Tyrod Taylor Thoughts ...

KRL

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hack -- totally agree. We can't judge him at all. We didn't see him. He will get a ton of action in OTAs though, especially because Petty is going to be sidelined.

I disagree.  I think it's fair to judge him simply because the GM and/or coach chose to not let him take one snap in what was a lost year.  I think that's pretty telling as far as what they think of him.  Either he's miles and miles from being ready to be considered an NFL QB or he just flat out stinks.  I hope he gets a chance somehow to prove that thinking wrong.

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

I disagree.  I think it's fair to judge him simply because the GM and/or coach chose to not let him take one snap in what was a lost year.  I think that's pretty telling as far as what they think of him.  Either he's miles and miles from being ready to be considered an NFL QB or he just flat out stinks.  I hope he gets a chance somehow to prove that thinking wrong.

I think he is going to get a chance. Unless they go QB at # 6 and hand him the job right away. Otherwise we are looking at a veteran free agent and may the best man win. It would be great it is Hack.

42 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think he is going to get a chance.

If not, it says an awful lot.  If you have no QB in place, and your 2nd round draft pick QB is still unable to even take snaps in preseason in his second year......wow.  That's a serious level of over drafting/reaching at that point.

42 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Otherwise we are looking at a veteran free agent and may the best man win. It would be great it is Hack.

Agree on best man win.  Disagree as strongly as I can on "veteran free agent".  Apart from winning perhaps 1 extra game in a loser year, having some castoff free agent vet does nothing for this franchise.  

Draft Picks (Petty, Hack, someone new?) and/or legitimate young Free Agent QB's we THINK can be franhcise (i.e. Glennon?  Tyrod i he shook loose?  Is there anyone else really likely to be available?).

No Fitz's.  No Hoyers.  

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Agree on best man win.  Disagree as strongly as I can on "veteran free agent".  Apart from winning perhaps 1 extra game in a loser year, having some castoff free agent vet does nothing for this franchise.  

No Fitz's.  No Hoyers.  

Completely agree. Say no to any of the free agents. Wasting a year or more on another "placeholder" while waiting for our next "franchise" QB is a complete waste of time.  Crash and burn with what we have and if the consensus is that we DON'T have a franchise QB on our roster, draft one if available at # 6. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

If not, it says an awful lot.  If you have no QB in place, and your 2nd round draft pick QB is still unable to even take snaps in preseason in his second year......wow.  That's a serious level of over drafting/reaching at that point.

Draft Picks (Petty, Hack, someone new?) and/or legitimate young Free Agent QB's we THINK can be franhcise (i.e. Glennon?  Tyrod i he shook loose?  Is there anyone else really likely to be available?).

No Fitz's.  No Hoyers.  

I think a lot will be determined by Petty's rehab. If he is going to miss OTAs and Minicamp can you have Hack as the starter? That would really send a message they are going QB at # 6.

I guess I would prefer Kapernick since Morton knows him better and he might be more comfortable working together. 

I like Tyrod and think he can be successful in the NFL.  Maybe he resigns with Buffalo if no other teams want him. 

But Arians may want him as a backup.  Browns can also use him. 

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

I think a lot will be determined by Petty's rehab. If he is going to miss OTAs and Minicamp can you have Hack as the starter? That would really send a message they are going QB at # 6.

Agreed.  

That, and what Macc really thinks of Petty.  We have some evidence of the hesitation of Macc/Bowles to go with Petty last year, it is possible tghey simply don't believe he can be that guy.

16 hours ago, peebag said:

No, he got hit because Brandon Shell whiffed on two guys coming through - dude got plastered.  

He got hit primarily due to his own confusion, holding onto the ball too long instead of letting it go.  And not knowing blocking assignments.  Too easy to blame the OL

He got hit primarily due to his own confusion, holding onto the ball too long instead of letting it go.  And not knowing blocking assignments.  Too easy to blame the OL

Yes there were some plays that he was completely at fault. But he is basically a rookie and still a raw one at that being from the Baylor offense.

If you put Bryce Petty behind say a Dallas offensive line you would see him put up 2015 Fitz like numbers. If you have great protection up front you can run the ball very effectively and set up the pass. Also if you have great protection something is going to give with the coverage downfield. With the rule changes in the NFL something is always bound to give in coverage if you can get 4-5 seconds to throw.

The unsung heros of the 2009-2010 Jets was that excellant O line we had upfront and 6 years later we have clearly taken that for granted. We replaced none of the free agents we signed like Woody or Faneca.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Completely agree. Say no to any of the free agents. Wasting a year or more on another "placeholder" while waiting for our next "franchise" QB is a complete waste of time.  Crash and burn with what we have and if the consensus is that we DON'T have a franchise QB on our roster, draft one if available at # 6. 

The "placeholders" Taylor and Glennon, either one would be our best qb by far since 1998 Vinny

2 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Yes there were some plays that he was completely at fault. But he is basically a rookie and still a raw one at that being from the Baylor offense.

If you put Bryce Petty behind say a Dallas offensive line you would see him put up 2015 Fitz like numbers. If you have great protection up front you can run the ball very effectively and set up the pass. Also if you have great protection something is going to give with the coverage downfield. With the rule changes in the NFL something is always bound to give in coverage if you can get 4-5 seconds to throw.

The unsung heros of the 2009-2010 Jets was that excellant O line we had upfront and 6 years later we have clearly taken that for granted. We replaced none of the free agents we signed like Woody or Faneca.

Sanchez > Petty

And I think Sanchez sucks 

Ironic you say that because Taylor's strength as a passer is actually throwing downfield

... yeah ... i really need to see film on him to see if he was hitting first reads or letting the play develop naturally .. or got in the habit of breaking the pocket to throw the secondary off ... a dangerous strategy

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Pocket awareness and knowing how to read blitzes and shuffle protection is so huge

That's why guys like Brady, Wilson and Eli Manning can make the playoffs with worse offensive lines than what we had last year while Bruce Petty needs the 90's era Dallas Cowboys' OL before we are allowed to even evaluate him

9 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

I agree totally.  But some blame all the sacks on the OL and it's really not the case.  It's more Pettys inexperience being an issue.  I always point to that 09 OL as a one of the reasons a rookie Sanchez could play a bit back in his day.  Helped him with protection, the run game etc

2 hours ago, thadude said:

Pocket awareness and knowing how to read blitzes and shuffle protection is so huge

That's why guys like Brady, Wilson and Eli Manning can make the playoffs with worse offensive lines than what we had last year while Bruce Petty needs the 90's era Dallas Cowboys' OL before we are allowed to even evaluate him

And just as important that small window of opportunity is when you have to let the ball go.  Can't sit waiting for the WR to get open, have to trust the play and throw him open.  Holding the ball the extra few seconds gets you killed

I'm intrigued by the idea of Tyrod Taylor in a spread offense with some of our young receivers. If we can create a gameplan predicated upon quick reads, some Quarterback runs / read options, and some deep shots to Robby Anderson and Devin Smith, we could find something special. I don't think it'll necessarily happen, but we're all Jets fan, if it weren't for the idea of "potential" we'd have nothing.

8 minutes ago, Wolfie2144 said:

I'm intrigued by the idea of Tyrod Taylor in a spread offense with some of our young receivers. If we can create a gameplan predicated upon quick reads, some Quarterback runs / read options, and some deep shots to Robby Anderson and Devin Smith, we could find something special. I don't think it'll necessarily happen, but we're all Jets fan, if it weren't for the idea of "potential" we'd have nothing.

Actually, we have nothing.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Actually, we have nothing.

Haha you have to admit, don't you get some type of relief around week 14 when we're officially eliminated from the playoffs and you officially start looking at mock drafts and predicting how great the Jets offseason will be? If it weren't for that, I don't know if I could keep up this love affair with the Jets.

20 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And just as important that small window of opportunity is when you have to let the ball go.  Can't sit waiting for the WR to get open, have to trust the play and throw him open.  Holding the ball the extra few seconds gets you killed

You have to know what you're doing in order to throw quick passes like that.  If you try to do 3 step drop and quick pass and don't know what you're doing you become Geno Smith

On 2/4/2017 at 4:32 AM, Reynolds1029 said:

Don't know how he was basically a rookie, he was a second year player.  Period.

There  is nothing on what he did that would lead anyone to believe with a better OL he could throw for almost 4K yards and 30 TDs.  That's pure fantasy, based on nothing we've seen him do on a football field. 

The OL hardly gave up sacks to the vet QBs because they're not young inexperienced QBs without a clue

Archived