Tyrod Taylor Thoughts ...

KRL

Just now, NoBowles said:

This is comical, in your mind a QB is either a "modern QB" or a "gun slinger" and that is the only two types of QB's.... Your advocating for Taylor yet you are calling Glennon an overrated check down king?? Can't make this crap up.

Google Glennon Checkdown please before speaking without knowledge

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Know who else is short and has trouble, at times, throwing over the middle?

Drew Brees.

I'd say he's made a pretty good career of it despite having to crane his neck to see over his linemen. 

Not sure why that is relevant exactly. Brees actually uses the middle of the field, Taylor does not.

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Know who else is short and has trouble, at times, throwing over the middle?

Drew Brees.

I'd say he's made a pretty good career of it despite having to crane his neck to see over his linemen. 

Taylor is listed at 6'1"

For comparison:

Drew Brees (as you mentioned) = 6'0"

Russell Wilson = 5'11"

Aaron Rodgers = 6'2"

Taylor's on the taller end of this group. It's a stretch to suggest 1" is meaningful from 6'1" to 6'2" tall, but it's not significant for those 1-2" shorter. Style aside, it's indisputable all 3 of the above are more than capable of getting the job done. No one brought up the 6'2" tall Ryan Fitzpatrick's height for 2 years. Nor Brett Favre, nor that carrot top in Cincinnati, etc.

Whatever Taylor mayor may not have as a QB, being 6'1" tall isn't what would prevent him from being good enough.

I love how everyone is assuming the Bills are an org that knows what it's doing.  You know, the same org that hasn't been to the playoffs in this millenium and drafted EJ Manuel in the 1st round.  Yeah, that's a franchise that has nailed it at every turn.

Tyrod being let go won't make him a "castoff".  It'll be yet another blunder by a stupid organization.  And yes, even as Jets fans, we can make fun of the Bills.  They actually hired Rex Ryan after watching his stupid a$$ coach in the same division for 6 years.

Just now, thadude said:

So you are describing a qb who is way better than any qb we have had since Vinny in '98?

I agree Mecca

yes. Tyrod would be the best QB we've had since Pennington prime

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Taylor is listed at 6'1"

For comparison:

Drew Brees (as you mentioned) = 6'0"

Russell Wilson = 5'11"

Aaron Rodgers = 6'2"

Taylor's on the taller end of this group. It's a stretch to suggest 1" is meaningful from 6'1" to 6'2" tall, but it's not significant for those 1-2" shorter. Style aside, it's indisputable all 3 of the above are more than capable of getting the job done. No one brought up the 6'2" tall Ryan Fitzpatrick's height for 2 years. Nor Brett Favre, that carrot top in Cincinnati, etc.

Whatever Taylor mayor may not have as a QB, being 6'1" tall isn't what would prevent him from being good enough.

I agree, I don't think it has to do with his height either, but its really weird when you watch him and how the defense plays him how he just ignores the middle of the field.

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

You: 2 types of QB's, modern or gun slinger.

Me clueless.

Yes, LOL. You sure know what your talking about.

No, you're throwing words into my mouth because you don't have a high football IQ.

Glennon is a checkdown king with inflated stats because he was going against prevent defenses ala Blake Bortles

Advanced NFL Stats' Win Probability Added and Expected Points Added statistics don't like Glennon too much. In EPA per play, he's ranked 33rd. In WPA per game, 39th. ESPN's Total QBR, which tries to add in game charting to distribute blame between quarterback and supporting cast, has Mike Glennon ranked 26th. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I love how everyone is assuming the Bills are an org that knows what it's doing.  You know, the same org that hasn't been to the playoffs in this millenium and drafted EJ Manuel in the 1st round.  Yeah, that's a franchise that has nailed it at every turn.

Tyrod being let go won't make him a "castoff".  It'll be yet another blunder by a stupid organization.  And yes, even as Jets fans, we can make fun of the Bills.

Yeah no qb who has ever been let go has ever been succesful or won a super bowl

Just ask Brees, Warner, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Randall Cunningham, Vinny

1 minute ago, Mecca said:

No, you're throwing words into my mouth because you don't have a high football IQ.

Glennon is a checkdown king with inflated stats because he was going against prevent defenses ala Blake Bortles

Advanced NFL Stats' Win Probability Added and Expected Points Added statistics don't like Glennon too much. In EPA per play, he's ranked 33rd. In WPA per game, 39th. ESPN's Total QBR, which tries to add in game charting to distribute blame between quarterback and supporting cast, has Mike Glennon ranked 26th. 

Oh, that clears it up, he is no gun slinger, so I guess your right after all. LOL

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

A dislike for run-first QB's who can't read Defenses and can;t see enough to throw effectively over the middle, is a dislike for run-first QB's who can't read defenses who can;t see well enough to throw over the middle, of ANY race and ANY ethnic group.

And a desire for a big, tall, accurate strong-armed pocket passer does not equate to white supremacism.  

Can you provide a list of run-first QBs you dislike and a list of pocket passers you like, just for the sake of reference?

1 minute ago, Mecca said:

Wow you love irrelevant made up stat categories.  

What's Mike Glennon's WAR?

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Gentlemen, please. If Taylor couldn't succeed at a Drew Brees level with the HC I've heard singlehandedly ruined every QB he breathed near, then he couldn't possibly be any good ever. 

So I guess to clear it up, if Drew Brees and Alex Smith made a baby, he would be Tyrod Taylor?

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tyrod being let go won't make him a "castoff".  It'll be yet another blunder by a stupid organization.  And yes, even as Jets fans, we can make fun of the Bills.  They actually hired Rex Ryan after watching his stupid a$$ coach in the same division for 6 years.

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Gentlemen, please. If Taylor couldn't succeed at a Drew Brees level with the HC I've heard singlehandedly ruined every QB he breathed near, then he couldn't possibly be any good ever. 

Can I just ask what Drew Brees has to do with how good Tyrod Taylor is? I am a bit confused on this one, is Drew Brees a modern QB or a gun slinger?

Just now, Mecca said:

I gave you 3 different articles agreeing with my argument and you haven't provided any. I'm done. you lost in my mind.

cool, thanks for the articles, I'll be sure to read them and see how Tyrod Taylor is actually quite good.

Just now, NoBowles said:

cool, thanks for the articles, I'll be sure to read them and see how Tyrod Taylor is actually quite good.

here's a 4th article because you're quite ignorant

WEAKNESSES

His average foot quickness will cause him issues trying to avoid defenders in a collapsing pocket. Tends to retreat instead of stepping up to deliver in the face of pressure -- though his arm gives him a chance to get the ball out of bounds or find an open target while still backpedalling. And while he has the arm and tight spiral to threaten defenses with the deep ball, his inconsistent accuracy and reading of coverages keep him from being efficient in the vertical game

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/mike-glennon?id=2539275

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tyrod Taylor.  8th in DVOA in 2015, 19th in DVOA in 2016.  Playing under the least QB-friendly HC in the entire NFL. 

Too bad he's a sprinter with an empty brain and stuff.

they don't hear you. They see his size and running ability and formulate an opinion.

Just now, Mecca said:

here's a 4th article because you're quite ignorant

WEAKNESSES

His average foot quickness will cause him issues trying to avoid defenders in a collapsing pocket. Tends to retreat instead of stepping up to deliver in the face of pressure -- though his arm gives him a chance to get the ball out of bounds or find an open target while still backpedalling. And while he has the arm and tight spiral to threaten defenses with the deep ball, his inconsistent accuracy and reading of coverages keep him from being efficient in the vertical game

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/mike-glennon?id=2539275

Cool, thanks, I still don't know how the hell this changes my stance at all on Tyrod Taylor, but appreciate it.

Just now, NoBowles said:

Cool, thanks, I still don't know how the hell this changes my stance at all on Tyrod Taylor, but appreciate it.

we were arguing about Glennon, not Tyrod. go away please.

Archived