Sell me on Deshone Kizer

BrickTamland

7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

In no way is that true at all. I would love to hear a defense of this position. 

I was joking but will give the comparison a shot;

Prototypical build of an NFL quarterback (both about 6'5" 230lbs)

Unhealthy coaching situations

Attended major universities that can help overrate prospects

Great arm strength but lack consistency

That's about it, Kizer is a dual threat QB with better completion percentage and TD/INT ratio and looks better on paper then the Hack - it will be interesting to see who has the higher draft position

On 1/10/2017 at 11:30 AM, BrickTamland said:

What do I do to become enamored with this guy?

Are there people here who love him? Has he earned it?

I've been blasted for this before, and I'm sure I'll hear it again... 

but remind me, why this isn't in the draft forum? 

I would take a shot on him. Just not in the first or second round. Unfortunately for the Jets in this QB barren draft Kizer will probably go in the top 10 which is waaaaaaaayyy to high IMO. I like him don't get me wrong but he will not be able to come in and start right away and that is the problem. You take a guy in the top 10 He should be ready to come in and play, not hold a clipboard for a year or two. Of course this all depends on the Jets mindset and plan. If they are going to keep Mac and by extension Bowles that probably means they are going to sign a veteran and try and fill needs via the draft. If thats the plan there is no need to draft a QB this year. I, however think that both Mac and Bowles are under pressure to "win now" and when that fails will both be gone at the end of this season. So the new guys coming in will want to go with their guys so to speak so Kizer would be better off if the Jets didn't draft him. The Jets need to have a plan and stick to it. All this revolving door coaches and GM's solve nothing. Lets hope with Woody in England things will change and this team can move forward.

On 1/10/2017 at 3:13 PM, KRL said:

Even though Notre Dame has stunk, the thing that's going for Kizer is they ran a pro style offense:

- They huddled

- He took snaps from center

- He's familiar with taking 3, 5 and 7 step drops

- It appeared that he wasn't a "one read" QB, it seemed like he went through progressions

- Good frame and arm strength

With Kizer the scouts can eliminate whether he can do the routine QB "stuff" and concentrate on his

intangibles

And as evidence you provide a highlight video him running zone read plays, rolling out to one side to limit his reads and running QB draws...all of which were done from shotgun. There are no plays shown where he takes a snap under center; there are no plays shown where he goes through progressions and no plays showing his using 3,5 or 7 step drops.

This does not mean none of the things you listed are true...just that what you provided as evidence of same is not evidence of those things.

On January 11, 2017 at 8:36 AM, tmarr said:

dont draft him...build oline,pass rusher,and DB.Resign Geno to 1 yr deal and let Geno Hack and Petty battle it out...

How about I stick a plunger in my cornhole?  That would be more fun than watching that next season

33 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

And as evidence you provide a highlight video him running zone read plays, rolling out to one side to limit his reads and running QB draws...all of which were done from shotgun. There are no plays shown where he takes a snap under center; there are no plays shown where he goes through progressions and no plays showing his using 3,5 or 7 step drops.

This does not mean none of the things you listed are true...just that what you provided as evidence of same is not evidence of those things.

Kizer the jury is still out for me I need to see more tape.

Otherwise it's Glennon or tank for Darnold for me.  

He's another quarterback with all the tools: strong arm, mobile, yadda yadda yadda.

He's also young, inexperienced, and wildly inconsistent. There seems to be no in-between with Kizer. He's either lighting it up or the exact opposite.

I don't see him as a first round prospect (I don't think I really see any of these quarterbacks as somebody I'd like to see in green and white), but somebody will fall in love with him and take him high in the draft.

Archived