Has this team even interviewed a single OC Candidate???

jmat321

5 minutes ago, thadude said:

No one seems to want the job.

I can see why.  Our quarterbacks are sh_t, our GM is HORRIBLE at evaluating quarterbacks, and Bowles might be fired by week 8 next year.

OK I think you have some hyperbole, its too early to say he or his scout team are horrible at evaluating qbs, he can only pick the young prospects, its up to the coaches to shape these guys into NFL players.  The QB coach for both Petty and Hack was Patullo, Patullo a coach that had 0 QB coaching experience was responsible for developing these young men.  He now has been fired.  More then the OC or other position coaches, its important to see whow Bowles brings in for this position specifically as this is the position that will be responsible for getting an young QB ready to play in the NFL.  Patullo failed at that job.  I'm interested to know who is going to come in and hopefully get these kids on the right track.  (With the proper coach I don't think Petty is far off honestly, my concern with Petty is the arc of his ball, he tends to loft at distance instead of driving the ball downfield).  Hack is obviously TBD with a huge ?s.  I can feel your anger and frustration in your words, I just think its slightly misdirected or premature.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

OK I think you have some hyperbole, its too early to say he or his scout team are horrible at evaluating qbs, he can only pick the young prospects, its up to the coaches to shape these guys into NFL players.  The QB coach for both Petty and Hack was Patullo, Patullo a coach that had 0 QB coaching experience was responsible for developing these young men.  He now has been fired.  More then the OC or other position coaches, its important to see whow Bowles brings in for this position specifically as this is the position that will be responsible for getting an young QB ready to play in the NFL.  Patullo failed at that job.  I'm interested to know who is going to come in and hopefully get these kids on the right track.  (With the proper coach I don't think Petty is far off honestly).  Hack is obviously TBD with a huge ?s.  I can feel your anger and frustration in your words, I just think its slightly misdirected or premature.

Everyone wants to blame everyone for Hackenberg sucking except Hackenberg

3 minutes ago, thadude said:

Everyone wants to blame everyone for Hackenberg sucking except Hackenberg

Ok if out of all that I just wrote that is the only thing you took from it and responded with, I'm just going to end the conversation here.  I tried to be reasonable.  You can proceed to shake your fist and yell at the clouds.

7 minutes ago, thadude said:

And Petty completed 0 in his last start!

Get the wing in Canton ready!

Did he complete it? Doesn't count if he didn't complete the game

Tebow went 2-8 in an NFL game. If you tell me that Bryce Petty is worse than that, then you have an agenda because the facts clearly disprove that

On 1/10/2017 at 2:58 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

There are several alternatives:

1. The Jets are waiting for candidates that are on current playoff teams

2. The Jets are conducting interviews and they've kept it quiet (i.e. the Wilkerson extension)

3. The candidates are looking at HC jobs first before coordinator jobs.

To me the answer is 3.

Looks like it was none of those and they are just promoting from within!

As coach:

An interview!!!

The Jets are interviewing Broncos RBs coach Eric Studesville for their offensive coordinator vacancy.

A Broncos assistant coaching running backs since 2010, Studesville coordinated the Bills' offense from 2004-08. He'd be a decidedly low-wattage hire for a team with all sorts of issues on offense.

All I can say is, holy moly... the Gailey/Fitz-era Bills offense didn't work for us, so let's go back to the guys that were fired before Gailey was hired in Buffalo.

Makes perfect sense, really.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

MInd of the fans- so and so wants to come here. "HE MUST SUCK!"

RBs coach for the Broncos doesn't tell me he is capable of running an NFL offense. I don't see any basis for this guy to get an interview for this job. It honestly looks like Bowles/Jets are just doing this guy a favor by putting his name out there as a possible OC for future jobs. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

An interview!!!

All I can say is, holy moly... the Gailey/Fitz-era Bills offense didn't work for us, so let's go back to the guys that were fired before Gailey was hired in Buffalo.

Makes perfect sense, really.

Offense was ranked 7th in 2004. Worked under Tom Clements

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

RBs coach for the Broncos doesn't tell me he is capable of running an NFL offense. I don't see any basis for this guy to get an interview for this job. It honestly looks like Bowles/Jets are just doing this guy a favor by putting his name out there as a possible OC for future jobs. 

Very possibly, but people are going to jump anyway

I see he has experience with the Bills.  When I saw that the first thing that popped into my head was to check if he worked under Chan Gailey and therefore Fitzpatrick.  He DID!!  2009.

So did Chan recommend him and does this mean Fitz in 2017?

He might suck ass completely. But we don't know.

No one knows. However, there are bunch of well known commodities that have orchestrated elite offense on the market. But we interview a question mark. Why didn't the Broncos bump him up to OC or HC? They've seen him in action. They know what he is about. They seem more than happy to let him steer our sinking ship. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

No one knows. However, there are bunch of well known commodities that have orchestrated elite offense on the market. But we interview a question mark. Why didn't the Broncos bump him up to OC or HC? They've seen him in action. They know what he is about. They seem more than happy to let him steer our sinking ship. 

The interesting thing is that he survived coaching changes in Denver, so they must value him very much. There are some Broncos fans on Twitter who don't like that he's leaving.

Also another thought, he might bring his QB coach with him

The interesting thing is that he survived coaching changes in Denver, so they must value him very much

I don't know his entire history, but I do know the Broncos recently drafted Devontae Booker who had 4 fumbles on only 174 carries. 
Didn't they also draft Monta Ball in the 2nd round and he ended up sucking? 

Either way, I am sure he is a fine RB's coach, but I will be convinced this team is tanking if they randomly choose him to be their OC. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't know his entire history, but I do know the Broncos recently drafted Devontae Booker who had 4 fumbles on only 174 carries. 
Didn't they also draft Monta Ball in the 2nd round and he ended up sucking? 

Either way, I am sure he is a fine RB's coach, but I will be convinced this team is tanking if they randomly choose him to be their OC. 

I have heard nobody on Twitter of any note say it would be a bad hire.

Archived