Manish.

Gen X Jet

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, thadude said:

Well Mehta believes Todd Bowles deserved another season and clearly he's the guy to improve us by 10x 

Well I mean that's at least an opinion that we can have a discussion about. It's not a passive aggressive dig at the Jets, like a lot of his at Rich Cimini's articles are.

Neither guy can write and article without adding some kind of a dig or cold comment about the team... They can't just write an optimistic article. It's always cynical and sarcastic. 

3 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Well I mean that's at least an opinion that we can have a discussion about. It's not a passive aggressive dig at the Jets, like a lot of his at Rich Cimini's articles are.

Neither guy can write and article without adding some kind of a dig or cold comment about the team... They can't just write an optimistic article. It's always cynical and sarcastic. 

To be truthful there hasn't been much good to write but I do agree, the slick comments and cold remarks are never called for yet it happens every article. I don't see why we don't make a fire Manish banner.?

32 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

To be truthful there hasn't been much good to write but I do agree, the slick comments and cold remarks are never called for yet it happens every article. I don't see why we don't make a fire Manish banner.?

Totally. The Jets made it easy this year to attack... But you would think maybe one article could be written from an optimistic point of view... I mean even last year when they won 10 games, neither guy could write an article without pointing out the easy schedule 15 times. 

I don't want people that shoot rainbows out of their butts all the time, but man, just give us one or two articles to help feel hopeful or optimistic every now and then. 

The Giants benefited from a pretty soft schedule this year. Similar to the Jets last year. The difference was that the Giants got into the playoffs and the Jets didn't. But this team wasn't that good. 10x better is ridiculous. Their offense stinks. Eli is living off his name. He was awful this year and is clearly on the decline. But the excuse makers are always out for him in a way they never are for any Jet. But I guess that comes with winning a Super Bowl.

If Rex's D's gave up 38 points, 4 TD passes, and 400 passing yards like the Giants did yesterday, they would be getting absolutely destroyed today.

Trey Songz is right. The Giants DB's weren't on the Yacht.

The Giants beat the Cowboys twice and caught the Ravens and Lions at the right time due to QB injuries. They had a nice win the final week of the season against the Redskins. But the teams they beat aren't very impressive as a whole. They're not that good. They have major problems on offense that aren't going to get solved because they won't blame Eli for anything. They kinda need to start looking at a future QB.

Odell is a great talent, but right now he's become an unneeded distraction. He has to grow up a little and understand that this is what the media does. They zone in on someone and try to create stories. Beckham doesn't even understand that he gives them all the ammo they need.

6 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Giants benefited from a pretty soft schedule this year. Similar to the Jets last year. The difference was that the Giants got into the playoffs and the Jets didn't. But this team wasn't that good. 10x better is ridiculous. Their offense stinks. Eli is living off his name. He was awful this year and is clearly on the decline. But the excuse makers are always out for him in a way they never are for any Jet. But I guess that comes with winning a Super Bowl.

If Rex's D's gave up 38 points, 4 TD passes, and 400 passing yards like the Giants did yesterday, they would be getting absolutely destroyed today.

Trey Songz is right. The Giants DB's weren't on the Yacht.

The Giants beat the Cowboys twice and caught the Ravens and Lions at the right time due to QB injuries. They had a nice win the final week of the season against the Redskins. But the teams they beat aren't very impressive as a whole. They're not that good. They have major problems on offense that aren't going to get solved because they won't blame Eli for anything. They kinda need to start looking at a future QB.

Odell is a great talent, but right now he's become an unneeded distraction. He has to grow up a little and understand that this is what the media does. They zone in on someone and try to create stories. Beckham doesn't even understand that he gives them all the ammo they need.

Good post , the jury is still out on McAdoo also

15 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Eli Apple and Landon Collins are far from bad drafting. 

Collins is great.  But Apple?  Come on.  Not.  Very ordinary and was drafted too early.  Plus he was borderline awful yesterday.  I see we are ignoring the Flowers 1st rd pick by the Giants.  Overdrafted again.  Not worth a 1st round pick. Will never be a top lineman.

15 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

He has had a great rookie season. He earned that starting spot. He is the real deal. One game doesn't mean he is trash. Rodgers and company stepped it up at the end of the 3rd.

Great? It was ok, but I wouldn't  call it "great"

17 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Collins is great.  But Apple?  Come on.  Not.  Very ordinary and was drafted too early.  Plus he was borderline awful yesterday.  I see we are ignoring the Flowers 1st rd pick by the Giants.  Overdrafted again.  Not worth a 1st round pick. Will never be a top lineman.

Flowers is really terrible. 

2 hours ago, DMan77 said:

Cimini is a moron.  I waste 0.0% of my time listening or reading anything either he or Womanish or Costello write or say

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Cimini is a moron.  I waste 0.0% of my time listening or reading anything either he or Womanish or Costello write or say

You know, his writing being so bad turned me off from ESPN in general, and I've hardly looked back... I'll click a link now and then, but I don't really care about the "world wide leader" anymore. 

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

You know, his writing being so bad turned me off from ESPN in general, and I've hardly looked back... I'll click a link now and then, but I don't really care about the "world wide leader" anymore. 

Cimini got into a Twitter feud with Snacks ripping him and saying he wasn't worth the money he got

Cimini is clueless.  

16 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Wow.. What's his problem? He's supposed to be the Jets beat writer.

The media plays a huge part in some of the bad karma that revolves around this team.

Maybe one of these Jets players will "accidentally" punch him in the face.

1 minute ago, Ex-Rex said:

Maybe one of these Jets players will "accidentally" punch him in the face.

Or... just throw him in a locker and lock the door.  

Richard Todd threw the obnoxious  Steve Serby into a locker, I believe. 

Serby... Cimini.... Mehta...  and many many more.  All terrible beat reporters who resented having to report on the Jets. 

I'm kind of shocked writers like Manish can write stuff like that.. here in Utah if a local writer tweeted something like that about the local Utah Jazz they would have some serious angry fans feeling like they just got kicked laying down.. why do that to the fans?

Anyway that's my perspective from an outsider..

*also that would turn fans right off listening to that station/paper/news outlet so I don't see the point..

17 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Agreed. But prior to that their GM drafted ODB, and that's about it. He'd been riding Ernie Accorsi's coattails. 

JPP

Nicks - pre injury

Cruz - pre injury

Pugh

He definitely deserved the hot seat, but his last draft has been stellar

Apple

Shepard

Perkins

5 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

I'm kind of shocked writers like Manish can write stuff like that.. here in Utah if a local writer tweeted something like that about the local Utah Jazz they would have some serious angry fans feeling like they just got kicked laying down.. why do that to the fans?

Anyway that's my perspective from an outsider..

*also that would turn fans right off listening to that station/paper/news outlet so I don't see the point..

Right? I kind of don't want a beat writer that sugar coats EVERYTHING... I'm fine with articles and opinions discussing how bad the team is and what's gone wrong... But why is it so hard for them to write one nice piece? I feel like everytime I start reading something and think to myself "oh this is a nice piece", I inevitably run into a pointless dig placed their by the writer for no reason other than to be cynical and roll his eyes... It's just not needed sometimes. 

18 hours ago, sourceworx said:

The Giants did the same thing the Jets do every few years: they went on a free agent spending spree to make up for the fact that they suck at drafting. 

This is a silly statement after the got Collins, Apple, Kennard, Shepard, ODB, Richburg, Pugh, and Flowers. All starters. (you coudl argue Shepard is not a 'starter', but a contributor, fine).

Oh and wait, didn't they draft SB MVP Eli Manning?  

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Apple is a starting rookie. Flower is in his second year and is their starting LT. If they are starters, they cannot possibly be THAT awful. They are at the very least better than the 2-3 guys behind them at the position. A rookie having a bad game in the playoffs is not that crazy and doesn't nec. mean anything about his potential to be a great CB. 

Haters gonna hate. 

This is like people ready to write off Hack as a bust before he gets a chance to play any meaningful games in the NFL and Lee as a bust b/c he got beat in a coverage a bunch of times this season. It makes me laugh. Its silly. 

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Agreed. Apple had a very average rookie campaign. He actually graded out below Revis on PFF. Just to put it into perspective. He wasn't very good at all.

11 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Apple is a starting rookie. Flower is in his second year and is their starting LT. If they are starters, they cannot possibly be THAT awful. They are at the very least better than the 2-3 guys behind them at the position. A rookie having a bad game in the playoffs is not that crazy and doesn't nec. mean anything about his potential to be a great CB. 

Haters gonna hate. 

This is like people ready to write off Hack as a bust before he gets a chance to play any meaningful games in the NFL and Lee as a bust b/c he got beat in a coverage a bunch of times this season. It makes me laugh. Its silly. 

Not a hater at all.  Just calling it like I see it.  Gotta love people who label you a "hater" just because you disagree with a point they are making.  Obviously , pepep, you have some agenda here.  

Apple is just an ordinary CB.  Sorry.  Just cause he is starting doesn't make him an all pro. I don't think you watched him play most of the season.  I did.  Hes ok but certainly far from "great"..  and he was drafted way too high.  Not much more than that as yet.  Collins on the other hand is great.  Flowerss is awful.  Yeah he's a starter.  Giants OL is bad. Ask any freaking Giants fan what they have to say about Flowers.  They roll their eyes, say it ws a lame pick for round one and that they are hoping for the best.  Bad pick in round 1.  Apple, on the opther hand, could turn out to be worth it.  Collins already is. 

Beat writers often bash their teams when they are bad. It happens, a-lot. 

but the problem with Manish is you don't get the feeling that he's one of us, suffering along side. 

He's like an Eagles fan right?

It's kind of like when there's like a member of your family that you all talk sh*t about of but some new guy shows up and joins in. It's like no, you don't get to make fun of our family, even if it is terrible.  

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just how much do you expect JPP to get on the open market with only one fully functioning hand? Actual question here.

Yeah I mean thats a great question. He had 7 sacks this year and is still only 28. Its still hard to find players like him. Even with a bad hand.

11 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Yeah I mean thats a great question. He had 7 sacks this year and is still only 28. Its still hard to find players like him. Even with a bad hand.

JPP would be a great addition to the defense and stick it to the Giants for signing Snacks sign me up. 

Archived