Trade Sheldon?

TNJet

Lets trade this cancer for a decent draft pick this year. Is anyone dumb enough to take him and his baggage for a 1st rounder? Cleveland maybe? I doubt it but his talent alone could get us a 2nd rounder imho. Thoughts? Deion Simon is already in house to help soften the blow to the D-line.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many times do we have to go over the same topic?

No team, NOBODY, is giving up a 2nd round pick for this malcontent, suspension risk, 300 lb infant with a bad attitude.

Maybe a 4th... maybe...

I would take a 5th or 6th to dump this clown if that is the best offer.

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

No team, NOBODY, is giving up a 2nd round pick for this malcontent, suspension risk, 300 lb infant with a bad attitude.

Maybe a 4th... maybe...

Oh I beg the differ...talent alone trumps all for consistent loser franchises IE Jax, Cleveland, Lions, Bengals. If any team is in the market for a DT in this years draft and views Sheldon as better than any available (which could be possible) they will pull the trigger. Happens every year.

2 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Oh I beg the differ...talent alone trumps all for consistent loser franchises IE Jax, Cleveland, Lions, Bengals. If any team is in the market for a DT in this years draft and views Sheldon as better than any available (which could be possible) they will pull the trigger. Happens every year.

No need to beg, man.  Differ all ya want.

But Sheldumb has made it abundantly clear what kind of person he is.  I think there is a strong possibility he transgresses somehow off the field and gets himself suspended for an entire year before the Jets can trade him.

20 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Maybe a 4th... maybe...

If he goes next year without getting suspended for more than a week, any team trading for him is likely to get a 3rd as a comp. pick; not to mention, put him on a team with a good secondary and a weak line, and he will reek havoc. But yeah, 7th and a can of beans tops....

43 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

100%, for as low as a 4th rounder. He is a locker room cancer and his attitude brings everybody's play down.

He has got to go.

Why is he a locker room cancer?  Because he didnt agree with the good ole boys? His attitude was what the environment created. 

the thing is sheldon is going to want a payday and the jets really only have this year to trade him for anything close to his true value.  if they keep him they may have to use a franchise tag next season and that could be around 15 million.  way too much.  it's too bd because sheldon is a pretty talented player. another point is that it's not going to be too long before leo will be getting his payday.  just how much money will the jets allocate to the dline?  just between wilk, sheldon and leo they already have nearly 31 million in salary cap for the dline.

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

100%, for as low as a 4th rounder. He is a locker room cancer and his attitude brings everybody's play down.

He has got to go.

Totally agree, it seems  Mac held out for a #1 with dallas and lost... so maybe he'll wise up and get a 3erd or 4th and move on form this bum.  His act is tired and old ....

The market for him is low. But you might have to get what you can for him. He's a team distraction. He even said so himself. That the Jets are tired of his act. This team played below their talent level esp on defense. Some team might get a good deal. You trade him to an NFC team. 

Prolly looking at a 6th round pick next year...  if that.  No one is going to trade for a 1yr rental, with diminished production who will play at a 8million dollar salary base, with locker room, loyalty and suspension concerns, who likely won't sign a big contract the following year and will play for a prove it deal (so low comp rd draft pick calculus ).

Thats a fireable move for a GM..   it's not going to happen.  

The best we can hope for in terms of compensation is if he goes on a tear next year for us, stays out of trouble and convinces some sucker to sign him to a long term deal (and we get a 4th rounder the following year)

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

The market for him is low. But you might have to get what you can for him. He's a team distraction. He even said so himself. That the Jets are tired of his act. This team played below their talent level esp on defense. Some team might get a good deal. You trade him to an NFC team. 

Mike Westoff said that the Jets Defense this year might have been the most disappointing unit in "all of football" and he might very well be right........ 

I hate this guy was a passion. He's an immature, arrogant, selfish bitch. On the other hand, he does have talent. I think the best case  scenario is to simply let him play out his contract year and hope a team goes crazy for him and we get compensated. At this point, I'll be  ecstatic to get a 3rd rounder for him. 

Here's the deal... You have to look at comparable trades in the NFL to get a feel for his value. Brandon Marshall, a legitimate stud WR, was dealt for what...a 5th? A Super Bowl MVP WR in Santonio Holmes was dealt for I believe also a 5th back a few years ago. Both players extremely talented, tons of potential, but both were hated by their teams and were believed to be ruining locker rooms faster than MRSA. 

So, yeah, I hear ya...Sheldon's talent is probably worth a 1st or 2nd round pick...but unfortunately, he's in the final year of contract and is a complete douchebag with suspension risks all over him. So, there's not a chance in hell we'll get close to a 2nd for him. 

Best case scenario, a team like San Francisco, who has close to $80M in cap room and could desperately use talent on the DL, offers us a 5th for him, possibly a conditional 4th based on playing time (meaning no suspensions) and performance (sacks, tackles...etc). SF is awful, so their 5th is basically a late 4th (conditional 4th may end up basically a late 3rd for 2018 as they'll likely suck ass in 2017 as well). 

I'm all for trading this piece of crap, regardless of the pick, as long as it's not within the division. We need to get rid of him, and he only has value (obviously minimal) to other teams until the season starts (the trade deadline will lower his value, IMO, as teams will know we'll take next to nothing for him at that point). 

I've been thinking about this & I believe the Jets knowing he's in a contract year will keep him, hopefully he balls out and let him walk in free agency for a high compensation pick. The compensation pick will probably be higher than what they can get on a fire sale. The other option I would absolutely LOVE is if Jerry Jones would trade Ron Leary straight up for him. That's a win, win, for both franchises.

Changing topic a little to see what you guys think. If no trade offers are at least a 3rd rounder for Shelcrumb then we keep him for a year and if he walks, which he would as a FA, then we get the 3rd rounder as a comp pick. Meanwhile, if he stays in 2017, for this season should we run mainly the 4-3 with Richardson and Mo at the ends and Simon and Leo at DT?. That way we can go with 3 LBs as Mauldin Weakside OLB, Lee in the middle, and and Jenkins as Strong Side OLB. The new OLB coach can coach these OLBs up and we draft a good OLB pass rusher in the 1st few rounds. Not certain if this is a good plan since we may have to switch back to the 3-4 in a year or draft or develop another pretty good DE to replace Richardson then staying in the 4-3. I also am not sure this coaching staff can effectively run a 4-3 D. Thoughts?.

• 1 month later...

According to ESPN's Rich Cimini, teams are only willing to trade a third-round pick for Jets RE Sheldon Richardson.

Cimini fully expects the Jets to shop Richardson this offseason. He cites the team's "surplus of defensive linemen" and Richardson's immaturity as reasons for trading him. Moving Richardson would also free up $8.1 million in cap space. The Jets were hoping to get a first-rounder for Richardson leading up to the trade deadline but nobody took the bait. If the Jets are serious about moving him, they'll need to lower their asking price.

Source: ESPN.com 
Feb 11 - 11:08 AM

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

According to ESPN's Rich Cimini, teams are only willing to trade a third-round pick for Jets RE Sheldon Richardson.

Cimini fully expects the Jets to shop Richardson this offseason. He cites the team's "surplus of defensive linemen" and Richardson's immaturity as reasons for trading him. Moving Richardson would also free up $8.1 million in cap space. The Jets were hoping to get a first-rounder for Richardson leading up to the trade deadline but nobody took the bait. If the Jets are serious about moving him, they'll need to lower their asking price.

Source: ESPN.com 
Feb 11 - 11:08 AM

3rd rounder, I was thinking more 5th where do I sign!

even IF sheldon is a great football player, he a cancer to the team. id try to get rid of him for a pick before i lose him to nothing. JETS not going to pay him top dollar when his contract is up. leonard williams will be coming up soon and i rather pay him than sheldon. if sheldon wants mid tier money, maybe id consider it. his off the field issues/cancer to the lockeroom outways his talents as sad as it sounds

I could see the cowboys, bengaks and browns looking to trade for him.  

I see the value for him being a high 3rd round pick,

So, i could see (and would be content with)...

Sheldon and a 5th to Dallas for their 2nd.  They need help on defense and have had success drafting later.  Ends up being worth a high 3rd round pick.

Shrldon to Cleveland for the first pick of the 3rd round.  They are going to feel th need to win soon, and were willing to take a guy like Jaime Collins.  This is good value for potential talent.

Sheldon to Cincinatti for their 3rd round pick, or Sheldon and a 6th for McCarron and a 4th.  They may look to replace Peko with a younger talent and have been willing to take risky players before.  He would fit well with that defense.

46 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

3rd rounder, I was thinking more 5th where do I sign!

A third would be a steal for a guy that needs to go and everyone knows it. 

42 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Take the pick and run, WTF is the problem.

Macc is a bad negotiator and sticks to what he believes the value of the player is in his mind when the rest of the league says it's different. That's why Sheldon is still here. He could have moved him last season. 

On 1/8/2017 at 2:05 AM, jwill182 said:

Here's the deal... You have to look at comparable trades in the NFL to get a feel for his value. Brandon Marshall, a legitimate stud WR, was dealt for what...a 5th? A Super Bowl MVP WR in Santonio Holmes was dealt for I believe also a 5th back a few years ago. Both players extremely talented, tons of potential, but both were hated by their teams and were believed to be ruining locker rooms faster than MRSA. 

So, yeah, I hear ya...Sheldon's talent is probably worth a 1st or 2nd round pick...but unfortunately, he's in the final year of contract and is a complete douchebag with suspension risks all over him. So, there's not a chance in hell we'll get close to a 2nd for him. 

Best case scenario, a team like San Francisco, who has close to $80M in cap room and could desperately use talent on the DL, offers us a 5th for him, possibly a conditional 4th based on playing time (meaning no suspensions) and performance (sacks, tackles...etc). SF is awful, so their 5th is basically a late 4th (conditional 4th may end up basically a late 3rd for 2018 as they'll likely suck ass in 2017 as well). 

I'm all for trading this piece of crap, regardless of the pick, as long as it's not within the division. We need to get rid of him, and he only has value (obviously minimal) to other teams until the season starts (the trade deadline will lower his value, IMO, as teams will know we'll take next to nothing for him at that point). 

Young Marshall who sabotage practices was traded for two second round pick. Then once again for two third rounders. Good thing about it all is that it only takes one team and that's if we want to trade him in the first place.

23 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

A third would be a steal for a guy that needs to go and everyone knows it. 

Macc is a bad negotiator and sticks to what he believes the value of the player is in his mind when the rest of the league says it's different. That's why Sheldon is still here. He could have moved him last season. 

The fans don't even know what his value is.  People in here were screaming for a 1.

I don't think the Jets are in a position, like NE to trade low and look good

Trading Sheldon weakens the defense how the hell cant any defensive coordinator in the world not make defensive line with Sheldon,Mo and Williams on it not be the best in the NFL.

Sure lets trade him for another 2nd-3rd round draft pick I'm quite sure there are many more Hills,DuCasses and Hackenbergs available. 

Archived