Never thought I'd say this but I just bought a PSL...

Flushing Roots

Today I bought 2 PSLs in the LLEZ, for $250 each (6.25 cents on the dollar from original face value).

The original owner must have been really disgusted and highly motivated to unload them.

I am going from Row 8 in the UD to 17 rows off the field for an additional $17 per ticket.

Someone please tell me this is a good move.  Everyone in my inner circle thinks I'm out of my mind.

It's been a love/hate relationship with the Jets for me recently but I felt this deal was too good to pass up.

I've been going to Jet games for the last 48 years.

Continuing the commitment to the Jets is somehow like a bad habit that I can't seem to shake.

7 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Today I bought 2 PSLs in the LLEZ, for $250 each (6.25 cents on the dollar from original face value).

The original owner must have been really disgusted and highly motivated to unload them.

I am going from Row 8 in the UD to 17 rows off the field for an additional $17 per ticket.

Someone please tell me this is a good move.  Everyone in my inner circle thinks I'm out of my mind.

It's been a love/hate relationship with the Jets for me recently but I felt this deal was too good to pass up.

Continuing the commitment to the Jets is somehow like a bad habit that I can't seem to shake.

If you don't mind the view from the EZ, I will say you came up ahead. Upper Deck view is terrible no matter how you slice it. You are never in the game as the action is too far away from you. When you are in LL, you are in the action non stop. Endzone experience might be slightly different but still lower level will always be much better than upper deck. $17 per ticket isn't really a deal breaker if you ask me. $340 more per year for 2 tickets and you will be able to sell them for much higher than an upper deck seat when you can't go. 

Congrats on your purchase FR. 

Excellent move, congratulations.

You are getting in at the bottom of the market as they say, you are set up for some nice years of suffering and bonding with your new section-mates to then be rewarded when we host the Cleveland Browns in the 2025 AFC Championship Game.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Congrats!  For that price, I love the move.  That is a crazy deal.

You obviously like going to the games.  I know you can do better financially most of the time on the secondary market.  But if you like the seats you bought, being an STH makes the default action of going to games trivially simple.  Also, you may get a little easier in and out experience from the LL.  I know many folks complain about this at MetLife.  I am in the LSL, and it's really easy to get in and out.

If you're unhappy, flip them for $300 each and you've made yourself a nice little profit :)

18 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

A one-time cost of $500 is nothing (particularly over time); if $500 was tremendously meaningful you wouldn't be paying for season tickets in the first place. You'd be watching games on your TV and gushing over the money you saved.

If you love going to the games, and it sounds like you do (despite the on-field product lol) then make the experience as enjoyable as you can. Don't worry about what others say. If it's worth it to you then it's worth it. 

Enjoy your new seats!

Stupid question, but serious. Can you buy a PSL and NOT but tickets....as in a "futures" investment? 

If the prices are really low right now, can I buy a PSL(s) but not buy STs until I retire and return to an area closer to the Big AC in the swamp? I'm still in FLORIDA now, but dont plan on being in this sweltering land of sh*tbags forever.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Excellent move, congratulations.

You are getting in at the bottom of the market as they say, you are set up for some nice years of suffering and bonding with your new section-mates to then be rewarded when we host the Cleveland Browns in the 2025 AFC Championship Game.

SAR I

That soon? Lol.

6 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

If you don't mind the view from the EZ, I will say you came up ahead. Upper Deck view is terrible no matter how you slice it. You are never in the game as the action is too far away from you. When you are in LL, you are in the action non stop. Endzone experience might be slightly different but still lower level will always be much better than upper deck. $17 per ticket isn't really a deal breaker if you ask me. $340 more per year for 2 tickets and you will be able to sell them for much higher than an upper deck seat when you can't go. 

Congrats on your purchase FR. 

The "being in the game" part is what put me over the top.

I had tickets to Rutgers B Ball at the Rac years ago with the same type of location, caddy corner behind the hoop, 3 rows off the floor.

Felt like I was "in the game" and it was pretty cool.

I'm going for the same experience here.

Thank you for your input and now let's get that QB from Clemson!

6 hours ago, Cornfed said:  Also, you may get a little easier in and out experience from the LL.  I know many folks complain about this at MetLife.  I am in the LSL, and it's really easy to get in and out.

This was also in my thought process...

My seats in the UD were good but it was a sprint to the finish line to get out of there after games to beat the traffic. 

7 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Great move.  Would've definitely gone the PSL route if not for the fact I was moving.

7 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Awesome move...jealous

11 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

I just bought 2 PSLs for $450 each in the LLEZ row 11 the other day. Same thing, everyone said I'm crazy for it , but oh well. Couldn't pass the deal up. Go JETS!

20 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

I just bought 2 PSLs for $450 each in the LLEZ row 11 the other day. Same thing, everyone said I'm crazy for it , but oh well. Couldn't pass the deal up. Go JETS!

You stand a very good chance of striking investment gold with your strategy.

Good times ahead for the team, it'll take a few years but Belichick and Brady will retire and the AFC East will be wide open.

SAR I

10 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Stupid question, but serious. Can you buy a PSL and NOT but tickets....as in a "futures" investment? 

If the prices are really low right now, can I buy a PSL(s) but not buy STs until I retire and return to an area closer to the Big AC in the swamp? I'm still in FLORIDA now, but dont plan on being in this sweltering land of sh*tbags forever.

no.  Once you sign the PSL contract with the Jets (yes... even PSL secondary market private sales and transfers require the purchaser to sign a contract with the Jets committing to purchasing all regular season and pre season games).  If you fail to purchase your season tickets, the Jets have the right to revoke the PSLs with no refund.

The seats I have now come from a mixture of my original purchase through the Jets plus a secondary market purchase (heavily discounted).  I put it all together and moved to a new section a few years ago.  

grats man!

12 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Personally I think you nailed it. Once we draft Sam Donarld those tickets will be untouchable. Next year and possibly the one after could be rough while we earn the right to draft Sam by losing pretty much every game. But, the 8 out 10 years of hosting a Playoff game to follow, as Sam takes us  to the promise land will make that a distant and almost comical memory. I'm very happy for you. 

View is a subjective preference. I don't know where your UD seats were, but if they were a low row between the 20s, that's an excellent perspective.

I had seats in lower level endzone, for 20 plus years, and UD prime now, and for me, I prefer the later. I enjoy seeing the entirety of the play develop and not caring what side of the field the line of scrimmage is. I would prefer to be closer, but to get that view nearer to the field, you need to be in club seats. Not something I'm willing to do.

That said, pennies on the dollar is a great value play and you're re-sale opportunity will be greater than that of your tix in the UD.  Everything has trade offs, so you make the ones you are most comfortable making.  

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You stand a very good chance of striking investment gold with your strategy.

Good times ahead for the team, it'll take a few years but Belichick and Brady will retire and the AFC East will be wide open.

SAR I

Investment gold for him?  Perhaps.

Investment gold for the original PSL owner? Definitely not!

Secondary market PSL prices-

Lower end zone & lower corners: sell for about 10% - 15% of the original PSL price except for 1st row seating.  Remember that lower endzones started at $5,000, then were reduced to $2,500 and then were increased again, I think to $4,000.  So $250 or $450 is what is to be expected moving forward.  Those prices will bump up a bit after a couple of winning seasons with playoff runs, but not until such time.

Mezz Clubs: Sell for about 25%- 50% of original.  The problem here is that nobody wants to spend the ridiculous game day ticket prices for these excellent seats. That's what drives the not to unreasonable PSL prices down on them.  I would imagine the same is true for Coach's Club and Section 139 club seats as well, but Ive never looked it up.

Mezz A (Mezz endzones and corners non-club seats):  Again, excluding row 1 seats... these sell for 10% - 50% of original $4,000 PSL price.  Probably the best value out there. 

Lower sidelines:  This is all over the place.  As you get closer to the goal line and corners, these are selling for 25% - 40% of original PSL price. As you get past the 15 yard line toward midfield, i.e. Sections 135, 137 & 140, 142 for example 15-45 yard line) selling for 50% - 75% of original.  But most closer to 50%.

13 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

You did the right thing. That is a great price. Those are really good seats, the view is great. You will have a blast!

3 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Investment gold for him?  Perhaps.

Investment gold for the original PSL owner? Definitely not!

That's not his problem, that's the original owner's problem.  If he chooses to bail on the Jets when the going gets tough, well, that's up to him and he deserves to lose his PSL money.

Those who truly can afford season tickets can afford PSL's, so that's not an issue for the vast majority of the 16,500 people who actually own them.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's not his problem, that's the original owner's problem.  If he chooses to bail on the Jets when the going gets tough, well, that's up to him and he deserves to lose his PSL money.

Those who truly can afford season tickets can afford PSL's, so that's not an issue for the vast majority of the 16,500 people who actually own them.

SAR I

Correct. PSLs are not nor ever were an invest opportunity. They're a depreciating asset.  As the team continues to be poor or mediocre, the value declines with each year. And when a new stadium is announced in 15-20 years, the market for them will crash even further.

5 hours ago, y2k8 said:

View is a subjective preference. I don't know where your UD seats were, but if they were a low row between the 20s, that's an excellent perspective.

I had seats in lower level endzone, for 20 plus years, and UD prime now, and for me, I prefer the later. I enjoy seeing the entirety of the play develop and not caring what side of the field the line of scrimmage is. I would prefer to be closer, but to get that view nearer to the field, you need to be in club seats. Not something I'm willing to do.

That said, pennies on the dollar is a great value play and you're re-sale opportunity will be greater than that of your tix in the UD.  Everything has trade offs, so you make the ones you are most comfortable making.  

My seats were Row 8 Section 339.  48 yard line, TV side of the field.  You come out of the gate and walk laterally to the seats.

Great view I agree.  I will miss seeing the plays develop and the first downs, first hand.

I specifically chose corner of the end zone, Section 129, which has the sun behind you and not in your face and the view straight ahead faces the Jet's bench.

As I alluded to in an earlier post, these seats IMO put you "In the game" even more so than LL Prime or Sideline IMO.

No players to look over.  Totally unobstructed view of the field.

I figured for an extra $17 and I stole the PSL?  I figured what the heck...

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

LLEZ my favorite seats in the house...Congrats Flushing Roots if I decide to join in on the fun thats where I plan on being as well. 

If you don't mind me asking where did you find this deal. 

pslsource.com

For some reason the prices are much lower than seasonticketrights.com

Archived