Has this team even interviewed a single OC Candidate???

jmat321

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/10/2017 at 5:06 PM, RoadFan said:

Nobody wants this job.

1) Lame duck HC. 

2) Bad offensive line. 

3) Bad QBs

4) Bad TEs

5) mediocre RBs. 

Bad defense.

He has a few WR prospects to work with....for a year at the most until a regime change.

You left out the whiney, miserable, negative fanbase. 

We've hired 2 coaches without a peep from the media before hand.  I think it's pretty safe to assume the Jets are working hard at filling this position but the media has nothing to give us.  I also think it might be a good assumption that our OC might still be on a playoff team that hasn't been beat yet.

On 1/10/2017 at 4:17 PM, bostonmajet said:

I don't think this is what is going on, but this reminds me of a scene from Major League where the call the guy to offer him the manager job, and he asked if he could put him on hold because he had a guy on the other line wanted to buy new tires.

set of white walls

On 1/10/2017 at 5:53 PM, 44JohnRIGGINS said:

I read somewhere I believe it was the Jet press but don't quote me that the jets are currently waiting for the chiefs season to end so that they can talk to Brad Childress there OC about the job... The sense is that he's sick of being on Andy Reid's leash and wants to call plays himself,  I would be all for Childress coming to NY, he's done wonders with Smith,  of course Reid will get all the credit but regardless still would like him. 

That would be a good hire, I'd be happy with childress.

On 1/10/2017 at 11:44 AM, joewilly12 said:

I said this yesterday in another thread maybe the person they want is part of a team still alive in the playoffs at some capacity of coaching. 

Any ideas as to who it might be?

On 1/10/2017 at 2:53 PM, 44JohnRIGGINS said:

I read somewhere I believe it was the Jet press but don't quote me that the jets are currently waiting for the chiefs season to end so that they can talk to Brad Childress there OC about the job... The sense is that he's sick of being on Andy Reid's leash and wants to call plays himself,  I would be all for Childress coming to NY, he's done wonders with Smith,  of course Reid will get all the credit but regardless still would like him. 

Matt Nagy (New Jersey born) the other KC offensive coordinator might also be an option as Childress was reported that he was thinking about retirement.  What about Mike Munchak?  Never called plays before but has head coaching experience and could take over as interim if anything were to happen to Bowles.  Other names that were interesting while looking at playoff teams staffs (though none of them have extensive play calling experience):

Alex Van Pelt (QB Coach, Packers, 2009 Bills OC)
Pat O'Hara (Offensive Assistant, Texans, HC/OC for various Arena Football teams)
Matt LeFeur (QB Coach, Falcons, 2007 Ashland OC)
Sherman Smith (RB Coach, Seahawks, 2008 Redskins OC)

4 minutes ago, thadude said:

He was forced out

Possibly but we'll never know for sure. 

WHo do you think performed worse this season, offense or defense? Not both.

Based on stats, I would say the offense. The Jets allowed 408 points.this year. The Dolphins allowed 380. One team is 10-6, the other is 5-11,

The Falcons allowed 406 points this year. They are 11-5

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Possibly but we'll never know for sure. 

WHo do you think performed worse this season, offense or defense? Not both.

Based on stats, I would say the offense. The Jets allowed 408 points.this year. The Dolphins allowed 380. One team is 10-6, the other is 5-11

That's because we had by far the worst 4 Quarterbacks on any NFL roster.

1 minute ago, thadude said:

That's because we had by far the worst 4 Quarterbacks on any NFL roster.

Although I agree with you its not the whole picture.  The Jets were also 1st or 2nd in total drops on the season as well.  There is a lot that went into our total offensive regression this year.

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

Although I agree with you its not the whole picture.  The Jets were also 1st or 2nd in total drops on the season as well.  There is a lot that went into our total offensive regression this year.

The drops were bad but alot of that was Fitz throwing behind receivers which he did constantly when he wasn't throwing pick 6's

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

And why is that? Partially Ryan Fitzpatrick regressing from the previous year, partly lack of QB development. Which leads to the offensive staff

Dude, none of these guys are good.  Fitz throws like a girl, Geno is brain-dead, Petty sucks and Hackenberg is a joke.

You can't turn garbage into gold. 

Just now, thadude said:

The drops were bad but alot of that was Fitz throwing behind receivers which he did constantly when he wasn't throwing pick 6's

Drops are catchable balls, doesn't have to be perfect precision placement.  I'm not disagreeing with you but when the QB play wasn't the issue the receivers were.  The receivers didn't help their QB when help was needed.  It was a complete systemic failure.

Just now, dbatesman said:

It would be funny if we went into next season without any offensive coordinator at all, and even funnier when UnitedWhofans inevitably said "Well a lot of people criticized Gailey last year so shouldn't you be happy???"

No one seems to want the job.

I can see why.  Our quarterbacks are sh_t, our GM is HORRIBLE at evaluating quarterbacks, and Bowles might be fired by week 8 next year.

Archived