When is McCagnans post season press conference?

Persiussa

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Anybody see or hear any comments from our owner Woody Johnson? 

Actually, I ran into him and asked him about the Jets. He made a jet motion with his hands and said, "Jet gonna take me to be bambassador!" then he laid down on the floor, started crying and asked to have diaper changed.

11 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Actually, I ran into him and asked him about the Jets. He made a jet motion with his hands and said, "Jet gonna take me to be bambassador!" then he laid down on the floor, started crying and asked to have diaper changed.

Hmmmmmm.  Brandon Marshall also referenced the season as basically wearing a dirty diaper all year. I think I'm starting to see a pattern with this organization.

11 hours ago, Persiussa said:

Does anyone know when we'll be hearing from Mike McCagnan?

He's in the WPP .  He's going to drop a dime on Bowles and feared for his livelihood after seeing how Bowles wacked Gailey and the  other 5 . 

he should be asked the following

how do you account for only  having one good player from your two years of draft picks ?

How silly do you feel for extending MO and then watching him skip meetings and not perform on the field

Was the big raise to Fitz worth it when nobody wanted him to start out with and many fans even casual ones know you dont give a raise to a guy that has not won on the road vs a winning team in five years?

Did you make Revis run  a 40 and go through check ups before signing him to his big deal because it is very apparent he is now SLOW either due to injury or age?

How did you like seeing your team and your paid guys quit half way through the season?

Why should Bowles be brought back when he made many terrible coaching moves and his players did not respect him as shown in poor performance and skipping meetings?

Were you impressed with the fight in Bowles kicking a fg down 45?

Our last gm was terrible-why you are following his same path?

I've given Macc the benefit of the doubt and actually think he's done a better job here than most people considering what he walked into.   I hope he proves me wrong but the more and more I think about it, the Hack pick just made no sense in the 2nd rd.  He knew he was drafting a multi year project and with this team in desperate need of that franchise guy he's just not a good fit here.  He needed to go to a team that has an older, established QB in place like the Pats, Saints, Giants etc.. where he can stand on the sidelines for 3 years and fix the mechanical issues without the pressure of fans clamoring for him to play.  I just hope Macc realizes the mistake and doesn't build the team and coaching staff around what's best for Christian Hackenberg instead of what's best for the franchise

10 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Macc didn't hire Bowles, nor does he have the power to fire him.

The problem with our franchise, in a nutshell. As long as we have the same owner, we will have threads like this every 1-2 years. If Woody was really a Jet fan, and cared about this franchise, he would cash out and sell the team to somebody who knows what the hell they are doing. He is a disgrace.

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Anybody see or hear any comments from our owner Woody Johnson? 

I don't think he can speak English anymore, he has been prepping for his new job and now speaks that weird British sh*t now that nobody can understand, so he is probably going to pass.

51 minutes ago, kmnj said:

how do you account for only  having one good player from your two years of draft picks ?

How silly do you feel for extending MO and then watching him skip meetings and not perform on the field

Was the big raise to Fitz worth it when nobody wanted him to start out with and many fans even casual ones know you dont give a raise to a guy that has not won on the road vs a winning team in five years?

Did you make Revis run  a 40 and go through check ups before signing him to his big deal because it is very apparent he is now SLOW either due to injury or age?

How did you like seeing your team and your paid guys quit half way through the season?

Why should Bowles be brought back when he made many terrible coaching moves and his players did not respect him as shown in poor performance and skipping meetings?

Ha! If you are serious with these, then they are silly questions that only a disgruntled fan would ask.

1. One good player? Well, I guess if a player isn't an All Pro or a star in his rookie year they are considered to be 'bad'. Right? I mean this is just ridiculous- writing off Lee, Burris, Hack, Jenkins, Simon, Shell, even Mauldin, Petty, D.Smith and Peake as 'bad' before some of them even got an opportunity to play consistent snaps either due to injury or (in Hack's and Shell's case, development).

2. No, Mo did not have an impact season. But the jets invested log term in him. So whether that paid off or not will be determined in multiple years. Not one season as he comes off of injury. So Mo skipped meetings. He was reprimanded/punished just like any other player would. This is really not a big deal. Players do this a lot. His profile, recent contract and poor season makes this seem like much more of a big deal than it really is, which is understandable.      

3. The big raise for Fitz represented the great season he had. That's how that works, in case you didn't know. So he didn't win on the road vs winning teams? LOL. THAT'S your justification? Really reaching there. If you are Macc and you even bring that up, Fitz' agent will laugh in your face. And if any GM makes roster decisions according to what fans think, he should be fired on principle- b/c he's not doing his job.   

4. After Macc signed Revis he had a great season. Did you forget? Or CHOOSE to forget? He tied his career high in INTs and was johnny on the spot with fumble recoveries. He was a HUGE reason why the Jets defense was actually pretty darn good last season. No, the Revis signing did not work out. B/C the value and justification of a long term contract cannot be judged after one season- whether said player has a good season or bad-  see Mo Wilk above.

5. As The Dude would say- "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion, man."  

6. See above.

7. See above.

8. See above.

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

No idea. Guys been in hiding all year pretending he didnt pick Christian Hackenberg in the second round.

Ha! Hack will get a shot to start this season. Not sure why you think Macc has backed off AT ALL on his selection of Hack. What. Because Hack sat out his rookie year? C;mon man. What a joke. 

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Ha! Hack will get a shot to start this season. Not sure why you think Macc has backed off AT ALL on his selection of Hack. What. Because Hack sat out his rookie year? C;mon man. What a joke. 

+1

There was zero confusion from the organization regarding their plans with Christian Hackenberg.. but a Jet fan will believe what a Jet fan wants to believe

29 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

I've given Macc the benefit of the doubt and actually think he's done a better job here than most people considering what he walked into.   I hope he proves me wrong but the more and more I think about it, the Hack pick just made no sense in the 2nd rd.  He knew he was drafting a multi year project and with this team in desperate need of that franchise guy he's just not a good fit here.  He needed to go to a team that has an older, established QB in place like the Pats, Saints, Giants etc.. where he can stand on the sidelines for 3 years and fix the mechanical issues without the pressure of fans clamoring for him to play.  I just hope Macc realizes the mistake and doesn't build the team and coaching staff around what's best for Christian Hackenberg instead of what's best for the franchise

his drafts have been terrible-in typical jets fashion our team stinks but the guys we draft cant make the starting rotation -out of two years of picks there is one good guy in Williams-Lee sucks but lets say we count him as good that is one per year-my little nephew could have drafted williams

his contracts =awful-fitz, revis and mo--all terrible-

the bmarsh pick up was good

I liked the forte move although the result was not great

I would rate him as a F especially considering the team is sinking like  a stone and he tied his regime to Fitz and Hack

THE COMEDY SHOW BEGINS AT 11AM 

Jets' Woody Johnson, Mike Maccagnan wrap up 2016 season: LIVE updates

Bills Jets Football
New York Jets owner Woody Johnson, left, and general manager Mike Maccagnan will speak with reporters Thursday. (AP Photo | Seth Wenig)
Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.comBy Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on January 05, 2017 at 10:30 AM, updated January 05, 2017 at 10:32 AM

FLORHAM PARK -- Jets owner Woody Johnson and general manager Mike Maccagnan (in that order) are scheduled to address reporters beginning at 11 a.m. Thursday. 

They'll wrap up the miserable 5-11 season that the Jets endured in 2016, after they went 10-6 in 2015, the debut year for Maccagnan and head coach Todd Bowles. Johnson decided to retain both men after the disappointing season. 

Plus, Johnson will be asked about whether he will be the United States' next ambassador to the United Kingdom. 

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

+1

There was zero confusion from the organization regarding their plans with Christian Hackenberg.. but a Jet fan will believe what a Jet fan wants to believe

i have no issue not playing him.  i think the gm should be grilled on how he plans on getting him ready to compete next year.  they can't hide him again.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i have no issue not playing him.  i think the gm should be grilled on how he plans on getting him ready to compete next year.  they can't hide him again.

True.  He at least needed a lot of practice reps this year.  It does not sound like they gave them to him.  But, of ocurse, he could not dictate that, due to the one from Column A and one from Column B authority structure Woody set up.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Considering they were afraid to play him in the preseason I'd say this is fair.

54 minutes ago, kmnj said:

To the bold:

Jet fans need to collect themselves. Leadership for this team made it perfectly clear that they are building a core. If you are demanding that the team should have done and about face, all on the backs on rookies and 2nd year players, then you are being unrealistic. 

The reality is that the guys drafted 3-, 4- and 5-years ago are the ones who should be the nucleus of success for this team right now.

• 2014: 2/12 picks contributing (Pryor and Enunwa), neither at a high level
  • 2013: 2/7 picks contributing (Sheldon and Winters), Sheldon is used out-of-position (this a question for the HC and DC, not GM) and Winters finally looks okay
  • 2012: 0/8 picks contributing
  • 2011: 2/6 picks contributing (Powell and Wilkerson)

This is why we suck gentlemen. No GM across all of football is going to fix this in 2 drafts. We have to accept this reality. The Dak and Zeke story for Dallas is nice, but the reality is that both of them were cherries on top of a series of years where the Cowboys have drafted well. Specifically along the OL, as we all know.

To the rest of your questions: I wouldn't word them so petty, but the general gist of them is on point - THESE are thing in the right now that the GM should have to answer for.

51 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Or went out to get Bowles as his first HC hire.

49 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Macc didn't hire Bowles, nor does he have the power to fire him.

48 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

What?  He went specifically to interview him because of their past connection.  

Do your homework. He approved of the hire, he didn't "go out and get" anyone. He was happy enough to be getting his shot as a GM finally. 

10 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Ha! If you are serious with these, then they are silly questions that only a disgruntled fan would ask.

1. One good player? Well, I guess if a player isn't an All Pro or a star in his rookie year they are considered to be 'bad'. Right? I mean this is just ridiculous- writing off Lee, Burris, Hack, Jenkins, Simon, Shell, even Mauldin, Petty, D.Smith and Peake as 'bad' before some of them even got an opportunity to play consistent snaps either due to injury or (in Hack's and Shell's case, development).

2. No, Mo did not have an impact season. But the jets invested log term in him. So whether that paid off or not will be determined in multiple years. Not one season as he comes off of injury. So Mo skipped meetings. He was reprimanded/punished just like any other player would. This is really not a big deal. Players do this a lot. His profile, recent contract and poor season makes this seem like much more of a big deal than it really is, which is understandable.      

3. The big raise for Fitz represented the great season he had. That's how that works, in case you didn't know. So he didn't win on the road vs winning teams? LOL. THAT'S your justification? Really reaching there. If you are Macc and you even bring that up, Fitz' agent will laugh in your face. And if any GM makes roster decisions according to what fans think, he should be fired on principle- b/c he's not doing his job.   

4. After Macc signed Revis he had a great season. Did you forget? Or CHOOSE to forget? He tied his career high in INTs and was johnny on the spot with fumble recoveries. He was a HUGE reason why the Jets defense was actually pretty darn good last season. No, the Revis signing did not work out. B/C the value and justification of a long term contract cannot be judged after one season- whether said player has a good season or bad-  see Mo Wilk above.

5. As The Dude would say- "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion, man."  

6. See above.

7. See above.

8. See above.

none of those guys besides Willliams would play on any other team-

mo was overpaid and he has not showed up to meetings or played well

Fitz should have never been paid to come back when NOBODY wanted him-I started a thread stating before the season he would be a train wreck-why did a dumb fan like me know that Fitz who was always a jag would continue to be a jag

Revis was over paid and is toast -why pats let him go

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets owner Woody Johnson will be addressing the media shortly in the team auditorium. Reporters are gathering.

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets GM Mike Maccagnan slated to address the media in about an hour for a season wrap-up.

40 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

He's done an average job, in a sh*tty situation. 

I agree with the criticisms of signing crappy veterans that people like @dbatesman have made.

I don't agree with the criticisms that "none" of the picks are any good except Leonard. Jet fans are some of the quickest to forget how things work regarding building through the draft... all the while clamoring for a "proper rebuild".

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

To the bold:

Jet fans need to collect themselves. Leadership for this team made it perfectly clear that they are building a core. If you are demanding that the team should have done and about face, all on the backs on rookies and 2nd year players, then you are being unrealistic. 

The reality is that the guys drafted 3-, 4- and 5-years ago are the ones who should be the nucleus of success for this team right now.

• 2014: 2/12 picks contributing (Pryor and Enunwa), neither at a high level
  • 2013: 2/7 picks contributing (Sheldon and Winters), Sheldon is used out-of-position (this a question for the HC and DC, not GM) and Winters finally looks okay
  • 2012: 0/8 picks contributing
  • 2011: 2/6 picks contributing (Powell and Wilkerson)

This is why we suck gentlemen. No GM across all of football is going to fix this in 2 drafts. We have to accept this reality. The Dak and Zeke story for Dallas is nice, but the reality is that both of them were cherries on top of a series of years where the Cowboys have drafted well. Specifically along the OL, as we all know.

To the rest of your questions: I wouldn't word them so petty, but the general gist of them is on point - THESE are thing in the right now that the GM should have to answer for.

he is building a core of guys that cant play lol-in the league today you can in two years with drafts and FA if done right greatly improve your team-we did not improve at all but regressed greatly

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Considering they were afraid to play him in the preseason I'd say this is fair.

they really couldn't, they had to get fitz ready, and geno/petty were competing for the backup job.  even in preseason they were never concerned about giving hack reps. 

now, unless mccags drafts another qb in the first few rounds, he really needs hack to show major development.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

He's done an average job, in a sh*tty situation. 

Jet fans are some of the quickest to forget how things work regarding building through the draft... all the while clamoring for a "proper rebuild".

Jets fans are one of the stupider, overtly emotional, & too reactionary fan bases in the NFL

Archived