Draft Deshaun Watson

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah, to me it seems once again easy.  If you're not trading for Watson, draft Fields but idk.  I feel like they're really going to build around Sam and its sickening but what can you do? 

We'll see. Still lots of time to fall in love....

Also, there's a lot reasons to over-sell your love for Sam if you're JD (and almost none to be truthful). Maybe you attract buyers but mostly you stave off weekly inquiries into your agenda at QB. It's an easy "I told you, we're excited about Sam" answer to point to. 

Personally, I think there's more active conversations happening behind closed doors. A smart GM would also be looking towards 2022.... Even if you still like Sam, you HAVE to acknowledge the risk and have a plan B. Maybe that's hedging your bets with Fields + Darnold. Maybe that's a Jones or whatnot. 

We'll see. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

We'll see. Still lots of time to fall in love....

Also, there's a lot reasons to over-sell your love for Sam if you're JD (and almost none to be truthful). Maybe you attract buyers but mostly you stave off weekly inquiries into your agenda at QB. It's an easy "I told you, we're excited about Sam" answer to point to. 

Personally, I think there's more active conversations happening behind closed doors. A smart GM would also be looking towards 2022.... Even if you still like Sam, you HAVE to acknowledge the risk and have a plan B. Maybe that's hedging your bets with Fields + Darnold. Maybe that's a Jones or whatnot. 

We'll see. 

I'm still get a qb however you can get it stance, but if i'm thinking about accruing assets, this draft is tailor made for positions that the Jets ignore for years. Good WR class, RB Class, Edge, and Tackles.

13 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I'm still get a qb however you can get it stance, but if i'm thinking about accruing assets, this draft is tailor made for positions that the Jets ignore for years. Good WR class, RB Class, Edge, and Tackles.

Put simply -- i think this is the rub right now for those in the ivory tower. A glorious opportunity to make a massive dent in the roster's depleted state is right there - in plain view... but it's rubbing up against this crippling sense of directionless-ness at QB.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Honestly, it wasnt a bump to show that "I called it" but more so how the conversation is ridiculously similar to how people are dismantling Fields for no apparent reason.  The damn search feature stinks, I'm trying to find where Bit said Watson was undraftable after Ourlad Scouting "reported" his MPH at combine. 

Here is the OurLads MPH report:

Year: 2017

Davis Webb California 56 (Left) 54 (Right)
Patrick Mahomes Texas Tech 55 (Left) 55 (Right)
Trevor Knight Texas A&M 55 (Left) 53 (Right)
CJ Beathard Iowa 55 (Left) 52 (Right)
Mitch Leidner Minnesota 53 (Left) 52 (Right)
DeShone Kizer Notre Dame 52 (Left) 52 (Right)
Seth Russell Baylor 52 (Left) 49 (Right)
Joshua Dobbs Tennessee 51 (Left) 50 (Right)
Jerod Evans Virginia Tech 50 (Left) 51 (Right)
Mitch Trubisky North Carolina 51 (Left) 50 (Right)
Nathan Peterman Pittsburgh 49 (Left) 49 (Right)
Brad Kaaya Miami 48 (Left) 47 (Right)
Cooper Rush Central Michigan 45 (Left) 46 (Right)
Sefo Liufau Colorado 46 (Left) 44 (Right)
Deshaun Watson Clemson 45 (Left) 45 (Right)

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Here is the OurLads MPH report:

Year: 2017

Davis Webb California 56 (Left) 54 (Right)
Patrick Mahomes Texas Tech 55 (Left) 55 (Right)
Trevor Knight Texas A&M 55 (Left) 53 (Right)
CJ Beathard Iowa 55 (Left) 52 (Right)
Mitch Leidner Minnesota 53 (Left) 52 (Right)
DeShone Kizer Notre Dame 52 (Left) 52 (Right)
Seth Russell Baylor 52 (Left) 49 (Right)
Joshua Dobbs Tennessee 51 (Left) 50 (Right)
Jerod Evans Virginia Tech 50 (Left) 51 (Right)
Mitch Trubisky North Carolina 51 (Left) 50 (Right)
Nathan Peterman Pittsburgh 49 (Left) 49 (Right)
Brad Kaaya Miami 48 (Left) 47 (Right)
Cooper Rush Central Michigan 45 (Left) 46 (Right)
Sefo Liufau Colorado 46 (Left) 44 (Right)
Deshaun Watson Clemson 45 (Left) 45 (Right)

Nathan Peterman.  I pretty much imagine that's what Hack would have looked like if he had actually played live games.