Trade Sheldon?

TNJet

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Sure Sheldon isn't perfect, but Wilkerson is?  Compare the effort these two give on the field.  Than ask who is more committed to the team.

At least Sheldon can/will eventually grow up and stop with the off field BS.

Wilk may not play hard again until he's due for his next contract.

Before last season, was this question asked ?

You are going to give a kid much more money than he has today and expect him to conform to better behavioral habits ?

Good luck with that .

I will say this, I pray that you are right .

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Before last season, was this question asked ?

You mean did I ask if Wilkerson should be re-signed?

Yeah.  I suggested trading him and even letting him walk if needed.  I've always preferred Sheldon to Wilk.  Both are obviously very good though.

Last offseason sucked.  I lost on both of my main arguing points.  

1.  Don't re-sign $hitz.

2.  Don't re-sign Wilk.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

You mean did I ask if Wilkerson should be re-signed?

Yeah.  I suggested trading him and even letting him walk if needed.  I've always preferred Sheldon to Wilk.  Both are obviously very good though.

Last offseason sucked.  I lost on both of my main arguing points.  

1.  Don't re-sign $hitz.

2.  Don't re-sign Wilk.

No, does Wilkerson play hard  ?

If it were up to me, I would have resigned snacks, let Wilkerson walk and told Fitzpatrick to retire gracefully  .  I understand why Fitzpatrick was resigned thou . It would have taken a secure HC to go into last season without the guy who posted the numbers Fitzpatrick did in 2015 . Bowles coming off a 10 win season didn't have that kind of clout in NY . Doing what just about every fan and media outlet wanted, Todd Bowles is a man hated by those same fans and most of that same media .

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

No, does Wilkerson play hard  ?

If it were up to me, I would have resigned snacks, let Wilkerson walk and told Fitzpatrick to retire gracefully  .  I understand why Fitzpatrick was resigned thou . It would have taken a secure HC to go into last season without the guy who posted the numbers Fitzpatrick did in 2015 . Bowles coming off a 10 win season didn't have that kind of clout in NY . Doing what just about every fan and media outlet wanted, Todd Bowles is a man hated by those same fans and most of that same media .

Oh... well yeah I think that question was asked/discussed here a bit.  Not as much as this past season though.  Some noticed his numbers/effort jumped when it was contract time, and that he'd disappear for large portions of games at other times.

Now it's a much bigger issue because he got paid and really disappeared.

Regarding Bowles not being secure... definitely agree.  It's why I suggested he was dealing with Low T.  I suppose that's better than actually thinking  $hitz was worth re-signing though.  He can easily take testosterone pills.  It's tough to fix stupid.

Archived