they're not a big part of the gameplan , the same thing in essence happened to Enumwa . 4) Losing Decker allowed opposing teams to shift more focus to Marshall , especially when Fitz seemed to lock exclusively on only him . 5) He played with an assortment of injuries all year , things you fight through when your winning will sometimes put you on the sldelines when your losing.

His overall Wr stats speak volumes of how badly the set of Jet QB's played this season.

It wasnt the targets.  It was his half assed routes and him barely making an effort for a ball he would have broken his neck to catch for Fitz. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

You think Richardson is the only one? Come'on.  There is trend here with Brandon.  Richardson is just another loud mouth a-hole who loves to run to the media with his garbage. I mean, the guy stopped playing when Petty came in. 

Marshall is out right admitting that he turned people off with his  "leadership" style.  You think he admit this if it was only 1 person? 

We'll name one.  What trend here, I don't care what happened in another city, what Jet ever had a problem with Marshall? 

As for what anyone is admitting, no one other than Sheldon has an issue and more than a few said that it wasn't the message it was they way he delivered it.  A completely different issue than the guesswork you're throwing out there.  53 football players in a room, they don't all get along.  If you think this is a first and that anytime something like this happens you blame and release someone you don't get it.

**** this chemistry thing between Marshall and Sheldon. I actually agree with Bowles on this, it's not an excuse. It's a problem, without question. But the bigger issue with this team is that the majority of players and coaches suck, don't try, and are stupid. Simply put.

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We'll name one.  What trend here, I don't care what happened in another city, what Jet ever had a problem with Marshall? 

As for what anyone is admitting, no one other than Sheldon has an issue and more than a few said that it wasn't the message it was they way he delivered it.  A completely different issue than the guesswork you're throwing out there.  53 football players in a room, they don't all get along.  If you think this is a first and that anytime something like this happens you blame and release someone you don't get it.

Marshall himself is admitting that his "leadership" style rubbed people the wrong way.  His timing and delivery didnt sit well with other players in the locker room.  I'm quoting him and him directly. He learned from this season, just like he learned from Chicago and Miami. 

Multiple players have commented on it from Revis to Maudlin.  Here's a specific quote from Quincy Enunwa.  One would think that based on this quote, Brandon's antics impacted more than just Sheldon Richardson.  He's not talking about a player...he's talking about people.  People is plural:

"For me, with Brandon, I always make sure that I hear the message rather than the delivery of the message," Enunwa said. "It's not easy for everybody. When I sit down and I talk to him and I listen to what he's saying, I know why he does what he does, and he says what he says.

"It's frustration. You go through 10-plus years, and you don't make the playoffs [as Marshall has]. It's not like he doesn't know what he's talking about when he says it. There were times when what he was saying wasn't coming across the way other people wanted it to -- and when we're losing, it's hard."

1 hour ago, JiF said:

This is damage control dude.  He said this started week 3.  Week 3!!!!  What kind of leader lets this linger when the team is 1-2?   And now that Sheldon called him out and the season is over, Brandon is playing Mr. Nice guy.

I'm shocked this isnt more obvious.  Again, the history with this guy matters.   There is a reason he only cost the Jets a 5th round pick and every team he's ever played for couldnt wait to get rid of him. 

Gator you are a hard hitter who beings a great deal of credible points to the board

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Marshall himself is admitting that his "leadership" style rubbed people the wrong way.  His timing and delivery didnt sit well with other players in the locker room.  I'm quoting him and him directly. He learned from this season, just like he learned from Chicago and Miami. 

Multiple players have commented on it from Revis to Maudlin.  Here's a specific quote from Quincy Enunwa.  One would think that based on this quote, Brandon's antics impacted more than just Sheldon Richardson.  He's not talking about a player...he's talking about people.  People is plural:

"For me, with Brandon, I always make sure that I hear the message rather than the delivery of the message," Enunwa said. "It's not easy for everybody. When I sit down and I talk to him and I listen to what he's saying, I know why he does what he does, and he says what he says.

"It's frustration. You go through 10-plus years, and you don't make the playoffs [as Marshall has]. It's not like he doesn't know what he's talking about when he says it. There were times when what he was saying wasn't coming across the way other people wanted it to -- and when we're losing, it's hard."

Didn't I just say that players said this?  The delivery?  Didn't come across? 

Thats not a cancer.  Doesn't make him a bad guy.   Devicive.  Not something that you should be going on and on about.  

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You're quite right, we cannot fully quantify it.  And it's (for us fans) pointless now.

But think about this:  Other than the K.C. game, the Fitz we saw in 2016 was almost exactly the same Fitz we saw in 2015.  And the same Fitz, performance wise, we saw in his entire career.  K.C. and the 6 INT's was the outlier than changes the numbers, but that was one start and one game/loss.   The rest of the year, Fitz was Fitz.

The difference between 2015 and 2016 was we had a top 10 defense in 2015, and our WR's stayed healthy and didn't drop so many passes.  

In 2016 we led the league in droped passes, lost our #2 WR barely at the seasons start, special teams cost us 2-3 games with difference-maker misses/fumbles/allowed returns, and most vital we dropped from Top 5 Defense to a Bottom 5 Defense. 

lol..

Fitz was historically awful all year.  He normally just sucks..  this year he was an outright abomination.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

59 catches 788 yards while far from his career best isn't what I classify as quitting.  He had numerous injuries, and had a subpar year with some easy drops but I woudn't say he quit. Now comparing that to a number of defensive players - I can get where Marshall is coming from.  But Maybe Brandon should call out the Jets and demand they treat him with class.

I don't think he quit either but read what Quincy Enunwa had to say. Marshall is arrogant and insulting to the young players and then goes out and drops important passes in critical situations. I don't care what his numbers are, this guy has been run out of Denver, Miami and Chicago because he couldn't keep his opinion to himself and now he will be run out of NY.

Players speak up about how the season went & Brandon did that here. I have 0 problems with it as he didn't call out anyone specifically - he just stated it was a bad year all around. What I do have a problem with is Revis talking about how the Jets better treat him fairly as he is an all time great. You don't go around saying that arrogant stuff after the horrid year you just had. 

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Didn't I just say that players said this?  The delivery?  Didn't come across? 

Thats not a cancer.  Doesn't make him a bad guy.   Devicive.  Not something that you should be going on and on about.  

You just told me to name one.  I did.  You said that only Sheldon took issue.  I post quotes from Enunwa making it quite clear, that is was more than just Sheldon. 

I get that players dont get along in a locker room.  I dont get a long with some of my co-workers.  I'm consider a leader here, you know what I wouldnt do?  Call everyone in my office out, time it wrong and deliver it poorly resulting in a divided office.  That's what happened this year based on Brandon's antics.  It's quite obvious and that's not a good thing. HE IS ADMITTING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  This isnt speculation. 

And now that makes it 4 straight teams where this has happened.  I it might not make him a "bad guy" but maybe, just maybe, he's not this great teammate he gets to make himself out to be via his show that you want assuming a "leadership" role for your team. 

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

lol..

Fitz was historically awful all year.  He normally just sucks..  this year he was an outright abomination.

A flawed analysis.  Fitz was Fitz.  same Fitz he's always been, albeit slightly worse off (as a single 6 INT game is wont to make you) on INT's vs TD's.

He was historically Fitz.  His play was within expected performance parameters.

The difference (on O) was no Decker, a weaker Forte, league leading dropped passes, and Fitz's horrible record of turnovers in the Redzone (where he was indeed unusually bad).

And if our Defense had again put up a Top 5 performance, we'd have been a borderline playoff team again.

But instead, our Top 5 Defense turned into a bottom 5 defense, a massive shift, and was amongst the leagues worst in sacks and turnovers and passing D.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

A flawed analysis.  Fitz was Fitz.  same Fitz he's always been, albeit slightly worse off (as a single 6 INT game is wont to make you) on INT's vs TD's.

The difference (on O) was no Decker, a weaker Forte, league leading dropped passes, and Fitz's horrible record of turnovers in the Redzone (where he was indeed unusually bad).

And if our Defense had again put up a Top 5 performance, we'd have been a borderline playoff team again.

But instead, our Top 5 Defense turned into a bottom 5 defense, a massive shift, and was amongst the leagues worst in sacks and turnovers and passing D.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18226665/ryan-fitzpatrick-historically-bad-2016

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

You just told me to name one.  I did.  You said that only Sheldon took issue.  I post quotes from Enunwa making it quite clear, that is was more than just Sheldon. 

I get that players dont get along in a locker room.  I dont get a long with some of my co-workers.  I'm consider a leader here, you know what I wouldnt do?  Call everyone in my office out, time it wrong and deliver it poorly resulting in a divided office.  That's what happened this year based on Brandon's antics.  It's quite obvious and that's not a good thing. HE IS ADMITTING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  This isnt speculation. 

And now that makes it 4 straight teams where this has happened.  I it might not make him a "bad guy" but maybe, just maybe, he's not this great teammate he gets to make himself out to be via his show that you want assuming a "leadership" role for your team. 

He didn't have a problem with Marshall.  Never said he has a problem with Marshall.  He said his delivery was off, not the message.  

You don't like Marshall.  We get it.  You're seeing what you want to see. 

21 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I don't think he quit either but read what Quincy Enunwa had to say. Marshall is arrogant and insulting to the young players and then goes out and drops important passes in critical situations. I don't care what his numbers are, this guy has been run out of Denver, Miami and Chicago because he couldn't keep his opinion to himself and now he will be run out of NY.

To me that's the right he's earned as a Vet player. Its like having an older brother that rides you or being an underclassman on a varsity team. They can get away with arrogance and insults as long as it doesn't cross the line and become personal. IMO Marshall is a intelligent individual who has an intense desire to win. If the Jets staff feel he's part of the problem , then who am I to argue, but if they respect his leadership and keep him on the team then who are we criticize him . 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

This is damage control dude.  He said this started week 3.  Week 3!!!!  What kind of leader lets this linger when the team is 1-2?   And now that Sheldon called him out and the season is over, Brandon is playing Mr. Nice guy.

I'm shocked this isnt more obvious.  Again, the history with this guy matters.   There is a reason he only cost the Jets a 5th round pick and every team he's ever played for couldnt wait to get rid of him. 

There were no leaders on this team.  That must be corrected over the next few seasons.  And as for Sheldumb? He is "diarrhea for a human being."

I think you should limit your locker room analysis to baseball.  Put in a chew on one side of your mouth, some sunflower seeds on the other side, scratch your nuts for awhile, and go on the DL for a month with a broken finger nail.

"Hey batta, batta, swing batta batta."

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He didn't have a problem with Marshall.  Never said he has a problem with Marshall.  He said his delivery was off, not the message.  

You don't like Marshall.  We get it.  You're seeing what you want to see. 

Wow.  Just wow.  Haha

Agree to disagree.  All good. 

Marshall should be back.. Even though we will suckk again.. He said he would even take a pay cut.. revis and Richardson are all selfish and should be immediately cut and traded.. We have a million holes.. Even if we draft a WR he isn't going to top Marshall in yr one.. We need to draft one anyway to add not replace to WR core.. We need some vets around next yr.. Whoever our qb is isn't going to learn if he just has young guys learning the trade themselves to throw to.. If we go with hackenberg, he will need big targets like Marshall if he accuracy is still that bad.. That is what saved fitz last yr.. 

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Marshall should be back.. Even though we will suckk again.. He said he would even take a pay cut.. revis and Richardson are all selfish and should be immediately cut and traded.. We have a million holes.. Even if we draft a WR he isn't going to top Marshall in yr one.. We need to draft one anyway to add not replace to WR core.. We need some vets around next yr.. Whoever our qb is isn't going to learn if he just has young guys learning the trade themselves to throw to.. If we go with hackenberg, he will need big targets like Marshall if he accuracy is still that bad.. That is what saved fitz last yr.. 

hmmm, why should he be back? Don't we have enough guys to drop at least one pass every game? Don't we have enough "egos who ain't never won sh!t" on the team? We need to pay a guy dollars who won't sell out on catches?

I mean, isn't he the one who caused the poopy diaper this year?

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

hmmm, why should he be back? Don't we have enough guys to drop at least one pass every game? Don't we have enough "egos who ain't never won sh!t" on the team? We need to pay a guy dollars who won't sell out on catches?

On the list of major problems on the team - Marshall's drops are far down the list.

2 hours ago, phill1c said:

He dropped a few but he played hard when a lot of guys quit.. If you are telling me we can sign some big WR by all means cut Marshall.. We have a lot of dead salary to trim.. But keeping Marshall around one more yr for 5 mil, doesn't seem like a bad deal.. Unless you just want to save woody as much $ as possible and be that much lower under the cap.. 

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He dropped a few but he played hard when a lot of guys quit.. 

Bottom line.

Marshall was the only overpaid vet who actually played hard this season.  The diva crew (Mevis, Wilk, Fitzgarbage) collected fat paychecks and laughed.

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

11th.

The Jets defense was the 11th ranked defense in the league.

Not bottom 5.  

Fitz was awful, not just in KC.  He was horrid and the biggest reason the Jets season snowballed out of control. 

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

You're quite right, we cannot fully quantify it.  And it's (for us fans) pointless now.

But think about this:  Other than the K.C. game, the Fitz we saw in 2016 was almost exactly the same Fitz we saw in 2015.  

I agree. Fitz was a very mediocre qb in both years who feasted on bad defenses in 2015 since he had Marshall and Decker to bail him out against and then once he had to play against big boys in 2016 he shat himself.

The D sucked, so did Fitz, and the difference between Fitz and another scrub like Geno isn't that egregious.

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

11th.

The Jets defense was the 11th ranked defense in the league.

Not bottom 5.  

Rather than waste my time with your usual....contribution, I'll just quote myself:

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

The 2016 New York Jets Defense, the unit that was supposed to be elite and carry us, was:

-Ranked 23rd in Opponent Plays from Scrim.
-Ranked 19th in Yards Allowed Per Play
-Ranked 28th in Turnovers
-Ranked 19th in Opposing Completion %
-Ranked 25th in Opponent Passing TD's
-Ranked 28th in Opposing Passing TD %
-Ranked 31st in Interceptions
-Ranked 22nd in Opposing Yards-Per-Pass-Attempt
-Ranked 29th in Sacks
-Ranked 30th in Opposing QB Rating
-Faced the 10th fewest rushing attempts against us, and ranked 11th vs. the Rush in Yards Allowed

Our defense was expected to be a Top 10, even a Top 5, quality Defense.  

It was a bottom 5 Defense, and near dead last in those vital turnovers.

Yes, Fitzpatrick, and special teams, WR drops (we led the league in dropped passes), and of course injuries, all played their part in our failure this year.  

Especially Fitz, who sucked, especially in INT's (especially in KC where 6 of his 17 total INT's happened).  Outside the K.C. game, Fitz was about average for Fitz, performance wise.

But the Defense?

To ignore the material contribution our Defense made to this teams failure is a mistake.

The Defense accounted for at LEAST 50% of why we sucked this year, if nor more. 

Archived