Per Manish, but worth a thread on Hackenberg's future

Matt39

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

1. Thing is predicted.

2. Thing occurs.

3. Becomes exceedingly obvious that thing was correctly forecast.

4. Thing confirmed by multiple sources with daily access to team.

5. Jets fans: "That thing is a myth!"

6. Jets repeat thing.

Thing has yet to take a snap....please cya in Aug

12 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

I wish I was smart enough to inherit a few billion dollars from a business my great-grandfather built.

You had this opportunity and you turned it down? Unlike 95% of this board, Woody Johnson is smart enough to have accepted it. Therefore he is smarter than you.

If you like, I can draw this logic flowchart in crayon. Any color except silver -- I'm such a dumbass I ate that crayon because it looked shiny. At least 95% of you would have done the same thing, so at least I'm in good company.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Nothing better than bitter ass working-class hero B.S. Jets Fans seem to revel in  :rolleyes:

You make a lot of assumptions, #1 being that Woody is somehow smart because he's rich. While there's a correlation between rich people being intelligent, correlation does not imply causation. It's not a "true" if --> then statement. And there is no better example of this than Woody Johnson IV. 

I don't know where you got "bitterness" from my statement, I'm simply stating facts. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Speaking to the New York Daily News, a Jets source says second-round rookie Christian Hackenberg will "never make it."

"Never," the source emphasized. Hackenberg was a topic of discussion on Thursday after owner Woody Johnson called him a "prospect." Reporter Manish Mehta says he recently asked an anonymous Jets starter if Hackenberg was worth a second-round pick and received a curt "no" in reply. The fact that Hackenberg couldn't get on the field in a lost year where Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith and Bryce Petty were all either injured or ineffective — usually at the same time — says all there is to know about Hack's NFL future.

Man oh man this is the season that just keeps on giving.....................

Image result for  man in agony gifs

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

This is going to turn out to be Gailey or the fired QB coach.

Not big on Hack, but these guys need to shut their mouths, doesn't sound good for the kid, but geez don't make things harder for him

Nooooo it isn't since the report specifically said a player!!

Things are bad enough no need to make stuff up!!

Come on now..

16 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You had this opportunity and you turned it down? Unlike 95% of this board, Woody Johnson is smart enough to have accepted it. Therefore he is smarter than you.

If you like, I can draw this logic flowchart in crayon. Any color except silver -- I'm such a dumbass I ate that crayon because it looked shiny. At least 95% of you would have done the same thing, so at least I'm in good company.

Nope.

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

Latest WalterFootball mock draft:

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php

Mitch Trubisky falling to us at #5 and we pull the trigger. Music to my ears.

Also of note: Pat Mahomes, TTech QB, moves up into the first round...and Watson is back out of the first round and into the second round, as most predicted.

Oh sweet. Just what this team needs. The sh*tty hybrid of Mark Sanchez and Alex Smith.

WalterFootball is, also, hot garbage.

Some of you aren't listening.

The source(s) aren't saying he is a project.  Or that he has a ways to go.  That is the company line from the HC and GM only.

This coach, player, scout, or whatever is saying that HE WILL NEVER BE A STARTING QB. It sounds to me like the source thinks even being a backup is a stretch.

Imagine how awful he must be for someone to say that.

This isn't spite, or some vendetta.  The source would trash the entire organization if that were the case.  There are scarcely few scenarios that  singling out just Hackenberg makes any sense.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Because Petty and Hack is the quickest way for Bowles and Maccagnan to get fired. The fans timeline, the season ticket holder timeline and the FO's timeline are all different.

yet Woody said that the playoffs are not mandatory to keep  their jobs. He said that as long as progress is happening and the team is not regressing he is comfortable with a rebuild.  If Woody was interested in what the fans and STH's wanted bowles and macc would be gone

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Some of you aren't listening.

The source(s) aren't saying he is a project.  Or that he has a ways to go.  That is the company line from the HC and GM only.

This coach, player, scout, or whatever is saying that HE WILL NEVER BE A STARTING QB. It sounds to me like the source thinks even being a backup is a stretch.

Imagine how awful he must be for someone to say that.

This isn't spite, or some vendetta.  The source would trash the entire organization if that were the case.  There are scarcely few scenarios that  singling out just Hackenberg makes any sense.

It's a Manish source, which has proven out to be one of two things in the past 1.) Manish making sh*t up, or 2.) someone jilted by the organization (Rex Ryan) feeding him nonsense.

The Pats beat writers up here know Manish personally and joke during their weekly spots (when the Jets come up) about how he's a pro at trolling, instigating conflict and citing "sources". In other words, they acknowledge he's a fraud.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

If we're going to stink, why sign some JAG "Hold the Fort" veteran?  Why not play Petty & Hack, draft another QB prospect in the late rounds, and go into 2017 with those three?

What is gained via a Fitz-a-like?

And if we draft a #1 QB in 2018, aren't we better off knowing exactly who Petty & Hack are by having played them all 2017, rather than sitting them behind "Insert JAG Veteran Here"?

This.

Petty has started 3 games...3....behind a makeshift OL on a team that had already checked out for the season.  He didn't look great, but he didn't look like the disaster some have made him out to be.

Petty never even had back-up reps on this team until the second half of the season THIS YEAR..

He may amount to nothing, but no one knows that yet...at least based on what we've seen to date.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's a Manish source, which has proven out to be one of two things in the past 1.) Manish making sh*t up, or 2.) someone jilted by the organization (Rex Ryan) feeding him nonsense.

The Pats beat writers up here know Manish personally and joke during their weekly spots (when the Jets come up) about how he's a pro at trolling, instigating conflict and citing "sources". In other words, they acknowledge he's a fraud.

And the ESPN source recently?

And that former Bears scout that tweeted something in August like, "Jets finding out that Hack can't play, no surprise. "

How much smoke do you need to see before thinking that it could be fire?

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Because Petty and Hack is the quickest way for Bowles and Maccagnan to get fired. The fans timeline, the season ticket holder timeline and the FO's timeline are all different.

Ahhh...I'm not so certain that Macc and Bowles's fate is necessarily tied together.  If Woody is making the decision as to who should stay and who should go, and being that Macc didn't hire Bowles in the first place, why should their fate be linked?

What if Macc adds another 7-10 players that show some promise next year and Bowles continues to make bad in-game decisions and the locker room antics continue?

My point is that he SHOULD be able to judge each on their own merits to a certain degree...especially since Macc didn't hire Bowles.

24 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Look, I'm not sold Hack will ever amount to anything.

But if you believe that Manish actually has a meaningful "Jets source" that said this, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

I truly hope your right that Mannish has made up another story.

The alternative is that one of Hack's coaches, his mentor, has thrown a 21 YO kid under the bus.    That's disturbing  

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I truly hope your right that Mannish has made up another story.

The alternative is that one of Hack's coaches, his mentor, has thrown a 21 YO kid under the bus.    That's disturbing  

Reading is fundamental...

The quote said 'Jets starter', not coach or mentor.

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

And the ESPN source recently?

And that former Bears scout that tweeted something in August like, "Jets finding out that Hack can't play, no surprise. "

How much smoke do you need to see before thinking that it could be fire?

I don't know anything about a Bears scout.

I'd bet anything that Manish is making up his "source" remark based on the fact that Schefter had one. I agree, where there is smoke, there is fire. I'm not arguing on behalf of Hack being good. I'm saying let's be clear which is smoke and which is bullsh*t.

Manish is bullsh*t.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I don't know anything about a Bears scout.

I'd bet anything that Manish is making up his "source" remark based on the fact that Schefter had one. I agree, where there is smoke, there is fire. I'm not arguing on behalf of Hack being good. I'm saying let's be clear which is smoke and which is bullsh*t.

Manish is bullsh*t.

OK. 

I get the feeling Hackenberg is so bad, he should find himself on the roster bubble this summer.

F*ck this team. 

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Speaking to the New York Daily News, a Jets source says second-round rookie Christian Hackenberg will "never make it."

"Never," the source emphasized. Hackenberg was a topic of discussion on Thursday after owner Woody Johnson called him a "prospect." Reporter Manish Mehta says he recently asked an anonymous Jets starter if Hackenberg was worth a second-round pick and received a curt "no" in reply. The fact that Hackenberg couldn't get on the field in a lost year where Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith and Bryce Petty were all either injured or ineffective — usually at the same time — says all there is to know about Hack's NFL future.

Perfect storm here. Manish making sh*t up and it being pushed by Rotoworld, a notorious Jets-hating site.

First off, it was Mac who called Hack a prospect - which aligns completely with calling him a project. It's a careful word-choice, not accidental, to make it clear he's being developed. As planned.

He also said that Petty has starter potential. Nobody is talking about that though.

The rest of this is "Manish asked a starter if Hack was worth a 2nd rounder." Knowing Manish, even if he did have this conversation (which I doubt), he's taken liberties with wording from it. 

Anyway, if you guys need to freak out over this... have at it. You're playing right into the unprofessional dreck that defines Manish's work.

10 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Reading is fundamental...

The quote said 'Jets starter', not coach or mentor.

Yes, reading is fundamental, and you can't look at these reports in a vacuum.  

Anonymous Jets Coach: Christian Hackenberg “Couldn’t Hit the Ocean”

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2017/1/2/14144640/anonymous-jets-coach-christian-hackenberg-couldnt-hit-the-ocean

Archived