LB Victor Ochi Stolen by Kansas City

jetsrule128

Mauldin is not a stud.  He was a third rounder and played like a third rounder.  He doesn't have 8.5 sacks.  He has 6.5 sacks in 2 years, one of which he was the presumptive starter.  He has very few tackles, but I think they played him move in coverage earlier this year.  People counting on these guys is where I think the problem lies.  He is a nice maybe piece, but you need a floor in case he doesn't pan out.  He is not going to set the edge like Pace did and while they dropped him some this year, I wouldn't say it was much of a success.  It will be interesting what he does next year.

19 hours ago, jetsrule128 said:

With all the losing I got bored of this place. Hope to be back next season 

Wow that hurts.

Losing means more bottom of the roster guys get to play. That sounds like your Heaven. :)

16 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I just have a question, and I am not insulting you. If you have no faith in the regime, then why are you here? Seriously, why are you still a fan? There is a reason the Chicago Cubs had fans for 108 years and that was faith, I hope.

Again, I'm not saying your concerns are without merit, But it just seems weird

You know the only thing worse than a doomsayer, naysayer fan?  The happy happy joy joy fan.  The one that never sees a problem, always thinks the team is doing the right thing and claps like a trained seal.  The doomsayer bad attitude fans?  They have proven to be right in almost everything they have put their name to with this team over the last 10 years.  The happy happy joy luck club has been wrong on just about every thing.

The fact that the doomsayer fans are still around after years of incompetence, horrible moves and bad luck means they are great fans not bad fans.

I've been though this act with both the Jets and my hometown hockey team the Edmonton Oilers, the worst run pro franchise in all of sports the last 15 years.  There was even more happy happy joy joy fans on that site and they too were wrong about just everything they judged.

To get better you have to acknowledge weak areas, to ignore weak areas you are doomed for years and the happy happy club you are president of are perfectly happy for the Jets to be sheer and utter losers year after year and never win another super bowl.  It's all good.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Mauldin is not a stud.  He was a third rounder and played like a third rounder.  He doesn't have 8.5 sacks.  He has 6.5 sacks in 2 years, one of which he was the presumptive starter.  He has very few tackles, but I think they played him move in coverage earlier this year.  People counting on these guys is where I think the problem lies.  He is a nice maybe piece, but you need a floor in case he doesn't pan out.  He is not going to set the edge like Pace did and while they dropped him some this year, I wouldn't say it was much of a success.  It will be interesting what he does next year.

Mauldin doesn't get snaps, that is an issue 354 this year and 253 last year, I agree he is not a stud but his sack totals form 2015 for his number of D snaps was one of the better stats in the league.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is the exact point of my post, about how the coaches don't allow the players to do what they do best. Mauldin was drafted to rush the QB, not cover people. He has proven he can get pressure. He's not a stud, never said he was or will be,  but he sure as hell can make more of an impact than what he's been allowed to do. 

25 minutes ago, section314 said:

This is the exact point of my post, about how the coaches don't allow the players to do what they do best. Mauldin was drafted to rush the QB, not cover people. He has proven he can get pressure. He's not a stud, never said he was or will be,  but he sure as hell can make more of an impact than what he's been allowed to do. 

Eh.  Mauldin has never seemed to excel as a Maybin styled PRS.  He is a good guy and hard worker and I think they hoped he could be an every down LB.  I honestly think that Ochi would end up with as many sacks as Mauldin if they played the same number of snaps as dedicated pass rushers.  I certainly don't see the coaches as holding him back.  IMO he played plenty of snaps, he got a lot of run from the Ravens game on, but he had a fairly significant ankle injury that kept him inactive the last few games.

24 minutes ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

The Chiefs signed Josh Mauga from us s couple of years ago and he turned out to be a decent LB for them. He was out this year with a torn labrum but played well
enough in the past they signed him to a 3 year contract in 2016

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Mauga was a great special teamer, but like the other guy from Reno, always hurt.  Somebody mentioned Hyder, that guy is doing work for the Lions.  I remember Rex and them raving about him in camp. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

You know the only thing worse than a doomsayer, naysayer fan?  The happy happy joy joy fan.  The one that never sees a problem, always thinks the team is doing the right thing and claps like a trained seal.  The doomsayer bad attitude fans?  They have proven to be right in almost everything they have put their name to with this team over the last 10 years.  The happy happy joy luck club has been wrong on just about every thing.

The fact that the doomsayer fans are still around after years of incompetence, horrible moves and bad luck means they are great fans not bad fans.

I've been though this act with both the Jets and my hometown hockey team the Edmonton Oilers, the worst run pro franchise in all of sports the last 15 years.  There was even more happy happy joy joy fans on that site and they too were wrong about just everything they judged.

To get better you have to acknowledge weak areas, to ignore weak areas you are doomed for years and the happy happy club you are president of are perfectly happy for the Jets to be sheer and utter losers year after year and never win another super bowl.  It's all good.

I am not a happy happy joy joy fan. This organization is flawed and the main problem is the owner and the atmosphere around the franchise. It is a franchise without a country, if you will. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

This a big steaming pile of dinosaur poop . Neither the doomsday/ naysayer fans or the happy happy joy joy fans have any say in the decisions the team make . We are fans, and as such, we support our team regardless .  The problem is too many fans want to be the GM and the HC and very few are even remotely qualified to do the Job .  There's nothing wrong with critiquing the decisions people make, but when we start believing we could have and would have without the knowledge of the people who have way more information than we do, and whose livelihood is at stake base on those decisions, we are no longer fans .

We become Judge, Jury and hangman .  

We've tried, found guilty and hung more coaches over the years without having any knowledge of why they did what they did than the law would allow . How Judges us, and worst, what do we have to lose .

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I am not a happy happy joy joy fan. This organization is flawed and the main problem is the owner and the atmosphere around the franchise. It is a franchise without a country, if you will. 

There's nothing wrong with the owner of the Jets . The man wants to win , and does what he thinks he needs to in an effort to attain that goal . He's also a businessman, and has a right to think as a businessman .He's not a football man, so he hires football people to help him run his franchise . Name me the person that Woody Johnson has hired in an effort to attain a winner that hasn't had a history in football  ?  Not the business side of the team, but the football side.  

The man tries, and he put his money out there to prove it.

17 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

There's nothing wrong with the owner of the Jets . The man wants to win , and does what he thinks he needs to in an effort to attain that goal . He's also a businessman, and has a right to think as a businessman .He's not a football man, so he hires football people to help him run his franchise . Name me the person that Woody Johnson has hired in an effort to attain a winner that hasn't had a history in football  ?  Not the business side of the team, but the football side.  

The man tries, and he put his money out there to prove it.

Wow! You are so much smarter than this. 

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

Wow! You are so much smarter than this. 

Thanks, I appreciate those kind words .

Woody Johnson was handed a trillion dollar company, and during his time as CEO, he's managed to keep his company growing . You may not like how the man does business, but there's nothing wrong with the man. If he was as Inept as so many think he is, he would not be as successful as he is. So his football team isn't doing as well as the Fans would like. Maybe the reason for that is because he consistently does what he thinks is best for them instead of what's best for his team .

Here's a question for you .

Has it even crossed the minds of a single Jet fan that the reason Hackenberg may not have been exposed to the NFL is because the Jets knew Gailey was retiring and they worked on other things with him besides Gailey's play book  ?

When you run the scout team, you practice against the defensive looks of the up coming opponent .  That helps you understand what a defense is trying to do to you .  They told us they weren't going to mess with his footwork until after the season, so maybe that was because they were leaving it up to the new OC . 

Sometimes things aren't always what they seem .

Unless you fire a coach, isn't his contract not over until the start of the new league year ?

Is that when we will learn who the new OC is ?

Archived