Never thought I'd say this but I just bought a PSL...

Flushing Roots

Just now, Flushing Roots said:

pslsource.com

For some reason the prices are much lower than seasonticketrights.com

Thanks a lot I'm going to keep that site in mind if and when I decide to get back in. I might just take a look and see if what I'm looking for is available. 

32 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Correct. PSLs are not nor ever were an invest opportunity. They're a depreciating asset.  As the team continues to be poor or mediocre, the value declines with each year. And when a new stadium is announced in 15-20 years, the market for them will crash even further.

That's fine, no one expected any ROI here.

Wasting one's money on a live entertainment event that gets broadcast into one's home absolutely free of charge is one of the biggest frivolities that one can experience.  The typical PSL holder with 4 seats will spend $198,000 just on tickets and parking over the course of the 30 year license term.  The $1,000 or $2,000 potential loss on PSL value is a spit in the ocean, a beer and a pretzel in the grand scheme of things.

SAR I

32 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

My seats were Row 8 Section 339.  48 yard line, TV side of the field.  You come out of the gate and walk laterally to the seats.

Great view I agree.  I will miss seeing the plays develop and the first downs, first hand.

I specifically chose corner of the end zone, Section 129, which has the sun behind you and not in your face and the view straight ahead faces the Jet's bench.

As I alluded to in an earlier post, these seat IMO put you "In the game" even more so than LL Prime or Sideline IMO.

No players to look over.  Totally unobstructed view of the field.

I figured for an extra $17 and I stole the PSL?  I figured what the heck...

Having sat corner Lower Level end zone corner for all those years, I became excellent at knowing yardage gained on a play despite the angle as far as the opposite 35 yard line. It takes time, but you pick it up eventually. Anything happening in the other red zone is a rumor, but you are definitely IN THE GAME when play is in your red zone. And you will gain a heightened appreciation for interior line play.  As I said, everything has a trade off.  Enjoy the new perspective!

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

What specific section are you in?

SAR I

I bought in 104.

I already called my rep and told him I want to move to 129 sometime around April 15th when the inventory opens up after people move around, upgrade, drop out or default.

I prefer 129 because of the sun being behind you and it faces the Jet's bench.  Plus I want to wave up to you.

14 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

I bought in 104.

I already called my rep and told him I want to move to 129 sometime around April 15th when the inventory opens up after people move around, upgrade, drop out or default.

I prefer 129 because of the sun being behind you and it faces the Jet's bench.  Plus I want to wave up to you.

Bingo, exactly the advice I would have given you.  Being in the Verizon corner is great for several reasons:

• Shady side of the field (warmth is nicer in December but sun glare in all months is just awful)
  • Visitor's corner (slightly better on resale for out of town fans if the need arises)
  • TV camera side (when you watch the highlights is the same perspective)
  • Fastest access to NJ and NYC (closest egress to Rt.3 and Lincoln Tunnel)
  • Closest to NJT train (if you roll that way)
  • Air High Fives From SAR (we can point to each other after every score)

Not to lobby for my own section, but 232A would be a great tweener for you used to the upper deck and seeking lower view without going all the way down low.  Great fans up there, 4 of 'em are JN regulars, we don't have much turnover, same group of guys each week is very nice.  Some additional benefits to what's listed are very short lines for concessions and bathrooms and laser-quick egress after a game, just fewer fans to battle to the exits and the stairs.

SAR I

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bingo, exactly the advice I would have given you.  Being in the Verizon corner is great for several reasons:

• Shady side of the field (warmth is nicer in December but sun glare in all months is just awful)
  • Visitor's corner (slightly better on resale for out of town fans if the need arises)
  • TV camera side (when you watch the highlights is the same perspective)
  • Fastest access to NJ and NYC (closest egress to Rt.3 and Lincoln Tunnel)
  • Closest to NJT train (if you roll that way)
  • Air High Fives From SAR (we can point to each other after every score)

Not to lobby for my own section, but 232A would be a great tweener for you used to the upper deck and seeking lower view without going all the way down low.  Great fans up there, 4 of 'em are JN regulars, we don't have much turnover, same group of guys each week is very nice.  Some additional benefits to what's listed are very short lines for concessions and bathrooms and laser-quick egress after a game, just fewer fans to battle to the exits and the stairs.

SAR I

Only down side I see is I will have to load up on Maalox before the game to keep the burping and farting down to a minimum.

20 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Today I bought 2 PSLs in the LLEZ, for $250 each (6.25 cents on the dollar from original face value).

The original owner must have been really disgusted and highly motivated to unload them.

I am going from Row 8 in the UD to 17 rows off the field for an additional $17 per ticket.

Someone please tell me this is a good move.  Everyone in my inner circle thinks I'm out of my mind.

It's been a love/hate relationship with the Jets for me recently but I felt this deal was too good to pass up.

I've been going to Jet games for the last 48 years.

Continuing the commitment to the Jets is somehow like a bad habit that I can't seem to shake.

It's a good move. You can't argue with buying an entertainment asset that doesn't provide entertainment and is surefire going to decrease in value.

39 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

It's a good move. You can't argue with buying an entertainment asset that doesn't provide entertainment and is surefire going to decrease in value.

NFL teams change year to year.  Last year's Giants and Jets were opposite of this year's Giants and Jets, what was entertaining for each team is variable, next season could be a great one for us if the chips fall properly, it's a dynamic situation.

There is no "value" in a PSL.  It's merely a ticket price increase and a very nominal one at that.

SAR I

21 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Today I bought 2 PSLs in the LLEZ, for $250 each (6.25 cents on the dollar from original face value).

The original owner must have been really disgusted and highly motivated to unload them.

I am going from Row 8 in the UD to 17 rows off the field for an additional $17 per ticket.

Someone please tell me this is a good move.  Everyone in my inner circle thinks I'm out of my mind.

It's been a love/hate relationship with the Jets for me recently but I felt this deal was too good to pass up.

Continuing the commitment to the Jets is somehow like a bad habit that I can't seem to shake.

If your going to go to most games, of course it's a good move.  As an added bonus, now you can ride share with SAR

21 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Jets PSL=garbage.jpg

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

That's fine, no one expected any ROI here.

Wasting one's money on a live entertainment event that gets broadcast into one's home absolutely free of charge is one of the biggest frivolities that one can experience.  The typical PSL holder with 4 seats will spend $198,000 just on tickets and parking over the course of the 30 year license term.  The $1,000 or $2,000 potential loss on PSL value is a spit in the ocean, a beer and a pretzel in the grand scheme of things.

SAR I

Wow - I really find that to be kind of sickening. 

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yes, but you're forgetting that it includes those pre-season games, including the impossible-to-get-tickets-for Snoopy Bowl!

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

But then where would I put my female masseuse and the guy who details my car? 

SAR I

The masseuse I understand.  You need one after watching a Jets game.  The detail guy can bring his own ride.  Better yet hire a local guy.  It's always humane  to spend in 3rd world countries. :)

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Wow - I really find that to be kind of sickening. 

I don't disagree, but it's the math.  It assumes a $155 average ticket price and a $40 average parking price over 30 years, 10 games per year.

SAR I

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

NFL teams change year to year.  Last year's Giants and Jets were opposite of this year's Giants and Jets, what was entertaining for each team is variable, next season could be a great one for us if the chips fall properly, it's a dynamic situation.

There is no "value" in a PSL.  It's merely a ticket price increase and a very nominal one at that.

SAR I

What is the value on obvious sarcasm?

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

I don't disagree, but it's the math.  It assumes a $155 average ticket price and a $40 average parking price over 30 years, 10 games per year.

SAR I

If you're assuming a $155 average ticket price over 30 years, your estimate is too low. Even if the team mostly sucks for the next 20 plus years, that 30 year average will be higher.

But If they start winning divisions in 10 years when Brady & Co retire, they are going to jack those babies up big time. Average price will be well over 200 a ticket when all's said and done. 

8 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

If you're assuming a $155 average ticket price over 30 years, your estimate is too low. Even if the team mostly sucks for the next 20 plus years, that 30 year average will be higher.

But If they start winning divisions in 10 years when Brady & Co retire, they are going to jack those babies up big time. Average price will be well over 200 a ticket when all's said and done. 

We agree here, I honestly thought that as soon as we moved into the new stadium with that playoff team that my $125 ticket would go up to $175.

And the fact that the prices didn't go up?  That the Jets were kind and allowed me to come in under budget each year?  Well that practically paid off my PSL's right there.

$50 price increase x 4 seats x 10 games x 7 seasons = $14,000

I expected to pay $14,000 more than I did these last 7 years.  My PSL's only cost me $16,000.  All the PSL's turned out to be is an up-front price increase in lieu of keeping prices flat for a decade.  My seats went up a whopping $5 last year.  In its current condition, the team won't raise my prices again.  By the time the 10 year anniversary rolls around, I'll have broken even on my PSL outlay vs. such a fractional price increase.

Thank you Mr. Johnson.

SAR I

On 1/11/2017 at 0:35 AM, Ghost said:

Sounds like a good deal. I mean the product on the field is absolutely horrible and the stadium looks awful and the stadium lacks major life and it looks like a big air conditioner but sounds like a good deal other than that.. 

MetLife Stadium does not look like an air conditioner.

It looks like a skyscraper.

Quite apropos.

SAR I

Archived