Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Clementi49

The problem with every Jets fan...EVER

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Clementi49 said:

I will preface this with the simple fact the Jets winning Super Bowls has not done us any favors lately...

But, the problem with all NY Jets fans is they think they know everything before it happens, and there is this trickle down effect to booing at games, putting up billboards, complaining about trivial things...

Lets talk quarterbacks. Ok you have an opinion about Hack or Petty or Watson or Kiser or Trubisky. Great, we all get an opinion. But these players are pre judged by you supposed "fans", spit out 2 games later, and left for dead. We have not seen Hack take the field once, but yet half of you have some notion he sucks. He is set up for failure before he even takes the field as a Jet. If he doesn't throw for 500 yards 4 touchdowns and no interceptions his first two games as a pro, than he is labeled a bust by most on here. The "I told you so crew" comes out in droves and it's really god damn annoying. 

News flash people. You cannot run the team better! Not in this lifetime not in any lifetime. Firing Bowles after 2 seasons is asinine. Extensive search for a gm and head coach for the longjevity of a franchise doesn't end in year 2 because the results weren't SB in his first two years. 

The reason the Jets continual have to go get retread QBs (favre fitz etc) and not draft a young guy and develop him is your fault. You have no patience. Wait I know, it's been 40 something years! We've been patient enough.... I will say this about Mark Sanchez, he had 32 combined TDs in year 3 of his career and he was spit out. You want an Aaron Rodgers type (I do too) but no one is willing to sit through a few 5-11 seasons without "blowing it up" as it's been said on here. What the hell does that even mean anymore??? Jets like all teams are a solid few players away from being a contender. 

Point of this rant being, these players come pre judged and aren't allowed to become great players because of you guys. Not fully your fault , but you sure are a part of it. Let me guess, jet fans would of sat on two terrible Oakland raider years to see Carr flourish finally in year 3 ???? No shot. Sanchez went to back to back championship games and year 3 he had 32 TDs and was tossed aside like he had nothing to do with any of those games...

We will never be great as a team, unless the organization and fans change as a whole. The organization is going in that direction, you all need to grow up too...

I can totally run the team better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JiF said:

2 things:

1. Jets fans have nothing to do with how terrible the Jets are no matter how much you want to blame the fans.

2.  I'm 100% positive that if the Jets let me draft, we'd be loaded with talent and set to unseat the Cheaters.  Just give me a bean counter to handle the contract stuff and let me find the talent and the Jets are basically the Steelers in Green and White. 

 

Not directly. But add an owner who lets media and fans decide things and then it gets murky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JiF said:

2 things:

1. Jets fans have nothing to do with how terrible the Jets are no matter how much you want to blame the fans.

2.  I'm 100% positive that if the Jets let me draft, we'd be loaded with talent and set to unseat the Cheaters.  Just give me a bean counter to handle the contract stuff and let me find the talent and the Jets are basically the Steelers in Green and White. 

 

This team would be LOADADDD w talent w me as GM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

The tiny minority of fans who post on forums or call in the sports talk shows are 100% irrelevant to the management of the team.

Only a Fan, with a fans usual lack of self-awareness and objectivity, would think what they say on the phone or post to a forum would in any way affect the team.

Stop inflating own own self-importance.  The team is the team, fans watch it.  That's it.

And before anyone offers up "well, they signed X because....".  No.  They didn't.

Not with Woody. Which is why he is a bad owner. He didn't hire Doug Marrone because Manish Mehta ripped him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Clementi49 said:

I have season tickets.... so there's that. Shocking, you pre judged me.... exactly my point. 

35 years here,3 stadiums, how long you been going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not with Woody. Which is why he is a bad owner. He didn't hire Doug Marrone because Manish Mehta ripped him

Can you support the word "because" in this sentence?  Seems like all you could possibly know is a sentence that replaces "because" with "and."  "Because" is conjecture that you've used to fit your narrative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Clementi49 said:

 

News flash people. You cannot run the team better! Not in this lifetime not in any lifetime. Firing Bowles after 2 seasons is asinine. Extensive search for a gm and head coach for the longjevity of a franchise doesn't end in year 2 because the results weren't SB in his first two years. 

We will never be great as a team, unless the organization and fans change as a whole. The organization is going in that direction, you all need to grow up too...

2 things...

 

1. My behavior or any other fans behavior has no affect on this team. Fans will change when ownership makes decisions like a real businessman. 

2. I run a Jets fan club here in Charlotte NC and get together with over 100 fans each week on most weeks. There are 2-3 guys who are very smart, very understanding of football and in my mind, could GM this team to NO WORSE than where we have been the last several years. Guys who screamed to draft Burfict, not draft Vlad or Amaro etc.  These are guys with great jobs, hi level college education etc.  So I believe there are guys who can do better than what we have had in the GM role.\

Coaching?  Bad argument on your part.  There are better coaches than we have had and they are out there. How "mumbles" Bowles got hired is beyond me.  Can he do better than me?  Not sure but Im confident I could have finished last in the AFC east this year as he did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Just curious why the thread author would be a member or a forum in which others express their ideas and opnions. If reading other people post what they think and would do bothers someone...why would they even participate in this forum?

Signed,

Terrible Jets fan.

He is a Jets fan and you are surprised that he would do something that bothers him?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gEYno said:

Can you support the word "because" in this sentence?  Seems like all you could possibly know is a sentence that replaces "because" with "and."  "Because" is conjecture that you've used to fit your narrative.

It is circumstantial evidence that Marrone was almost thought to be lock for Jets head coach (at least according to his agent) and then the Mehta reports came out and all the sudden they kind of fell out of love with him. Supposedly Woody loved Marrone when he was on our staff and the company line is that when he interviewed Marrone, right around the time of the reports, it was reported that Woody thought "He had changed..." 

Michael Kay and LaGreca talked about it yesterday. They sort of didn't buy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #27TheDominator said:

He is a Jets fan and you are surprised that he would do something that bothers him?  

Tip of the hat to you...well done lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Clementi49 said:

I will preface this with the simple fact the Jets winning Super Bowls has not done us any favors lately...

But, the problem with all NY Jets fans is they think they know everything before it happens, and there is this trickle down effect to booing at games, putting up billboards, complaining about trivial things...

Lets talk quarterbacks. Ok you have an opinion about Hack or Petty or Watson or Kiser or Trubisky. Great, we all get an opinion. But these players are pre judged by you supposed "fans", spit out 2 games later, and left for dead. We have not seen Hack take the field once, but yet half of you have some notion he sucks. He is set up for failure before he even takes the field as a Jet. If he doesn't throw for 500 yards 4 touchdowns and no interceptions his first two games as a pro, than he is labeled a bust by most on here. The "I told you so crew" comes out in droves and it's really god damn annoying. 

News flash people. You cannot run the team better! Not in this lifetime not in any lifetime. Firing Bowles after 2 seasons is asinine. Extensive search for a gm and head coach for the longjevity of a franchise doesn't end in year 2 because the results weren't SB in his first two years. 

The reason the Jets continual have to go get retread QBs (favre fitz etc) and not draft a young guy and develop him is your fault. You have no patience. Wait I know, it's been 40 something years! We've been patient enough.... I will say this about Mark Sanchez, he had 32 combined TDs in year 3 of his career and he was spit out. You want an Aaron Rodgers type (I do too) but no one is willing to sit through a few 5-11 seasons without "blowing it up" as it's been said on here. What the hell does that even mean anymore??? Jets like all teams are a solid few players away from being a contender. 

Point of this rant being, these players come pre judged and aren't allowed to become great players because of you guys. Not fully your fault , but you sure are a part of it. Let me guess, jet fans would of sat on two terrible Oakland raider years to see Carr flourish finally in year 3 ???? No shot. Sanchez went to back to back championship games and year 3 he had 32 TDs and was tossed aside like he had nothing to do with any of those games...

We will never be great as a team, unless the organization and fans change as a whole. The organization is going in that direction, you all need to grow up too...

wrong.  100%

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Woody didn't hire Doug Marrone because Manish Mehta ripped him

and you know that because.......  ???

pure unfettered, unsupported, assumptive speculation.

Provide evidence or go away.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is nothing wrong with opinions, as long as they have some basis in fact and evidence.

I think what Jets fans do is that because "they're the SOJ" they instantly look at it negatively without any consideration. 

"SOJ" is not a fact or something that can be proven. Because in the end, every team has struggled at some point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It is circumstantial evidence that Marrone was almost thought to be lock for Jets head coach (at least according to his agent) and then the Mehta reports came out and all the sudden they kind of fell out of love with him. Supposedly Woody loved Marrone when he was on our staff and the company line is that when he interviewed Marrone, right around the time of the reports, it was reported that Woody thought "He had changed..." 

Michael Kay and LaGreca talked about it yesterday. They sort of didn't buy it.

... and Junior Gallette supposedly had a $7M offer from the Bucs when he got cut from the Saints.  He signed with Washington for $745K.

Quote

Not only was the former Bills coach ripped by one of his old assistants at Syracuse, but CBS reported Monday that Marrone’s interview with the Jets on Saturday did not go well.

“Marrone failed to close the deal in his interview,” a league source told the Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/marrone-jets-interview-not-source-article-1.2066844

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #27TheDominator said:

... and Junior Gallette supposedly had a $7M offer from the Bucs when he got cut from the Saints.  He signed with Washington for $745K.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/marrone-jets-interview-not-source-article-1.2066844

As I said, that is the company line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  



×