Personnel guys weigh in on Zeke vs. Fournette

AFJF

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the NFL today, if you take a RB in the top 10 or 15 picks he has to be Adrian Peterson. Otherwise just hold off. Ideally at # 6 you would take another position because good backs are easier to find. But if you have someone that is going to be special at 6, you have to do it.

David Johnson - 3rd Round

Shady - 2nd Round

Lev Bell - 2nd Round

Ajayi - 4th Round

Blount - Undrafted

Rawls - Undrafted

I can play this game all day. You see the trend?

RB is a luxury position. We need premier position upgrades right now. EDGE/CB1/LT/QB/etc..

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes hysterical - Maybe come back in month or so when you you read Mel Kiper's draft board to tell me who we should really draft.

I haven't expressed who I think the Jets should draft yet because not everyone has declared and there have been no combines or all star games or workouts. RBs are a dime a dozen position. Not worth the investment unless you're a stacked team. This team is devoid of talent at the money positions and that needs to be addressed. Not a running back. Please. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I haven't expressed who I think the Jets should draft yet because not everyone has declared and there have been no combines or all star games or workouts. RBs are a dime a dozen position. Not worth the investment unless you're a stacked team. This team is devoid of talent at the money positions and that needs to be addressed. Not a running back. Please. 

So you'll wait until you hear who the talking heads say we should go with .Cmon man go out on a limb - your quick to tell other people they're wrong so show us how smart you are with your pick. :P

10 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Shady - 2nd Round

Lev Bell - 2nd Round

Ajayi - 4th Round

Blount - Undrafted

Rawls - Undrafted

RB is a luxury position. We need premier position upgrades right now. EDGE/CB1/LT/QB/etc..

But is there anyone form those positions that are worth drafting at 6 . Tabor , Peppers , Trubisky ?? . The real studs at 6 are the Rb's (Fournete/Cook) and Jamal Adams if he drops to 6. 

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So you'll wait until you hear who the talking heads say we should go with .Cmon man go out on a limb - your quick to tell other people they're wrong so show us how smart you are with your pick. :P

I never told anyone their pick was wrong. I'm just saying generally drafting a running back in the top end doesn't pay off. You can get one in the later rounds and still get an impact player. I'll tell you who I think the Jets will pick when they're on the clock. 

13 minutes ago, YouPlay2Win said:

look at the history of 1st round rbs in past 7-10 years . littered with busts/injured rbs. It's just not a smart pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can do the same with any other position . When your drafting in the top 10 of the draft your looking for a game changer regardless of what position they play at. The top 2 Rb's in this draft fit that equation. 

10 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

But is there anyone form those positions that are worth drafting at 6 . Tabor , Peppers , Trubisky ?? . The real studs at 6 are the Rb's (Fournete/Cook) and Jamal Adams if he drops to 6. 

Malik Hooker is more of a need than Adams and will most likely be available at 6.

Hooker is an Earl Thomas / Clinton-Dix clone and my #1 target right now

Who is there at 6 all depends on if the QB's jump to 1, 2 like last year (or 2, 3).

Ideally a franchise LT, or stud edge rusher will be available, but if not, and you can't trade back you gotta take the guy with the highest upside with the chance to be a game wrecker regardless of the position.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Who is there at 6 all depends on if the QB's jump to 1, 2 like last year (or 2, 3).

Ideally a franchise LT, or stud edge rusher will be available, but if not, and you can't trade back you gotta take the guy with the highest upside with the chance to be a game wrecker regardless of the position.

I don't see any QB going top 10. The two stud edge rushers will be gone and there's really no dominant LT . The value picks at 6 seem to be RB or S. 

38 minutes ago, YouPlay2Win said:

look at the history of 1st round rbs in past 7-10 years . littered with busts/injured rbs. It's just not a smart pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the History at the Qb busts in rd1 it still wouldn't prevent you from taking one . Fournette is the RB equivalent to Andrew Luck. 

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

He's not as good as people think he is.  Buyer beware .

I looked at some of Fournette's highlight films and I saw very little evidence of him breaking tackles.   Unlike the Cook and Saquon Barkley highlights I looked at.  I would expect a highly rated RB to be able to break tackles, not just run through massive holes created by blockers.

Trade down a little, pickup a 2nd day pick, then draft three BAP from the OL in the first two days. OL needs time to adjust and we'll be able to get the first overall pick in the process next year. God knows Bowles isn't getting any better. Then draft your QB and RB next year when you solidify your OL. How is this so hard to understand? Avoid the temptation. Fournette will be garbage behind our OL that will have a new center and an LT next year. 

5 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Jury is still out on him just being a situational pass rusher, I'm not using the 6th pick on a guy who can't do anything, but speed rush.

I think he's more than 'just a situational pass rusher' and he has something we haven't had in more than 10 yearrs. Mauldin & Jenkins are fine young players but Williams looks a legit terror off the edge. The only question is how much does being surrounded by so many other talented players inflate his worth? always an issue when looking at 'bama prospects 

7 hours ago, Mecca said:

Shady - 2nd Round

Lev Bell - 2nd Round

Ajayi - 4th Round

Blount - Undrafted

Rawls - Undrafted

This is the best argument so far.  Sign me up for OL or Pass rush

9 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I looked at some of Fournette's highlight films and I saw very little evidence of him breaking tackles.   Unlike the Cook and Saquon Barkley highlights I looked at.  I would expect a highly rated RB to be able to break tackles, not just run through massive holes created by blockers.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2016/11/29/rsp-boiler-room-no-54-leonard-fournette/

Fournette literally abuses DBs that try to tackle him.

32 minutes ago, maury77 said:

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2016/11/29/rsp-boiler-room-no-54-leonard-fournette/

Fournette literally abuses DBs that try to tackle him.

It's idiotic to listen to anyone that only watched his highlight videos. Most people prefer Cook because he was on national TV more and always had big games.

Fournette is an Adrian Peterson clone. I still wouldn't draft him at 6 because of the injury history + positional value

14 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Dalvin Cook will be a better pro

Agreed 100% but if this team takes a RB at #6 overall, I'm going to need someone to put me in a straight jacket and lock me a room with 4 padded walls because I'm afraid of what I might do to this regime. 

48 minutes ago, Mecca said:

It's idiotic to listen to anyone that only watched his highlight videos. Most people prefer Cook because he was on national TV more and always had big games.

Fournette is an Adrian Peterson clone. I still wouldn't draft him at 6 because of the injury history + positional value

Cook steps his game up vs. better competition.  Look at what he does top rated D's...(Florida, Michigan, Clemson).  He literally goes bananas.  The guy is insane. 

Whereas, Fournette averages 1.9 ypc vs. Bama.  That's not a good look in addition to his injury history.  

I like Cook considerably more

His freakish physical traits aside, an RB without an OL that can open up lanes is as useless. Plus, if you're not pass protecting, you're coming off the field minimum of 3rd down, and in today's offenses, potentially on 2nd downs as well in favor of a pass protecting/pass catching RB. 

Hard pass.

11 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I don't see any QB going top 10. The two stud edge rushers will be gone and there's really no dominant LT . The value picks at 6 seem to be RB or S. 

I agree that there is no QB worth a top 10 pick, but I also think there will be 2 off the board.  teams are willing to reach for QB's.  Just hope the Jets aren't with two young ones already in house.

If I had to make a guess I suspect the Jets will take either Hooker or Adams.  Hate to use #6 on a S, but it is a need, and IMO they will be the best value on the board.  At this point it is very pre-mature to get locked in on a particular pick, but fun to guess

10 hours ago, King P said:

More like this guy

Barnett.jpeg

Barnett is a bad man. He literally took over the game defensively for the Vols vs. my Gators this year.  He was unblockable.

I'm just not sure how he fits here.  He's more of a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OL.  I feel like he's another great player that's a poor fit for the system.  Basically how our entire D is constructed. 

49 minutes ago, JiF said:

Cook steps his game up vs. better competition.  Look at what he does top rated D's...(Florida, Michigan, Clemson).  He literally goes bananas.  The guy is insane. 

Whereas, Fournette averages 1.9 ypc vs. Bama.  That's not a good look in addition to his injury history.  

I like Cook considerably more

Using a one game sample size to justify an argument is an insufficient premise to your logic.

Archived