Per Manish, but worth a thread on Hackenberg's future

Matt39

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So when the Bengals drafted Palmer first overall and didnt play him all season was it because they didnt believe in him, thought he was putrid?  Were they trying to hide their mistake? A terrible mistake?  How could the Bengals draft a QB 1st overall and get nothing out of him?  What a mistake

Enjoy the green Kool-Aid

Palmer had a great college career.  Hackenberg sucked in college he had one good year with Allen Robinson and then got exposed by teams like UMASS and Rutgers.  If he's not good enough to beat out worthless scrubs like Fitzgarbage and Bryce Putrid he is horrible.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, thadude said:

Enjoy the green Kool-Aid

Palmer had a great college career.  Hackenberg sucked in college he had one good year with Allen Robinson and then got exposed by teams like UMASS and Rutgers.  If he's not good enough to beat out worthless scrubs like Fitzgarbage and Bryce Putrid he is horrible.

Your oversimplified evaluation does not tell the full story. 

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

Ok, then watch him play:

And I'm not a fan of Colin Cowherd but he was absolutely right about Hack here:

Trust me, I watched his every snap. And your little snippets of comments and video, do not detail the truth. That is all.

None of that makes him a sure shot starter, nor a scrub as you suggest. Again, your oversimplification of the subject is short sighted.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Trust me, I watched his every snap. And your little snippets of comments and video, do not detail the truth. That is all.

None of that makes him a sure shot starter, nor a scrub as you suggest. Again, your oversimplification of the subject is short sighted.

Well if you've "watched his every snap" you should have a more accurate opinion about Hackenberg which is that he's not a good quarterback, at all.

23 minutes ago, thadude said:

Well if you've "watched his every snap" you should have a more accurate opinion about Hackenberg which is that he's not a good quarterback, at all.

I don't have a ring on my finger as a SB staff evaluator. I am pretty sure that you don't either. So, as you point out, the best we can offer is opinions. As uneducated as they are. That is why I do not make my opinion as being an absolute, as you do here.

I will offer that I have seen Hackenberg more than you have and followed him more closely. I can give actual accounts, rather than what you have done here spouting "Allen Robinson" or showing youtube clips from Collin Cowherd and some short pre-season action.

Again, all of that does not mean Hack can succeed at this level. But it does seem more than just the "the guy won't make it" support you seem to spout.

Dadope

His proof!!!

Crap from the all important preseason game FOUR with no game plan or players

And

Colin Cowturd

Whose first two CANT MISS future supah stah stud QBs in the draft are Lynch and Goff! (Didn't watch the clueless loudmouth dimwit long enough to hear #3)

Very convincing

I'm certain your fellow Jet hating, misery loving members of the SOJF12 club are convinced

Meanwhile loyal Jet fans are looking forward to Petty and Hack and whoever competing for the 2017 job

Those of us who watched Hack play at PSU before Franklin fouled things up are willing to trust their eyes against those of Cowturd

Dadope

His proof!!!

Crap from the all important preseason game FOUR with no game plan or players

And

Colin Cowturd

Whose first two CANT MISS future supah stah stud QBs in the draft are Lynch and Goff! (Didn't watch the clueless loudmouth dimwit long enough to hear #3)

Very convincing

I'm certain your fellow Jet hating, misery loving members of the SOJF12 club are convinced

Meanwhile loyal Jet fans are looking forward to Petty and Hack and whoever competing for the 2017 job

Those of us who watched Hack play at PSU before Franklin fouled things up are willing to trust their eyes against those of Cowturd

Hey it's great that we have so many Hackenburg supporters on here who think he is going to develop into a quality starter.  I have no issue with that even if I totally disagree with that assessment. 

The thing I cannot understand at all though is people who are supporters of Hackenburg and are also happy with how the Jets have handled him.  That baffles me totally because if I was a Hack supporter I would be enraged at the Jets and their coaching staff.

People keep tossing out the 'red shirt year' comment and it reminds me of that Seinfeld episode 'It's a write off Jerry, they just write it off.  All these big companies just write it off."

Pretty well everything we have seen indicates that the Jets have not spent the last year red shirting and working with their prospect QB to get better, they have been red shirting him and pushing him onto the corner to be ignored while more important stuff is on their plate.

Does not get 2nd team reps, does not get 3rd team reps, gets 4th team reps and that means standing around a lot.  The head coach and QB coach both say they are NOT going to touch his mechanics this year when by most people reports that is what has to be worked on.

We find out the the OC already told the org he was retiring this year so the incentive to actually work with a development Qb that needs a lot of work and ALSO work with the 3 guys in front of him is low, even for the QB coach who may feel the QBs performance is tied to him being here this year.

Then we have the actual thought that just telling a guy he is not playing will not give a rational fellow cause to think they don;t trust him at all.  Last game of the season, team winning, nothing game and even then they won;t put him in to mop up while every other qb in the league is at least getting a taste of play.

On top of that we now have these 'sources' blasting him and even though he says it does not concern him it can't be a good thing.

Be a supporter of Hackenburg?  Fine

Be a supporter of Hackenburg and how the jets have 'developed' him this year?  Baffling.

Hey it's great that we have so many Hackenburg supporters on here who think he is going to develop into a quality starter.  I have no issue with that even if I totally disagree with that assessment. 
The thing I cannot understand at all though is people who are supporters of Hackenburg and are also happy with how the Jets have handled him.  That baffles me totally because if I was a Hack supporter I would be enraged at the Jets and their coaching staff.
People keep tossing out the 'red shirt year' comment and it reminds me of that Seinfeld episode 'It's a write off Jerry, they just write it off.  All these big companies just write it off."
Pretty well everything we have seen indicates that the Jets have not spent the last year red shirting and working with their prospect QB to get better, they have been red shirting him and pushing him onto the corner to be ignored while more important stuff is on their plate.
Does not get 2nd team reps, does not get 3rd team reps, gets 4th team reps and that means standing around a lot.  The head coach and QB coach both say they are NOT going to touch his mechanics this year when by most people reports that is what has to be worked on.
We find out the the OC already told the org he was retiring this year so the incentive to actually work with a development Qb that needs a lot of work and ALSO work with the 3 guys in front of him is low, even for the QB coach who may feel the QBs performance is tied to him being here this year.
Then we have the actual thought that just telling a guy he is not playing will not give a rational fellow cause to think they don;t trust him at all.  Last game of the season, team winning, nothing game and even then they won;t put him in to mop up while every other qb in the league is at least getting a taste of play.
On top of that we now have these 'sources' blasting him and even though he says it does not concern him it can't be a good thing.
Be a supporter of Hackenburg?  Fine
Be a supporter of Hackenburg and how the jets have 'developed' him this year?  Baffling.

Not baffling to folks who saw Palmer, Rodgers, Brady etc handled exactly the same way in their rookie seasons

Impatiently throwing a rookie QB in as starter has worked very well for Sanchez, Geno and others

5 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Not baffling to folks who saw Palmer, Rodgers, Brady etc handled exactly the same way in their rookie seasons

Impatiently throwing a rookie QB in as starter has worked very well for Sanchez, Geno and others

They weren't though, not at all.  Not playing <> being developed.  Not sure why this is such a foreign concept. 

We don't play our QB, the packers never played rogers thus we must be doing it right misses the mark totally.  You and some others just keep repeating the same mantra without addressing some of the points I listed.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

They weren't though, not at all.  Not playing <> being developed.  Not sure why this is such a foreign concept. 

We don't play our QB, the packers never played rogers thus we must be doing it right misses the mark totally.  You and some others just keep repeating the same mantra without addressing some of the points I listed.

Now that they've fired/retired Gailey what difference does it really make. He'll be starting all over in a new offense in 2017. He could have spent the 2016 season learning the playbook and breaking down film which would basically be wasted effort. Everyone on offense starts all over again next season.

9 hours ago, thadude said:

Enjoy the green Kool-Aid

So let's get this straight, the logic changes to fit your argument.  You decided that Hack not playing means he sucks and Palmer sitting is different.  And of course there's the crediting any success to a WR.

Archived