Sam Darnold,USC QB

johnnyjet

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my God, we've been over and over this for days. Sam Darnold is the promised one. He will lead us to greatness. He is a redshirt Freshman and will be draft eligible in 2018. He is an amazing prospect who in one night made me a believer, and the more I research him and his season, the more I believe.

We must go 1-15 at BEST next year, we need to trot out Hackenpetty to not be able to hit the ocean, but have them do it from behind an impregnable wall of an OLine we build up over the next 6-8 months. 

Darnold. He is the way, the truth, and the light.

I cant see our GM and coaching staff saying ok lets tank this year so we can draft X player. I would love to draft a guy like Darnold but there are so many things that can happen between now and next year. What if goes back to school, what if we win 7 games,  what happens if he gets hurt, what if he turns to sh*t next year. Its not the way NFL teams think going into a new league year, granted we might be bad enough to get a top 1-5 pick but I don't see Mac going with Hack or Petty as his starters. If they don't bring in a Vet they will draft a guy high or maybe both. There are just too many variables for me to even begin to think about who we are going to draft in 2018. I am more concerned with the 2017 FA period and the draft.

13 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I cant see our GM and coaching staff saying ok lets tank this year so we can draft X player. I would love to draft a guy like Darnold but there are so many things that can happen between now and next year. What if goes back to school, what if we win 7 games,  what happens if he gets hurt, what if he turns to sh*t next year. Its not the way NFL teams think going into a new league year, granted we might be bad enough to get a top 1-5 pick but I don't see Mac going with Hack or Petty as his starters. If they don't bring in a Vet they will draft a guy high or maybe both. There are just too many variables for me to even begin to think about who we are going to draft in 2018. I am more concerned with the 2017 FA period and the draft.

We don't need to tank to go 1-15. We have the talent and coaching to do it.

We also don't need to have the first pick in the draft either... Let's hope Macc is smart enough to work around the draft this coming year to maybe stockpile a few picks in the 2018 draft to move up if necessary.

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

It would be JETS luck that we have the first pick in the draft in 2018 and the kid decides to stay in college...

Happened w/ Peyton Manning twice back in the mid 90's.  He stayed in school after both his Soph and Jr seasons (both years we had the #1 overall pick).

13 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Sam Darnold. 

Rhymes with Kevin Arnold.

And we all know what he wore...

I posted this in another thread -  That Jacket is displayed in the Smithsonian Museum of American History. Right next to Phyllis Diller's dress

Scouting is very simple, the NFL pays way too much on this.

- Never draft a USC QB.

- Always draft Penn state linebackers

- Never draft Wisconsin RBs'

-  Always draft Boston College olineman

-  Never draft corners from Alabama

- Always draft corners from FSU or Florida

- Never draft WR's from FSU or Florida

- Always draft pass rushers from small schools

- Sometimes draft QBs from Cal

- Always draft Polynesian olineman and nose tackles.

- Never draft linebackers from Ohio state

- Always draft centers from Ohio State.

Any and all exceptions to these rules will be ignored.

14 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Winnie should have punched him in the face just for wearing that jacket

But Winnie did eventually put out.

But Jets, we're screwed. 

Will sign Glennon, win 6 games, Bowles get fried anyway, Darnold goes onto a HoF career elsewhere. 

And the Jets draft in round 1 a safety in 2017 and a DL guy in 2018, and hire another defense-first HC. 

Not sure how anyone buys tickets to this circus any more. 

15 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

How long would we have to suck to get him

Do we ever want to draft another Trojan? 

Just things to ponder until the pats win another Lombardi next month.  Ugh.  

I think if we go 1-15 next year we have a chance to grab him.. He will come out next year.... very few QBs pull a peyton manning

15 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Oh my God, we've been over and over this for days. Sam Darnold is the promised one. He will lead us to greatness. He is a redshirt Freshman and will be draft eligible in 2018. He is an amazing prospect who in one night made me a believer, and the more I research him and his season, the more I believe.

We must go 1-15 at BEST next year, we need to trot out Hackenpetty to not be able to hit the ocean, but have them do it from behind an impregnable wall of an OLine we build up over the next 6-8 months. 

Darnold. He is the way, the truth, and the light.

OMG. The next Messiah, gleaned from one season as a starter at USC. Lets see what he does next year when he can actually be drafted before we put him in Canton. Sheesh.

45 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Seems to me that Matt Leinart, and Matt Barkley were both drafted after Mark Sanchez who also had just one year as a starter. How are these guys doing now?

So Darnold sucks because of a couple guys who also happened to play at the same school 7 years ago?

Archived