The problem with every Jets fan...EVER

Clementi49

3 hours ago, Clementi49 said:

I will preface this with the simple fact the Jets winning Super Bowls has not done us any favors lately...

But, the problem with all NY Jets fans is they think they know everything before it happens, and there is this trickle down effect to booing at games, putting up billboards, complaining about trivial things...

Lets talk quarterbacks. Ok you have an opinion about Hack or Petty or Watson or Kiser or Trubisky. Great, we all get an opinion. But these players are pre judged by you supposed "fans", spit out 2 games later, and left for dead. We have not seen Hack take the field once, but yet half of you have some notion he sucks. He is set up for failure before he even takes the field as a Jet. If he doesn't throw for 500 yards 4 touchdowns and no interceptions his first two games as a pro, than he is labeled a bust by most on here. The "I told you so crew" comes out in droves and it's really god damn annoying. 

News flash people. You cannot run the team better! Not in this lifetime not in any lifetime. Firing Bowles after 2 seasons is asinine. Extensive search for a gm and head coach for the longjevity of a franchise doesn't end in year 2 because the results weren't SB in his first two years. 

The reason the Jets continual have to go get retread QBs (favre fitz etc) and not draft a young guy and develop him is your fault. You have no patience. Wait I know, it's been 40 something years! We've been patient enough.... I will say this about Mark Sanchez, he had 32 combined TDs in year 3 of his career and he was spit out. You want an Aaron Rodgers type (I do too) but no one is willing to sit through a few 5-11 seasons without "blowing it up" as it's been said on here. What the hell does that even mean anymore??? Jets like all teams are a solid few players away from being a contender. 

Point of this rant being, these players come pre judged and aren't allowed to become great players because of you guys. Not fully your fault , but you sure are a part of it. Let me guess, jet fans would of sat on two terrible Oakland raider years to see Carr flourish finally in year 3 ???? No shot. Sanchez went to back to back championship games and year 3 he had 32 TDs and was tossed aside like he had nothing to do with any of those games...

We will never be great as a team, unless the organization and fans change as a whole. The organization is going in that direction, you all need to grow up too...

some good points but if the team does the everything the fans want it to they're in big trouble.  can't say woody launched idzik because of the billboards.  from what i understand he was launched because he wasn't being honest with woody.on the other hand there are quite a few very knowledgable fans (i'm not one) who actually do know a thing or two about the nfl and their opinion should matter.  we should not have to put up with 6 straight years of no playoffs.  nor should we put up with winning the division once in a blue moon.  contrary to what people think the patsies are just like every other team and it just takes the jets to play a solid game to win.  the same thing goes for the bills and the doltfins.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Lizard King said:

The Jets suck donkey balls and are as bad as they were in the Rich Kotite years. You haven't gone to half the games I've gone to or else you'd share this opinion as well. Easy to be a couch potato and talk yourself into the opposite. 

That doesn't mean anything else but you wasted money.

In defense of the OP, some of these fans are over the top negative, but it doesnt impact the performance of the field.  Its the other way around - players performance make us cheer and make us boo, not the other way around.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

"Lol" huh?

What I find amusing is, how hard could it actually be to;

Draft poorly? Overpay for veterans with bad attitudes? Hire the wrong HC? And build a roster that has gaping holes at between 12-15 starting positions?

I could do better...

lol

Personally, I prefer to watch the bums prove they are bums before trashing them. 

And I don't need the team to go to the playioffs every year, just be fvcking entertaining is all I ask.  Some of these years are just unwatchable.

3 hours ago, TJ said:

To all the posters who insist on telling us what kind of fans we are:  You will change nothing.   People have their opinions and will post them.   Maybe this group of "Super Fans"  should start their own website.   One where everything is groovy all the time and The Jets are the bestest team in all of sports. 

I totally agree with this 100%. The OP lost credibility with the statement "the Jets winning super Bowls"; plural; which is an erroneous statement. They won A Super Bowl, 100 years ago seemingly.

Oh, and don't you dare tell me what kind of fan to be, I was sitting in Shea Stadium freezing my ass off, swimming in frozen urine in Shea's bathrooms in December, watching a 2-12 team before you were a thought.

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It is circumstantial evidence that Marrone was almost thought to be lock for Jets head coach (at least according to his agent) and then the Mehta reports came out and all the sudden they kind of fell out of love with him. Supposedly Woody loved Marrone when he was on our staff and the company line is that when he interviewed Marrone, right around the time of the reports, it was reported that Woody thought "He had changed..." 

Michael Kay and LaGreca talked about it yesterday. They sort of didn't buy it.

So, basically, there's nothing to actually support it besides that the guys agent leaked that it was a done deal?  Got it.

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not directly. But add an owner who lets media and fans decide things and then it gets murky

This is the issue.  Whofans makes an excellent point.  Idzick was judged by one draft--not the fact that he cleaned house, cured the cap dilemma, and stockpiled picks by a savvy method of converting lost free agents to comp picks, all while dealing with Rex and his over-the-top personality. He also wouldn't re-up Revis which pissed off Rex and Woody (and was probably the right move). Fans wrote the billboards and paid for the fly-bys, then Woody cut the guys throat without ever letting him pick his own coach.  He may have been awful in the long run...but who knows?  he never had a long run.  Mangini -era drafting was the best this team's seen in decades.  But he missed the playoffs after an injured Favre, blew the second half of the season.  Would Mangini have been terrible long term?  Don't know.  There wasn't one.  Woody has lived and died by the back pages of the Daily News and Post...because he's interested in selling tix and PSL's.  If the Jets get criticized it hurts his bottom line and he pulls the trigger ensuring more flux, more turmoil and a lack of success.   Let's face it, any Jets fan that has a negative opinion has earned the right to have that opinion.  The Giants are in the same media market, have similar fan demographics and play in the same stadium--but they've had stability and championships.  So blaming the fans for an owner who lacks backbone is nonsensical.

4 hours ago, JiF said:

2 things:

1. Jets fans have nothing to do with how terrible the Jets are no matter how much you want to blame the fans.

2.  I'm 100% positive that if the Jets let me draft, we'd be loaded with talent and set to unseat the Cheaters.  Just give me a bean counter to handle the contract stuff and let me find the talent and the Jets are basically the Steelers in Green and White. 

Gator Aid?

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Next up: Becky's Facebook status about how she just doesn't care what others think.

There's these people. When they post political sh*t on FB, I think about different ways of abrupty hurting them. Not life altering pain. But a quick elbow to the forehead. Or a roundhouse kick to the back of the head. Or sometimes a Jimmy Snuka off a dumpster with a brick in my hands. Especially this one person. Like every now and then is fine. But this one person won't stop. Won't ever stop. Won't ever just shut the **** up.   

2 hours ago, dcJet said:

Personally, I prefer to watch the bums prove they are bums before trashing them. 

And I don't need the team to go to the playioffs every year, just be fvcking entertaining is all I ask.  Some of these years are just unwatchable.

WHAT THE "YOU ARE A BAD JETS FAN!" people don't get; we're beyond anger. It's so awful it's approaching apathy.And for any entertainment enterprise, that's the worst thing possible.  I can still watch, be somewhere between disgusted and bemused.They've(the front office, the coaching staff, the players and especially the idiot owner)  taken away the idea that the Jets will ever really compete  with the likes of the Pats, Giants, Steelers. Hope isn't merely gone, it's not ever going to be in the realm of possibility. 

Big Picture; QBs on playoff teams  various Jets' clown car braintrusts passed on; Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, Aaron Rodgers, Derek Carr and the kicker, Tom Brady. But we have sheetload of PryorGholstonMillinerMillerLee 95 degree summer day dumpster garbage juice to show for that instead. There is a stupidity that stalks Florham Park, and it's name is Robert Wood Johnson what ever the fvkcin' roman numeral bullsheet he has at the end of his name. And you cannot trust it. Ever. 

I agree that fans are not capable of running a pro team no matter how much they think they know. The amount of information publicly available about the workings of team management, the interaction between team organizations and players is incredibly small and steeped in gossip and lies from agents and the media. 

However, completely disagree that fans cause harm to the team by saying mean things online. Get real.

10 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Another one of these? It's not the ownership, the front office, the coaches or the players.

It's the fans.

For those who believe this special kind of stupid, just please tell me:

Did the Cubs get new fans last year?

The Jets are aware that the fanbase is...pissed. Perhaps it even played a part, albeit a small one, in Idzik walking the plank. Suspect business side people were talking about rumblings in ticket sales. 

Bu that has zero effect on the on field product. 

Post what and when ever you want. The discussion is part of the fun.But if you the most negative or positive poster here. It's not changing things substantively. 

Yeah right dude. While stressful, I think a lot of us could make better decisions as the GM than we have seen from this team.

Lots of guys on the forums knew stuff that apparently our staff didn't. There are people here who are genuinely good at this stuff. For instance, a bunch knew that gholston was a stiff. That pryor's biggest asset was wasted in the new nfl, that milliner was injured too much in college, that geno's stats were puffed by those "passes" that were basically handoffs in front of his body, that  we should draft Bridgewater, that we should draft Carr, that the boar hunter was a joke, that ducasse was a joke, that Sanchez practically played against air, that Braylon should have been resigned rather than Holmes, that Vick was done when he came here, that Tebow sucked, that damon Harrison should have been resigned, that Kyle Wilson was a bum.........

Good Post.

I dont know how much input the fans really have but there is a large portion of our fanbase who I truly believe like to be miserable and complain. They can't wait to go "Same old Jets, same old Jets!!!". They're never willing to see anything thru or give anyone a chance. And they absolutely pre judge players and let sports writers like Mehta work them into a frenzy.

Its not a shock we go after retread QB's and never go thru a proper rebuild. The fanbase has zero patience for that. They want everyone fired at the first sign of struggle. You have to give guys time. It's not a shock that we struggle with inconsistency. One good season, one bad, etc. Because there is always so much pressure on the GM and HC to produce immediate results. And I do think the owner considers the mood of the fanbase a little bit.

The proper move for next year would be to draft another QB and let them battle it out with our other 2. But our GM and HC can't risk an awful season. Cause they'll get fired. So we'll be looking for a veteran to help us produce some wins next year. I'm just hoping that vet is somebody whose young enough to grow with our team.

16 hours ago, Clementi49 said:

I will preface this with the simple fact the Jets winning Super Bowls has not done us any favors lately...

But, the problem with all NY Jets fans is they think they know everything before it happens, and there is this trickle down effect to booing at games, putting up billboards, complaining about trivial things...

Lets talk quarterbacks. Ok you have an opinion about Hack or Petty or Watson or Kiser or Trubisky. Great, we all get an opinion. But these players are pre judged by you supposed "fans", spit out 2 games later, and left for dead. We have not seen Hack take the field once, but yet half of you have some notion he sucks. He is set up for failure before he even takes the field as a Jet. If he doesn't throw for 500 yards 4 touchdowns and no interceptions his first two games as a pro, than he is labeled a bust by most on here. The "I told you so crew" comes out in droves and it's really god damn annoying. 

News flash people. You cannot run the team better! Not in this lifetime not in any lifetime. Firing Bowles after 2 seasons is asinine. Extensive search for a gm and head coach for the longjevity of a franchise doesn't end in year 2 because the results weren't SB in his first two years. 

The reason the Jets continual have to go get retread QBs (favre fitz etc) and not draft a young guy and develop him is your fault. You have no patience. Wait I know, it's been 40 something years! We've been patient enough.... I will say this about Mark Sanchez, he had 32 combined TDs in year 3 of his career and he was spit out. You want an Aaron Rodgers type (I do too) but no one is willing to sit through a few 5-11 seasons without "blowing it up" as it's been said on here. What the hell does that even mean anymore??? Jets like all teams are a solid few players away from being a contender. 

Point of this rant being, these players come pre judged and aren't allowed to become great players because of you guys. Not fully your fault , but you sure are a part of it. Let me guess, jet fans would of sat on two terrible Oakland raider years to see Carr flourish finally in year 3 ???? No shot. Sanchez went to back to back championship games and year 3 he had 32 TDs and was tossed aside like he had nothing to do with any of those games...

We will never be great as a team, unless the organization and fans change as a whole. The organization is going in that direction, you all need to grow up too...

TL; DR

16 hours ago, Clementi49 said:

The reason the Jets continual have to go get retread QBs (favre fitz etc) and not draft a young guy and develop him is your fault. You have no patience.

i'm sorry.  i'll try and do better.

fitz came here is a vet back up to geno.  

So if I hear you correctly, we need to bring back Sanchez?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

13 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Woody has lived and died by the back pages of the Daily News and Post...because he's interested in selling tix and PSL's.  If the Jets get criticized it hurts his bottom line and he pulls the trigger ensuring more flux, more turmoil and a lack of success.   Let's face it, any Jets fan that has a negative opinion has earned the right to have that opinion.  The Giants are in the same media market, have similar fan demographics and play in the same stadium--but they've had stability and championships.  So blaming the fans for an owner who lacks backbone is nonsensical.

Believe it or not, Woody Johnson channeling George Steinbrenner in an effort to stimulate PSL sales in a new stadium led to the greatest era in team history.  Over the 17 seasons he has owned the Jets we have 9 winning seasons, 6 non-losing seasons, and 6 playoff appearances which is not only the best stretch in team history, but it's right up there with almost every team in the NFL that has had a legitimate franchise quarterback let alone those that don't.  Find me another team without a quarterback like Brady, Manning, or Roethlisberger since 2000 that has had 9 winning seasons and played in 12 playoff games.

If you look at the teams that tried to build the "right" way, about 17 of them haven't sniffed the postseason or even a winning season since Woody Johnson bought the Jets.

And if you look at the teams that had the bonafide franchise quarterback, even they haven't performed consistently, take a look at the playoff appearances by Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, even Joe Flacco and Drew Brees haven't done anything since their one run.  Only 5 teams in the AFC have won Super Bowl's since 1986.  30 years, only 5 AFC franchises have had parades and t-shirts.

Point is, I'm convinced there is no "right" way to rebuild a team and what Woody and Tannenbaum attempted by eschewing the draft and loading up on more proven NFL free agents than any other team wasn't actually a bad strategy.  You can't argue with the success we had compared to other NFL teams back then and how bad we've been since Idzik decided we should stop doing it.

SAR I

15 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

We could have drafted luck and half the forum would have found a way to make it seem like it was a bad move and tell us all about how we should have drafted Russel Wilson with the number one overall pick.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Can you name one instance where something remotely close to this happened?

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Believe it or not, Woody Johnson channeling George Steinbrenner in an effort to stimulate PSL sales in a new stadium led to the greatest era in team history.  Over the 17 seasons he has owned the Jets we have 9 winning seasons, 6 non-losing seasons, and 6 playoff appearances which is not only the best stretch in team history, but it's right up there with almost every team in the NFL that has had a legitimate franchise quarterback let alone those that don't.  Find me another team without a quarterback like Brady, Manning, or Roethlisberger since 2000 that has had 9 winning seasons and played in 12 playoff games.

If you look at the teams that tried to build the "right" way, about 17 of them haven't sniffed the postseason or even a winning season since Woody Johnson bought the Jets.

And if you look at the teams that had the bonafide franchise quarterback, even they haven't performed consistently, take a look at the playoff appearances by Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, even Joe Flacco and Drew Brees haven't done anything since their one run.  Only 5 teams in the AFC have won Super Bowl's since 1986.  30 years, only 5 AFC franchises have had parades and t-shirts.

Point is, I'm convinced there is no "right" way to rebuild a team and what Woody and Tannenbaum attempted by eschewing the draft and loading up on more proven NFL free agents than any other team wasn't actually a bad strategy.  You can't argue with the success we had compared to other NFL teams back then and how bad we've been since Idzik decided we should stop doing it.

SAR I

Woody is unfairly attacked by Jet fans and the media.  has done a mostly good job since taking over. they must forget Leon hess.

Archived