Per Manish, but worth a thread on Hackenberg's future

Matt39

2 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

He was sacked over 100 times in college. I'm not sure there's a QB in the nation who wouldn't have looked bad in that situation.

Agreed. If Hackenberg is to be successful, it will be despite the Jets doing everything in their power to sabotage him. With the CBA, it's not like the Jets could work with him during the off-season anyway, so it's up to him to get a QB tutor in place and put in the required work to get his issues corrected.

it's all on hack.  he's got to figure it out himself.  in the end, it's up to the player anyway.  give brady credit, he always spent the offseason working on his footwork.  always.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes much better roster allocation, to dress a guy who never played over not dressing a guy.

We had 4 qbs taking roster spots all year, Bilal powel was out backup Qb on an occasion or two, the ny jets have leaders in poor roster management,

Just now, Beerfish said:

We had 4 qbs taking roster spots all year, Bilal powel was out backup Qb on an occasion or two, the ny jets have leaders in poor roster management,

But yet your lauding the fact that Cook dressed and sat on the bench all season for Oak. You can't have it both ways.

hack sucks and so do the coaches for not allowing him to get in game experience in meaningless games
he will never be ready folks deal with it-he will be less productive than browning nagle
our gm set up this team with 4 qbs and each and every one of them sucks-we will now head into the third year of his regime and  who will  our qb be? I can even see them bringing fitz back -that is how bad our gm is

The block party continues

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

But yet your lauding the fact that Cook dressed and sat on the bench all season for Oak. You can't have it both ways.

Apparently I can.  I would rather the Jets dress a 3rd qb all year if they are going to carry 4 on the roster than not.  Being dressed and part of the team is better than being in a hoody. 

15 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the fact that he is not good enough to play in a meaningless game is reason to rip him-the coaches with nothing to play for did not want him to go out and get his confidence hurt-sounds like he not only sucks but is mentally soft too which does not surprise me considering he blamed all of his late college failures on everybody but himself

The point still stands. 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Apparently I can.  I would rather the Jets dress a 3rd qb all year if they are going to carry 4 on the roster than not.  Being dressed and part of the team is better than being in a hoody. 

Why , please explain .

4 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

OMG lol... she is one of my fav's of this generation. I think the movie she played in with ObiOne where they were clones of rich humans when they got sick to have extra body parts.... lmao... all I can say is WOW.

tumblr_mdij7mflot1qetp0uo2_250.gif

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Why , please explain .

#1 if you get a QB hurt then you don;t have to have a running back as a backup.

#2 If you dress each game, go through all the pre game prep and get in on all the QB talk and experience actual game day it helps not just for the player but also for the team mates that see him as a viable part of the team instead of the jab who throws at practice.

#3 The last spot on a game day roster for other positions often doesn't make a super impact on the game anyway. 

41 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I like Hack. Same can't be said about post-Star Ledger Manish.

I was also in my seats early for the last game of the year vs the Bills and saw Hack warm up. He was repeatedly missing WRs in simply timing drills.  I hope beyond hope that Hack turns out to be the real deal, but I also don't rule out this report not being true just because it's another one of Manish's anonymous sources speaking out. 

I wonder which of his two most used 'anonymous' sources this came from.  Was it his left ass cheek or his right?

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

#2 If you dress each game, go through all the pre game prep and get in on all the QB talk and experience actual game day it helps not just for the player but also for the team mates that see him as a viable part of the team instead of the jab who throws at practice.

#3 The last spot on a game day roster for other positions often doesn't make a super impact on the game anyway. 

Your way over thinking the role of a 3rd or 4th string QB.  #2 is grasping at straws and #3 is flat out ludicrous.  Your worrying about a 4th string QB having to play QB , but your not worried about having special team depth - which oh BTW is a unit that Jet fans killed all year.

There is really no reason for Hackenberg to have not seen any real game reps during a completely lost and miserable season.  Even if his performance was putrid, it would have at least given the impression that the organization had SOME kind of confidence in him to succeed by putting him out there. By not playing him, it's almost as if the Jets were trying to "hide" him and their terrible mistake of drafting him. this is ALL on the GM and he needs to be taken to task for it.  You cannot draft someone in the second round that literally has ZERO impact on the team.  How Mac has gotten a free pass on this is beyond me.

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Your way over thinking the role of a 3rd or 4th string QB.  #2 is grasping at straws and #3 is flat out ludicrous.  Your worrying about a 4th string QB having to play QB , but your not worried about having special team depth - which oh BTW is a unit that Jet fans killed all year.

Our bottom end oline, and such do not play specials.  We will have to agree to disagree on this.  I'll take Oaklands roster management over the jets

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

There is really no reason for Hackenberg to have not seen any real game reps during a completely lost and miserable season.  Even if his performance was putrid, it would have at least given the impression that the organization had SOME kind of confidence in him to succeed by putting him out there. By not playing him, it's almost as if the Jets were trying to "hide" him and their terrible mistake of drafting him. this is ALL on the GM and he needs to be taken to task for it.  You cannot draft someone in the second round that literally has ZERO impact on the team.  How Mac has gotten a free pass on this is beyond me.

So if he played a few meaningless snaps in the Bills game or even started the Bills game - would the rhetoric about him have changed - absolutely not.

3 hours ago, peebag said:

I don't think the Raiders have a choice....Cook is last man standing.

No I get it.  Guess my point is that they are starting Cook instead of finding a veteran off the street.  No doubt in my mind that if we were in the same boat, Bowles/Mcc would not have considered starting Hack.  They would have signed a veteran QB to play the game.

49 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So if he played a few meaningless snaps in the Bills game or even started the Bills game - would the rhetoric about him have changed - absolutely not.

If he had anything to offer he would have at least been given the opportunity to alter the rhetoric about him. It's not like we're only now seeing eyebrows being raised regarding his inability to get off the bench. It was being discussed as far back as the preseason.

How can people continue to make excuses for this horrendous situation. A 2nd round QB pick sits behind 3 utter stiffs (and not 1 of them were drafted in a higher round than Hack) during a season that was deep-sixed by Halloween and the team has no intention on giving him at least a little look-see with live action? Even rookie year Chad got some playing time in a Sunday night blowout in Oakland in a year where 2 much more capable QBs (Vinny & Lucas) than what we have now were ahead of him on the depth chart. I'm sure Penny wasn't supposed to see the field at all in 2000 either, yet when the opportunity arose, he did.

Simply put, this Hack situation is utter garbage because 1: the player is crap & 2: the idiot GM decided to use a 2 on a round 5-7 talent. NO ONE was picking Hack before then and even if they had, better them than us.

If he had anything to offer he would have at least been given the opportunity to alter the rhetoric about him. It's not like we're only now seeing eyebrows being raised regarding his inability to get off the bench. It was being discussed as far back as the preseason.
How can people continue to make excuses for this horrendous situation. A 2nd round QB pick sits behind 3 utter stiffs (and not 1 of them were drafted in a higher round than Hack) during a season that was deep-sixed by Halloween and the team has no intention on giving him at least a little look-see with live action? Even rookie year Chad got some playing time in a Sunday night blowout in Oakland in a year where 2 much more capable QBs (Vinny & Lucas) than what we have now were ahead of him on the depth chart. I'm sure Penny wasn't supposed to see the field at all in 2000 either, yet when the opportunity arose, he did.
Simply put, this Hack situation is utter garbage because 1: the player is crap & 2: the idiot GM decided to use a 2 on a round 5-7 talent. NO ONE was picking Hack before then and even if they had, better them than us.

Welcome

3 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Jets Organization: Hackenburg will redshirt in 2016

Jets Fans: OK

Hack redshirts

Jets Fans: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

No.

Jets organization:  We will not force him too early but will see how he does.

Jets fans: Ok

Jets organization:  We are red shirting  him to develop him.

Jets organization:  We don't really have a plan for him as our oc told us he was packing it in after this year and we will spend all our time on our 3 other jag qbs.

Jets Fans:  Ok  (starting to fidget)

Jets Organizational leaks:  This guy will NEVER make it , can't hit the ocean and was not worth a 2nd rounder

Half of Jets Fans:  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Other half of jets fans: 

post-64231-this-is-fine-dog-fire-comic-I

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No.

Jets organization:  We will not force him too early but will see how he does.

Jets organization:  We are red shirting  him to develop him.

Jets organization:  We don't really have a plan for him as our oc told us he was packing it in after this year and we will spend all our time on our 3 other jag qbs.

Jets Fans:  Ok  (starting to fidget)

Jets Organizational leaks:  This guy will NEVER make it , can't hit the ocean and was not worth a 2nd rounder

Half of Jets Fans:  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Other half of jets fans: 

post-64231-this-is-fine-dog-fire-comic-I

Stop. You knew, or should have known, he was redshirting the whole year. I did. 

1 hour ago, glenn31 said:

In reality what does it matter where he was drafted. The plan from the outset was to "redshirt" Hack - so why all the panic now. If he never pans out - so what ,NFL history is littered with 2nd round picks that never make it. Let's step off the ledge , see how this all plays out and then react.

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

In reality what does it matter where he was drafted. The plan from the outset was to "redshirt" Hack - so why all the panic now. If he never pans out - so what ,NFL history is littered with 2nd round picks that never make it. Let's step off the ledge , see how this all plays out and then react.

Because Hack would be the 35th 2nd round pick in a row that was a total bust

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

to be fair, I'd rather have Powell at QB than Hackenberg

26 minutes ago, thadude said:

Because Hack would be the 35th 2nd round pick in a row that was a total bust

David Harris, Gastineau, Wesley Walker but I get the point. But I'll let you in on a little secret , every NFL team misses on draft picks , the notion that this only applies to the Jets is so SOJF.

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

Stop. You knew, or should have known, he was redshirting the whole year. I did. 

I've never heard once in all my years of a football fan of a the term red shirting been used in the NFL.

What makes it okay to 'red shirt' if there is not plan whatsoever to develop the guy the year he sits out?  No one has answerd that for me yet.  All I have heard is 'every one knows he was red shirting this year' which means zero.

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

David Harris, Gastineau, Wesley Walker but I get the point. But I'll let you in on a little secret , every NFL team misses on draft picks , the notion that this only applies to the Jets is so SOJF.

There is 'missing on picks' and then there is reaching badly for flawed prospects that you have fallen in love with.  One is the odds of the game the other is bad gming.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

There is 'missing on picks' and then there is reaching badly for flawed prospects that you have fallen in love with.  One is the odds of the game the other is bad gming.

Give me a call from the war room this May , we can consult on who the Jets should pick.

Archived