Jump to content

NFL Wildcard Weekend Games Thread


joewilly12
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:


No way???? Nobody is playing better on offense than the Packers right now. Dallas couldn't beat the Giants this year


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We shall see....remember the game is in Dallas.  Dallas's offense is waaaay better than the Giants...not to mention the OLine.  Giants could not score because they only have ONE offensive weapon - OBJ - Green Bay took him away via a double team, because they knew they could erase Sheppard, Cruz, Tye and anyone else with one on one coverage.  Dallas will score at will against Green Bay - I bet they will not have to punt once.  Elliott will run for nearly 200 yards against that defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We shall see....remember the game is in Dallas.  Dallas's offense is waaaay better than the Giants...not to mention the OLine.  Giants could not score because they only have ONE offensive weapon - OBJ - Green Bay took him away via a double team, because they knew they could erase Sheppard, Cruz, Tye and anyone else with one on one coverage.  Dallas will score at will against Green Bay - I bet they will not have to punt once.  Elliott will run for nearly 200 yards against that defense.


The may best them, but the " no way " comment is ridiculous


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From: http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?79162-ODB-TO

 

 

ODB is an attention-seeking, self-centered media *****. His antics in Miami DID affect his performance, why else would he run on the field during the pre-game with his shirt off taking selfies? Because he was still focused on what folks were saying about his behavior, Odell didn't let it go and the critizism weighed on him and affected his performance. 

He is a smaller, weaker version of TO, and I don't like it. I don't know what the answer is, but he is a cancer.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

From: http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?79162-ODB-TO

 

 

ODB is an attention-seeking, self-centered media *****. His antics in Miami DID affect his performance, why else would he run on the field during the pre-game with his shirt off taking selfies? Because he was still focused on what folks were saying about his behavior, Odell didn't let it go and the critizism weighed on him and affected his performance. 

He is a smaller, weaker version of TO, and I don't like it. I don't know what the answer is, but he is a cancer.

Beckham had 1366 yards this year and got the Giants into the playoffs.  They have no O-line.  Their other receivers are JAGS.  Oh and the Packers doubled the S out of him the entire game anytime they could.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Erin Andrews interviewed Aaron Rodgers after the game.  After her question she said "we'll see you in Dallas next week".  Rodgers said "can't wait".  Homage to Bart Scott?

She interviews Aaron Rodgers every week.  I wouldn't be shocked if they were dating.  That lucky bastard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Hmmm... well if he is gay, I could see him and OBJ making a good couple.

 

Apparently there is a big rumor about Odell Beckham Jr being gay and that was the big feud between him and Josh Norman because Norman called him the f-word.  I don't see any women in these selfies coming out of Miami.  Not that I care if he played for the Jets he could suck all the d he wanted as long as he was productive.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Apparently there is a big rumor about Odell Beckham Jr being gay and that was the big feud between him and Josh Norman because Norman called him the f-word.  I don't see any women in these selfies coming out of Miami.  Not that I care if he played for the Jets he could suck all the d he wanted as long as he was productive.

Yup.  More power too him if he is gay.  It'd be cool if he actually announced it though.

Regarding Norman giving him $hit for it... can't say I wouldn't do the same.  If I knew something would bother the competition and get them off their game, no holds barred.  OBJ should just own it and then it couldn't be used against him.

Unless of course he's ashamed of it.  Sure doesn't act ashamed though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Absolutely loved seeing the Miami get destroyed.  Especially enjoyed watching Matt Moore get rag-dolled multiple times.  Thank you Steelers.

The Saturday games were painful to watch.  But yesterday, despite not being a Pitt fan, it was fun to watch Miami get destroyed, and then to watch a Qb who is playing as well as I can recall any ever having played.  At least the last 33 minutes of the game, anyway.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

The Saturday games were painful to watch.  But yesterday, despite not being a Pitt fan, it was fun to watch Miami get destroyed, and then to watch a Qb who is playing as well as I can recall any ever having played.  At least the last 33 minutes of the game, anyway.

When he's on, Rodgers is ridiculous.  Also huge props to his O-Line.  Rodgers was actually eating cake and drinking coffee as he moved around the pocket before hitting Cobb multiple times.  All that skill and dating Olivia Munn?  Damn you, Rodgers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

When he's on, Rodgers is ridiculous.  Also huge props to his O-Line.  Rodgers was actually eating cake and drinking coffee as he moved around the pocket before hitting Cobb multiple times.  All that skill and dating Olivia Munn?  Damn you, Rodgers.

Eating cake? He could have baked a cake back there

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

When he's on, Rodgers is ridiculous.  Also huge props to his O-Line.  Rodgers was actually eating cake and drinking coffee as he moved around the pocket before hitting Cobb multiple times.  All that skill and dating Olivia Munn?  Damn you, Rodgers.

The line definitely gave him time, but lets remember that much of that time was created by Rodgers ability to dance around IN the pocket like no other QB has ever been able to do. He can make 3 guys miss by simply taking 1 quick step and then 1 quick step back. It's uncanny. He's a magician. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll never figure out the defenses teams put out vs obvious hail mary situations.

I would NEVER rush less than 5 players and perhaps even rush 6.  rush 5, 6 in the endzone or rush 6 and 5 in the endzone.  You could put 15 guys in the endzone and the other team still has that lucky chance.  Best defense is either the Qb on his ass due to a free rusher or the Qb not being able to set up and throw a nice lovely jump ball.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The line definitely gave him time, but lets remember that much of that time was created by Rodgers ability to dance around IN the pocket like no other QB has ever been able to do. He can make 3 guys miss by simply taking 1 quick step and then 1 quick step back. It's uncanny. He's a magician. 

No doubt.  Rodgers is amazing moving in the pocket.  As you point out, he has that innate ability to just make guys miss when they think they have him lined up for a hit.  Incredible to watch as we sit here hoping Hackenberg doesn't wash out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tell ya.  The Giants, their fans and the NY media really thought this was going to be a cakewalk.  A lot of yapping about the greatness of the defense, downplaying and joking about the boat party to just being colorful, references to 2007 & 2011, tours of Snacks' new house, idiots out on the field shirtless during warm ups, etc.  The giants D would frustrate Rodgers all game.  They'd get a couple big plays out of Shepard & OBJ, and that would be it.  Roll thru Dallas & NE again, Justin Bieber singing in the parade down Broadway.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Absolutely loved seeing the Miami get destroyed.  Especially enjoyed watching Matt Moore get rag-dolled multiple times.  Thank you Steelers.

Can we put to bed the "Matt Moore is good" nonsense?  He might be better than Tannehill but that doesn't make him good

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...