Jets Lose Team Reporter

Maxman

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Quick question:  When going to a Jeane for a player interview on SNY's post game show, why do the male hosts always say "our" Jeane Coakley?  Seems patronizing and unnecessary. 

Funny, they do say that, I dunno- it never struck me as insulting or sexist or anything. Felt endearing almost but yeah it's a little odd 

Just now, David Harris said:

Funny, they do say that, I dunno- it never struck me as insulting or sexist or anything. Felt endearing almost but yeah it's a little odd 

I don't think it's intentionally sexist or demeaning.  But it shows bad form on the part of the male members (no pun) in studio.  My wife notices it every time.

If they or the show's producers are reading this, please ask the hosts to just say, "And here's Jeane Coakley with....".

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

And she gets way too close to the players when doing the interview.  Plus, stares like a mental patient at the camera as she throws it back to the studio.

Having said all that, I still do like her on the post game show.

Now, back to "our", munchmemory.

I can't believe this has gotten that much attention. She was working for the team, not an independent media outlet. Don't know the full story but three things:

(a) she wasn't even that good, (b) why does she think she is so important?, and (c) why are we even wasting time talking about this crap:blink:.   

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

I don't think it's intentionally sexist or demeaning.  But it shows bad form on the part of the male members (no pun) in studio.  My wife notices it every time.

If they or the show's producers are reading this, please ask the hosts to just say, "And here's Jeane Coakley with....".

Our is just a branding tool and shows that person actually works at that station. It's not a possessive thing. Male anchors toss to male reporters with the same verbiage and female anchors to male, etc. If ESPN was having Manish on (dear god) they wouldn't say our, they'd give attribution to where he works. It's just the way it's done. Don't read too much into it. 

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

What about when they add "take it away, toots"?

10 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Our is just a branding tool and shows that person actually works at that station. It's not a possessive thing. Male anchors toss to male reporters with the same verbiage and female anchors to male, etc. If ESPN was having Manish on (dear god) they wouldn't say our, they'd give attribution to where he works. It's just the way it's done. Don't read too much into it. 

I'm not.  Just sounds off. Makes her sound less than the other reporters.  Almost like a "Junior" reporter.  If I'm the show's producer, I get rid of it.

Also agree with your appraisal that it might be a branding tool.  

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Quick question:  When going to a Jeane for a player interview on SNY's post game show, why do the male hosts always say "our" Jeane Coakley?  Seems patronizing and unnecessary. 

Because she's part of the team. Much like when my boss introduces me to perspective clients and refers to me as "Our computer science and robotics department head". Does it really matter? Or is this what is called a micro aggression by people looking for things to complain about?

Eric Allen is kinda a douche. I used to work out with him at the local gym. Would always talk Jets with me, but was more of a puppet than anything. He defended every Idzik move like he was the messiah during his tenure

12 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Because she's part of the team. Much like when my boss introduces me to perspective clients and refers to me as "Our computer science and robotics department head". Does it really matter? Or is this what is called a micro aggression by people looking for things to complain about?

Dude, it's the friggin' offseason.  I'm bored as fuk, so having this meaningless conversation is just a diversion from me going to open a bottle of something before this afternoon's playoff game.  

And for the record, I've never heard the SNY guys use the "our" description for anyone other than Jeane. 

Hack pursued her all season.  Wasn't getting anywhere.  In turn, several of the vets ran the train on her.  She earned the nickname "The Ocean" in the locker room.  Everyone got to take a dip, except Hack.  As a result, guys in the locker room were all saying "Hack couldn't hit the ocean" behind his back.

2 hours ago, SBBound said:

I can't believe this has gotten that much attention. She was working for the team, not an independent media outlet. Don't know the full story but three things:

(a) she wasn't even that good, (b) why does she think she is so important?, and (c) why are we even wasting time talking about this crap:blink:.   

The Jet's are done.  Our off season has begun.  JN members are bored out of their skulls.  That's why.

7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Bunch of people in this thread who have obviously never worked in the media. When you work for a team like this, and Eric Allen is a prime example, you're basically selling your journalistic soul. You have to paint everything green and white and it's obviously not based on reports. She probably got fed up with having to ask these softball questions about what's your favorite super hero and why on Snapchat. To her it probably felt like lighting her degree on fire. I mean she has probably seen and heard a million things and since she's a "team reporter" she would never be allowed to report on it. Probably very tough if it's her first time gig and not the way she was taught.

I also see nothing that she did that was classless or demeaning to the Jets on the way out. The media is a tough business and it's become even tougher since November 9th. She's probably happy to be done and moving on to bigger and better things than having to glad hand a 2nd rate franchise. I wish her the best and hope she lands on her feet. 

Lol.

Yeah, maybe she can get a real reporter job with the likes of Fox News or MSNBC.

56 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Hack pursued her all season.  Wasn't getting anywhere.  In turn, several of the vets ran the train on her.  She earned the nickname "The Ocean" in the locker room.  Everyone got to take a dip, except Hack.  As a result, guys in the locker room were all saying "Hack couldn't hit the ocean" behind his back.

I see what you did there

1 hour ago, Mecca said:

Eric Allen is kinda a douche. I used to work out with him at the local gym. Would always talk Jets with me, but was more of a puppet than anything. He defended every Idzik move like he was the messiah during his tenure

Not knocking the man personally, but I agree that his lack of charismatic appeal and nasally bland presentation just makes those internet Jets news clips UNBEARABLE. The production of the pieces have improved under his tenure, but they simply need to get a more appealing and charismatic host for that medium. He's ran his course and is obnoxious now while they keep dumping his newly added sidekick every year. 

1 hour ago, jmat321 said:

tumblr_o3bbg7QXyY1uqe8iio1_500.gif

10 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Lol.

Yeah, maybe she can get a real reporter job with the likes of Fox News or MSNBC.

I don't see why she couldn't in due time. I'm not going to guess at what her next move will be, depends on if she wants to stick with sports or is willing to do news. Not sure what you find funny though. 

1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I am bummed out  I was hoping that we lost that rat,  Mandouche  Mehta.  Oh well maybe next time

Mehta is a d*ck too. He DM'd me making fun of my profile picture a few years back.

Cimini is cool. I had breakfast with him a few years ago at the local hotel during Jet camp. 

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Her role was to keep people from having to stare directly at Eric Allen and she couldn't do that, so they'll go out to Staten Island and find some C-level pair of Italian buttcheeks to squeeze into green yoga pants and try again. She shouldn't feel too bad, really. The Jets marketing and forward presentation is so idiotic and cheap that they wouldn't be able to compete for ticket sales against the Bridgeport Bluefish if they were in this market. You're talking about a team that marched out Jay Fiedler as a season ticket draw a few weeks ago. The Bluefish, meanwhile, rolled out Roger Clemens, Doc Gooden, and Ric Flair this year. 

They couldn't fit them both in the frame together lol, I always thought what the hell is the camera man doing when you would only see Alex's head and Erics torso side by side.  There was a tremendous height disparity between the two lol.

I haven't read the whole thread yet but if nobody has said it....

Looks like the Jets found Manish Mehtas "source"

23 hours ago, Maxman said:

This one says she will get the last laugh. I hope they had her sign a non-compete. If she goes to the Cheaters she will have a 100 receptions easily.

Alex2.PNG

She almost looks like a NE girl already.  I mean it looks like we got a northface jacket, some yoga pants, a me vs the world attitude... Just missing the uggs.  I'm sure Kraft is sending her a special TB12 pair as we speak!

9 hours ago, Mecca said:

Sounds like a good and smart company man.  All he needs is to talk sh*t about his company to you and you decide to tweet out to the world all he said.  Bad optics mang

Archived